Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Battle Tower Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi! Well, I don´t know if anyone else is having troubles making a good team with only 3 pokemon - for beating the Battle Tower or for anything else Toungue
So, I created this thread to post teams composed of only 3 pokemon.

I´m not really good on 3 vs 3 battles, but this is my current team:

Lucario
Hasty@Pinap Berry
Steadfast
6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
- Nature Gift
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Pinap Berry gives Nature Gift a grass type and a strength of 70. Liechi Berry would be better, but I have none... I´ve chosen a grass typed Nature Gift for beating Swamperts, since I lost to one in a previous challenge.

Starmie
Timid@Expert Belt
Natural Cure
6 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Simply a sweeper. This Starmie can beat the first Palmer´s challenge by itself with Expert Belt - without a power-boosting item, its Ice Beam can´t OHKO Dragonite and 3HKOes Milotic, while 2HKOes Milotic with it.

Aerodactyl
Adamant@Focus Sash
Rock Head
6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
- Aerial Ace
- Thunderfang
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Unfortunately, this Aerodactyl has 16 IV of speed, but it was the best I could get. I transfered it from my old LG version. Thunderfang is for water pokemon.

I know my team needs to be improved, but I´m without nice ideas... Can somebody help me?
Quite nice team. I would use Extremespeed over Nature Gift and Life Orb over Pinap Berry on Lucario and Grass Knot over Psychic on Starmie so that you can cover that Swampert. Also, I've met a Bronzong with Calm Mind and Rest in the Battle Tower and I doubt this team can beat it. My team lost to it too... Here's my Battle Tower team:

Starmie @ Life Orb
Modest, 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed, 6 HP
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Psychic (I will change it to Grass Knot too as soon as I get a Grass Knot TM)

Metagross @ Liechi Berry
Adamant, 252 Atk, enough in Speed to get 203, rest split in HP and SpDef
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Thunderpunch

Blissey @ Leftovers
Impish, 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 SpDef
- Softboiled
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic
- Counter

Starmie for its excellent coverage. Metagross because it's one of the best sweepers and after one Agility, it becomes faster than everything in the Battle Tower apart from Speed Boost Yanmega. Blissey because sometimes stalling is the only way to win. Sometimes I use Gyarados over Blissey, because Blissey can't touch Pokémon like SD Lucario and CM Bronzong.
Well, I used to use (lol "used to use") Extremespeed on Lucario... but I needed a grass move. Sad Psychic surely OHKOes Gengar, anything else don´t do it...
Hey, which is stronger against Milotic, by the way? Thunderbolt or Grass Knot? Palmer´s Milotic is too troublesome >.<

Well, about NM2´s team... it´s quite nice too, but Blissey seems useless against some steel/poison pokemon, like Tentacruel, Bronzong and Lucario.
I started to prefer using only sweepers in my 3 vs 3 team, because if one of them dies, the other is still able to fastly kill the foes.
Lucario's Crunch can OHKO Gengar I guess and since most Pokémon in the Battle Tower have a +(Sp.)Atk nature, Lucario is likely to outrun Gengar. And even if it doesn't, Gengar can't OHKO Lucario with any of its moves I think. Maybe Focus Blast can, but I'm not sure.

Grass Knot is stronger against Milotic than Thunderbolt.

And about Blissey, that's why I use this Gyarados sometimes:

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant, 212 HP, 180 Def, 100 Speed, 18 Atk
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

That's a 3vs3 Gyarados. The 6vs6 one has Taunt over Ice Fang. Lucky me that Battle Tower Bronzongs don't have Charge Beam.
Ninjomewtwo Wrote:Lucario's Crunch can OHKO Gengar I guess and since most Pokémon in the Battle Tower have a +(Sp.)Atk nature, Lucario is likely to outrun Gengar.

Well, I don´t go to the "wi-fi battle tower" so often, I´m focusing more in beating the normal tower to get one more star in my trainer card xD
Hey, a curiosity: did you know that the normal battle tower´s pokemon seem to be untrained, like the wild ones? My Lucario always overruns Gengar and lots of faster pokemon Toungue
Hey, NM2, isn´t the Grass Knot TM obtained when we beat Gardenia, btw?
I use this team:
Gengar@Life orb
SHadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Energy Ball
Destiny Bond

Very good type coverage 350 speed plus Destiny Bond can kill things like the Bronzong that Ninjomewtwo mentioned

Metagross@ Sucha Berry
Agility
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Explosion

The last time I lost because of an Earthquake.I figured that I never actually took advantage of the Liechi Berry, so I changed it with the Sucha Berry.

Suicune@Leftovers
Calm Mind
Surf
Ice Beam
Rest

This Pokemon has saved me a lot of times.Due to its Bold Nature and Calm mind it can last for long while it can deal a lot of damage after two Calm Minds.

This Team NEVER let me down.The loss came when I replaced Gengar with Salamence in order to check how strong he was, but unfortunatelly he was not fast ebough...
I decided to make some changes on my team... I lost to Palmer on the second battle because his stupid Regigigas critical hit my Starmie! >.<

Dusknoir
Careful/Sassy@Leftovers
Pressure
252 HP, 6 Def, 252 SDef
- Shadow Punch
- Earthquake
- Pain Split
- Will-o´Wisp

It´s the only thing that I changed... I took out Aerodactyl and put Dusknoir. I think Dusknoir has potential to beat Palmer, don´t?

Lucario
Hasty@Pinap Berry
Steadfast
6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
- Nature Gift
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Starmie
Timid@Expert Belt
Natural Cure
6 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
Nice Team Aluado. Think it's good enough and surely able to beat all opponents in Battle tower.

I used the following ones:
Gengar
Timid@Expert Bell
6Hp,252SAttk,252Speed

-Energy Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Destiny Bond

Salamence
Modest@Choice Specs
6Hp,252SAttk,252Speed

-Hydro Pump
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Pulse
-Draco Meteor

Crobat
Timid@Shed Shell
129Hp,129Sdef,252Speed

-Confuse Ray
-Mean Look
-Aerial Ace
-Toxic

Gengar would definitely be in this team 'cause it's the only Ev trained pokemon I have that will also be in my team. The Salamence was Ev trained too but I decided not tto choose him for my metagame team because its Ivs sucked a little. About Crobat, I chose him because I thought I would help me confuse and trap some walls, like Blissey, and he did with Blissey and Chansey.

I'll take the challenge again when I train more pokemon and have a complete team like a physical sweeper, a special one and a wall. From what you see I only had 2 special sw. and an annoyer, so... I was in hurry to defeat my opponents because I wanted that 5-star trainer card Smile
@ Aluado:
I defeated the second Palmer twice with just my Metagross.
Cresselia will Shadow Ball you and it will not do THAT damage.Use Agility or Meteor Mash.With a few Meteor Mashes she is out.
Heatran is out with a single earthquake.
Regigigas is out with two-three Meteor Mashes or one Explosion (if it is the last Pokemon)

I am currently at 63 straight wins and I am planning to reach the 70 todaySmile
My battle team was always -well,not always-a:
Blaziken:
blaze kick
double kick
fire blast
overheat
Rapidash:
fire blast
fire spin
strenght
flamethrower
And:
Empoleon:
surf
waterfall
rock climb
water pulse

I dont know if its a good team,but...I always -always lol- win!!!
You´re very lucky, mirka, your team isn´t balanced very well Toungue

But if you´re winning, who cares? xD

@Blue:
Well, I really don´t like Metagross, Garchomp, Tyranitar, Salamence or any legendary, so I´m trying to win without them... It´s really hard sometimes, but it´s fun! Toungue
Can you play Double battles in Battle tower?I mean exclusively with your own pokemon.
Yes, you can. But not at the wi-fi corner.
now i present mine team XD

(and im sure u will laugh a lot XD )

magikarp - weedle - remoraid XD

(now get serious XD )

roserade
modest@life orb (ep is 50/50 at sp attck-speed)

grass knot
aromatherapy
synthesis
toxic spikes

latias
@modest odd insense (ep 50/50 defence-sp attck)

mist ball
psychic
recover
charm

machamp
guts -expert belt
adamant nature(ep all in attck)

foresight
fucus energy
cross chop
dynamic punch

KA BOOOOOOOOOM XD mine strategy is obvious : kill before get killed XD