Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: The Designers' messages... Are they sincere?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As you all know, the game designers' have always strived to teach us that each Pokemon can be good, that there aren't bad Pokemon, but bad trainers... Right?

Well, I experienced their "racism" towards many Pokemon, in the Battle Tower.
  1. They are using the same Pokemon, over and over...
  2. They make you use totally Uber and over-Broken Pokemon in order to be able to defeat the tower. Some Pokemon are simply doomed...

So.. Is this the message they wanted to give us? Why are they screwing it up?

Secondly... They want to teach us that Pokemon is not a brutal game despite the battles involved. Right?
Why do they wanna make use feel guitly when in Colosseum, knocking out a "baby" Pokemon makes it cry (lik Pichu, Castform and Spheal)?
I dunno, but something really breaks in me when I do this...

Your thoughts?
That message is pure marketing, you know that ^_^

Anyway, I believe any Pokémon can be awesome... in their own category. Perhaps that's what they were saying.
In my opinion,all pokemon are not equal.Pretty much like every living thing on planet Earth including humans.Some maybe stronger,some maybe weaker.
That is proved also by the existance of the IVs...If they truly wanted equality they would not have the IV mechanic in the game.
Throughtout the species of pokemon even pokemon of the same species have different IVs. :roll:
This "versatility" of stats was enchanced in the "mineral generations" by the personality(nature) factor.But that is the element that makes the Pokemon games so good. 8)
I believe that the game designers message had a different meaning,that
every pokemon can be good and usuable...to its own area of expertise.
Battling is not everything in the fabulous world of Pokemon. 8)
Well, I'm aware of that but still...
I think that if we want to be honest we have to admit that there are strong and weak pokemon.Let's say that someone wants to use a rock pokemon.Will he ever use a Nosepass?
I don't want to be mean :twisted: :twisted: Lol but Eraleas,is there any relationship between this thread and the "machamp at 78" story Lol Lol.
Yup...

I mean... You cannot beat the Battle Tower w/o using overused Pokemon! And I always see the same Pokemon in the tower, all over again!

That Champ could have been beaten by my Crobat, wasn't it fo that Critical Cross Chop + Guts activation... Sheesh! It's way too unfair!!!
I believe that BT is diffucult because you are exposed into many consecutive battles,that sooner or later your opponent will hold(by luck?)
the right pokemon in order to deal with you.

It's like the lots Lol Lol 7 Toungue 7 Toungue 7 Toungue !!! Blackjack!and your opponent makes short work of your pokemon.

However in my Ruby i managed to win the Gold Shield and i have to admit i was reaaaaaaaaaaally lucky in the matches beyond 90.
Battles tend to go up tougher until the 9th round... I haven't observed much of a difference from there, they just defeat you because of luck (the own team, or ch's).

I'm sure there's something tricky behind the Tower, that much bad luck for everyone is just not natural.
It's usually too much luck for the CPU usually...

I still haven't managed to get over that loss... And it's been several months!
Nintendo really hates us Sad
i have to disagree with you, 008xtreme. Why would nintendo make such games for us, besides the profit? they love to have people enjoy their games, like pokemon and the even more popular mario.
Well it's obvious that Nintendo makes these games for profits as Treecko3453.
And i like taking the life of the lil pokemon...life.eehh.sorry i meant i like to spare their life hehe.Phew....
Dear Sephiroth..
Could you please not revive dead threads (for god's sake, the last post was on 03-07-2006) and NOT for purely raise-my-post-count reasons? Your comment was of no value to the discussion...
Nintendo just wants to get on our nerves.Battle towers are like Orre Colloseum,which is impossible to be beat.I had been trying for over 4 months to beat it with a good team and i didn't succeed...Anyways,let's point out that everyone who tries to beat Battle Tower or Orre Colosseum,battles with the computer,huh....
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's