Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Pokémon Origins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Although I have been up to date with the events of the Pokemon Anime so far, I haven't watched the show since the late D/P saga. Today though, it is the first time that I am almost as excited with a Pokemon Anime as I am with Pokemon X/Y. According to serebii:

"During the Pokémon Game Show, it was announced that a brand new anime will run to coincide with Pokémon XY. This anime is called Pokémon: The Origin, features Red & Green, is based directly on the games, and is to run from October 2nd. It's currently unclear if this is a special or a series but we'll provide information as soon as we can. The show features Red as he starts his journey and battles his rival Green, and the Gym Leader Brock."

There are also a few cool pictures there that showcase a slightly different (and better IMO) art direction from the current Anime.
As a person whose childhood was hugely influenced by the first Pokemon games, I am so happy to see an anime based on them. I am also happy to see that the old days are not completely forgotten. This is a loveletter to all Pokemon fans, old and new.
What are your opinions and expectations about this newly announced anime?
I don't watch Pokemon mainly because they're over9000 episodes each season, but for this I'll make an exception. I mean... FKING RED & FKING GREEN DUDES! It's a must-watch anime. ;_;

For those who are interested:

They say "original animation" so it might be an OVA or something.
Amazing... II really hope it's a series.
In my opinion, that's good news to see a new anime, even if it is a short one, a different one with new protagonists. I hope to get a dub for it.
Awesome, just awesome. I don't know what to say!!!
Prior to the start of the Pocket Monsters XY anime series, an anime special called Pocket Monsters: The Origin will air October 2, 2013.
It will star the characters Red and Blue (named Green in Japan) from the Generation I games. Red will be using a Charmander and will be facing off against Brock who has a Geodude. Charmander knows Scratch and Geodude knows Tackle. Red will also be meeting Lance.
Blue will be using Blastoise in the special. Red's Charmander will become a Charizard. Professor Oak and Red's mom will also be making an appearance. The official Japanese Pokémon website's YouTube channel released a trailer featuring scenes from the special.

by bulbapedia
I don't want Red to get charmander and Green (eng. Blue) to get squirtle. I want it to be manga accurate, Red-bulbasaur, Green (eng. Blue)-charmander, Blue (eng Green)-squirtle. At least it's better than nothing.
It's been a while since I watched the series and I'm a bit behind at the movies too, but I'll sure watch that one :)

PS. I can't stand but wonder, whether we'll ever meet the Pokémon that inspired the anonymous sculptures in the games:
[Image: BR3RC6mCUAE7g5s.jpg]
Well , i've seen the news too! It's a great idea , but it will only be 1 special episode...so i wonder how they will able to put everything inside..we'll see!
According to Pk-mn.com, the special will be 1h49m long, so basically it's a one-off thing, not a series.
We already knew it was going to be a one-time thing Toungue
Look @ Prof. Oak. He gets on my nerves. xD Shitty design imho(face)

Epic, Pokemon Centers have the map from Generation 1! Not 2nd or 3rd gen!

[Image: x55lwl.png]
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's