Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Odd habits in Pokemon games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Whenever I start a new Pokemon game, I always have my six Pokemon in the order that I received/caught them. It drives me crazy if they are in any other order.

After capturing a Roaming/Legendary, I save at least 3 times just to make sure it's saved.

In FireRed and LeafGreen, every time I go to Seven Island, I MUST go do the Chansey Dance before I can leave again.

Is it just me, or do other people do these things as well?
I'm pretty sure it's a universal impulse to save four or five times after you've made a big important catch.

As for me, I set up little backstories for my avatars and Pokemon. For example, Lucas is the little brother of the champion that Blue walked in and defeated.

Lots of people do idiosyncratic things in Pokemon games.
(31-08-2013 04:25 AM)Alcovich Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure it's a universal impulse to save four or five times after you've made a big important catch.
You're probably right.
The other things I do are rather unusual though.
About the saving thing, I do it when I don't hear the "CHING" sound when it's done. Toungue I won't battle with the 1st Gym Leader unles my starter has evolved to the next stage.

I want every single Pokemon in my party to be at the exact same level. xD I also want to explore every route or I'll explode. Toungue
Yep I save a lot. Even after a trade, I save again. And by mistake, I usually talk at least two times to the nurse.
(31-08-2013 12:34 PM)fr3quency Wrote: [ -> ]I won't battle with the 1st Gym Leader unless my starter has evolved to the next stage.
I'm that way too. It's just something I have to do.
@grassdragon, I sometimes think about evolving the othes as well. I want to beat the game after 40-60 hours, like Diamond. But it gets kinda boring battling the same Pokemon again and again so I move on. Toungue
(31-08-2013 07:07 PM)fr3quency Wrote: [ -> ]@grassdragon, I sometimes think about evolving the othes as well. I want to beat the game after 40-60 hours, like Diamond. But it gets kinda boring battling the same Pokemon again and again so I move on. Toungue

As long as I'm training to get the Pokemon to evolve, it's not boring to me.

Whenever I play through a Pokemon game for the first time, I HAVE to have a Female starter. I SR until I get one.
AM I THE ONLY ONE AROUND HERE

who doesn't need an evolved starter to defeat the first Gym? Seriously, most of the time my Pokemon team is around Level 10 or so before I challenge the first gym.

Also, I never had a problem with Whitney. Her Miltank was a piece of cake with my Level 20 Quilava.
I also go head straight into the first gym with my unevolved starter. Actually I never ever build a proper team, just my starter and a couple of Pokemon I catch around, till I find stronger ones.
The only exception was B/W where friendly japanese strangers from the GTS gave away Zorua and starters for plain whatever-early-pokemon-appear-in-the-beggining.
That's when had a proper team made of the starter trio, a couple of HM Slaves (aptly named Spartacus) and one random Pokemon that I caught around Toungue

What is more, I too often save a couple of times once I've caught a tough Pokemon.
I also save multiple times when I have accomplished something important.I explore every route and capture every pokemon in the route.My pokemon stored in the PC never hold an item (apart from those for competitive battles).I want to have the pokemon in a specific order when facing the league champion.I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one who has strange habits when playing the game Toungue
I use a team of 8 or 9 relatively strong Pokemon for every game I play, instead of one atomic powerhouse.

I tried the "powerhouse" method in my FireRed save when I was young (I had a Lv. 80 Venusaur), and I always got killed whenever I fought the Elite Four.
(01-09-2013 01:13 AM)Alcovich Wrote: [ -> ]I tried the "powerhouse" method in my FireRed save when I was young (I had a Lv. 80 Venusaur), and I always got killed whenever I fought the Elite Four.

Of course you got killed, Lorelei is the first elite four member and she has Ice Type Pokemon. Not to mention, Agatha's Ghost Types know Physic and Poison type moves.
You actually only need two Pokemon to beat the Elite Four.
Magmar (level 80+) and Electabuzz (level 80+)
(31-08-2013 08:35 PM)Alcovich Wrote: [ -> ]AM I THE ONLY ONE AROUND HERE

who doesn't need an evolved starter to defeat the first Gym? Seriously, most of the time my Pokemon team is around Level 10 or so before I challenge the first gym.

Yeah my friend , you're not alone , i have usually 2 pokemon with me when i go to the first gym and i try to make them equal in levels so i have never an evolved starter but something like a first-evo starter around level 9-10-11-12 and a second pokemon that you can catch in the early stages of the game around 7-8 level too!

Well some other things i like to do in my games are:
1)I always let a ditto (when i catch one or whatever) on the take care and leave it there forever so i can make easy and faster eggs! (For example i have a ditto in Pearl since 2008 or 2009 in the day-care and it went from 49 level to 96 Toungue)
2)I name the rival with a name that ties-in with the player's name. For example when my character was named Xanxus (a nemesis of the protagonist in the famous anime Katekyo Hitman Reborn) i named the rival...Tsuna!(the protagonist of Katekyo Hitman Reborn) or when my name was Psari(fish in greek) , the rival was then named..Kreas(meat in greek) (well , i wish i had another rival or character to name , i would name him/her Pasta or Vegetable xD
3)When i evolve a pokemon via stone or i give it a rare candy to go to the next level when it evolves , i always go near the bike shop and i evolve it around the bicycles!! This started back in saphire when i evolved my Vulpix and i happened to be in Mauville city so i went next to the bicycles and gave it the fire-stone! (unfortunately there's no bike shop in generation v so i stopped this tradition... Sad )
4)all my pokemon must be on the same level (although i don't achieve this but i never have on my last games , for example a lv.50 samurott and all the others like 15 levels below! , they are usually around the same level ^^)
well that's all i remember right now , if i remember anything i will add it hereCool
I, as well, do everything Aldark does, except evolve my Pokemon near the bike shop. That's a little tedious.

Also:
I only allow one legendary Pokemon on my team at a time.

Whenever I catch a Pokemon to complete the 'Dex, I release it. I think of it as catch-and-release.

I name all of my protagonists and rivals after their manga counterparts, except when I feel the need to name my protagonist "Grey".

I take my time completing a Pokemon game. It usually takes me about 60 to 100 hours.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's