Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Steelix or Scizor?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Both are very EXTREMELY different Pokemon with different roles.

Steelix is a good physical wall but it's outclassed by Skarmory who has an arguably better typing and movepool [although it lacks STAB Earthquake]

While Scizor is the ultimate physical sweeper, Technician, Swords Dance, base 130 attack, arguably the best typing in the game [Don't tell me Dark/Ghost because i prefer having 10+ resistances other than having none.], U-Turn, somewhat good defenses, base 65 speed isn't something to laugh about as well, because it can be a good revenge-killer with a Choice Scarf Iron Head/Choice Band Bullet Punch.
of course scizor
it is red my fav colour
Scizor because of Acrobatics + technician + Flying gem.And bug bite.And stab u turn.And because of balanced def and attack.And because of the awesome sprites whichever they are , normal or shiny.

Then again it depends what you need it for.
I've voted for scizor because it's much more useful than steelix in the way the metagame is formed.scizor counters and revenges many common threats such as latias,ttar etc
However a Choice Band gyro ball from steelix would really hurt..

@ King : I've never encountered that set you mentioned with acrobatics.How exactly does it work?Because i think it's a real waste to use this gem on scizor..
(16-11-2011 11:13 PM)christos21 Wrote: [ -> ]I've voted for scizor because it's much more useful than steelix in the way the metagame is formed.scizor counters and revenges many common threats such as latias,ttar etc
However a Choice Band gyro ball from steelix would really hurt..

@ King : I've never encountered that set you mentioned with acrobatics.How exactly does it work?Because i think it's a real waste to use this gem on scizor..

Im not really sure but i think that i saw it on serebii somwhere.....anyway it is far more powerfull than you think.Try it.

Adamant @ Flying gem

u turn
bullet punch
substitute
acrobatics

or something like that.....i can't really remember it now but i do remember beeing completely stuned when it ohkoed a very bulky poke of mine on PO and it wasn't even a crit or supper effective.I Don't remember what it was though Toungue I think it was snorlax.........But im not sure.It might even have been a scizor.
I personally prefer Steelix.
Free focus sash ability ensures that Stealth Rock will be set up (at least in single battles).
Its typing allows it immunity to Thunder, which makes it ideal choice for a Rain Dance team ( supposing you use at least one Storm Drainer/Water Absorber to switch in, in case of water types that show up)
Stab Earthquake+Smack Down ruins even a Fire Flying (or Rock Slide/Stone Edge.I personally prefer Smack Down to bring down Staraptor/Zapdos).
Access to Dragon Tail which combos well with Stealth Rock.Also, its low Speed makes the low priority of DT look like it doesnt even exist Toungue
And, as mentioned before, one of the most powerful Gyro Balls in the game.

Hydriegon

Scizor all the way.

1. He looks way cooler.
2. It may be harder to catch a scyther sometimes but he has less weaknesses.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's