Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: The Writers' Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Don't let this happen to you. (Click to View)

If you haven't already figured it out, I am very self-conscious about my writing.
Enough sidetracking! To the point!

This thread will be all about people writing Fanfictions, how they write, where their ideas came from, etc. I believe the only inhabitants of this thread will be me (GKA and Pokemon: Dead Version), Grassdragon (Arceus The Untold Story), Hachi (The Banished Dragon), and Kalas Rey if he ever decides to come back. If you ever write a fanfiction, feel free to talk about it here. Or if you don't write, you can talk about our fanfictions.

So let's talk about fanfictions!
grassdragon ~ author of "Arceus: The Untold Story".

Where the Idea Came From:
I've often wondered where Arceus came from. His description is that he was born from an egg and that he shaped the world. I thought it would be interesting to write a story that was based on Arceus and where he came from.

How I write:
I write in dialogues. I'm typically not that detailed because I want to get to the cream filling of the Twinkie, in other words, I want to get to the good stuff.

Improvements I plan on making with my next story. (which will come after I get finished with A:TUS)

1. More Details
-thoughts of characters
-developments of relationships between characters
-more detailed Routes, Cities/Towns, and Battles.

2. Longer Chapters

3. More Cohesive storyline
Hachi ~ Author of ''The Banished Dragon''
Where the idea came from:
I saw GD's fanfic and then a voice in my head told me:''Hey!You can make a fanfic too!'' Toungue
How do I write:
Mostly dialogues,but I also write some details.
Improvements I'll make in TBD:
1)Longer chapters,because the story is long.
2)Adding references from:
a)songs
b)movies
Toungue
3)Writing more othen Toungue
Alcovich ~ Grey's Kanto Adventure, Pokemon: Dead Version

GKA: A story about a trainer named Grey who adventures through Kanto.

Pokemon: Dead Version: A story about a survivor of a Pokemon Zombie Apocalypse.

Where do I start?
To start, I get my chapters out far less often than the others. I average one chapter per around a month and a half.

I am detailed to a fault. While Grassdragon wants to "get to the cream of the Twinkie", I like to take my time and slow down, describing every single detail, from that pothole in the Route to that Pidgeot flying above. The negative side of this is that my fanfiction is taking a very long time to pick up steam. (I.E, the Twinkie's crust is very, very thick.) That's probably why my story has so few views compared to the others...

The idea for Grey's Kanto Adventure, my main story, was a gradual synthesis of other ideas that culminated into one big thing. I started with a skeleton (Grey travels the Kanto region), and the rest grew out of that basic idea.

Pokemon: Dead Version appeared like a zombie horde: out of nowhere. I literally woke up one morning and decided to write a fanfiction about a Poke-Zom-Pocalypse.

My favorite method of writing is in the first person. Pokemon: Dead Version, however, is being written in an epistolary fashion, with different journal entries as the different chapters. (Five bonus points if you can define "Epistolary".)

To get things moving along: Which of your characters is your favorite?
My favorite Characters from each Fanfiction.

Arceus: The Untold Story
I would have to say my favorite character is Alcovich. His character is intelligent (I'm not saying that the others aren't smart. I'm just saying he's the smartest) and provides a lot of comic relief during serious situations.

Grey's Kanto Adventure
Green is my favorite character. I don't really have a reason. It's just an instinct.

The Banished Dragon
Skorp is my favorite character because I like the way his character is written.

Kalos Rey
Kalas Rey is my favorite because he has a wonderful sense of humor.
(10-11-2013 05:39 AM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]The Banished Dragon
Skorp is my favorite character because I like the way his character is written.

I made Skorp to look like what he is.A troll.Toungue
We've talked to the chatroom many times.Toungue
Speaking of chatroom,Sibyl is one of the 2 halfops of our chatroom.The other is me.Toungue

Time for my favourite characters!

Arceus:The Untold Story:
Alcovich.He's timid AND clever.(it sounds like the classic geek in a movie/book,but Alcovich is different!

The Banished Dragon:
My favourite character is not in the fanfic yet.But so far my favourite character is Prof.Ninjo.His Swellow is named Lenny and when he flies using Lenny,he sings ''Fly Away'' by Lenny Kravitz.Isn't that enough?Toungue

Grey's Kanto Adventures:
Please give me a link.I haven't read it yet!Blush
@Hachi
Here ya go!
Grey's Kanto Adventure
Okay, so I thought of doing a "medieval Pokemon" fanfiction. It'd be sort of a time when clans fought and Pokemon fought Humans and advanced technology was not very advanced, and one little boy went out on an epic quest to save his village from an evil samurai warlord and his army of evil dark warriors with the tainted souls of Pokemon (or something along those lines). Except not like Pokemon Conquest.

But, I already have HUGE catching-up to do with my existing fanfiction. Can one of you guys think about writing something like this? It seems too good to pass up.

P.S. Really? No one could define "epistolary"?
(16-11-2013 05:47 AM)Alcovich Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so I thought of doing a "medieval Pokemon" fanfiction. It'd be sort of a time when clans fought and Pokemon fought Humans and advanced technology was not very advanced, and one little boy went out on an epic quest to save his village from an evil samurai warlord and his army of evil dark warriors with the tainted souls of Pokemon (or something along those lines). Except not like Pokemon Conquest.

But, I already have HUGE catching-up to do with my existing fanfictions. Can one of you guys think about writing something like this? It seems too good to pass up.

P.S. Really? No one could define "epistolary"?
I might take this storyline and use it for a story but only as a side project because I've still got a few Chapters left on A:TUS and then I have my Kalos Story already planned.

What I'm thinking of doing is continuing to write my main stories and every so often put out a Chapter of this side story you've come up with. Like you said, it's a really good plot-line.

Epistolary ~ written in letter form.
Thank you! Five bonus points to Grassdragon!
Technically, it's a story told through written documents, especially letters.

Well, if side-story is the best you can do, then I suppose it's better than my one-chapter-a-year policy.
For those of us that write Fanfics, don't forget to update your post in the Fanfic Index.
Well, who else would you be addressing if not the people who write fanfictions?
I decided that I will write here my TBD spoilers,because it's The Writers' Thread Toungue
Spoilers for Chap.5 (Click to View)
Spoilers for your fanfics are welcome.Toungue
Spoilers for GKA (Click to View)
Well, I quit my first Nuzlocke.

I lost my Surfer and got stranded on Mossdeep City. (CURSE YOU, TATE AND LIZA!!!!!!)

But the good news is, I can (and did) start my newest excuse to not write GKA (whoops, I meant fanfiction): The Defenders of Hoenn Nuzlocke! It's not your average, ordinary Nuzlocke, as you shall discover when you read the newly posted Prologue!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's