Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: rate my team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i could use some suggestions for items and moves..

Arcanine- Intimidate
Howl
Fire Fang
Thunder Fang
Extreme Speed

Metagross- Clear Body
Agility
Grassknot
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Armaldo- Battle Armor
Rock Polish
X- Scizzor
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Ambipom- Technician
Double Hit
Aerial Ace
Shock Wave
Water Pulse

Mismagius- Levitate
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Will-o-Wisp

Breloom- Effect Spore
Spore
Seed Bomb
Sky Uppercut
Stone Edge
@Arcanine,
Remove Fire Fang and teach it Flare Blitz.

@Ambipom,
You killed the best Pokemon! Ambipom doesn't have good Special Attack, so it'll be better if it only knows non Special Attacks.

U-Turn
Fake Out/Agility/Swords Dance
Return
Baton Pass

@Mismagius
I don't really like Mismagius so I suggest to you use Dusknoir instead of Mismagius. But if you really like it, then...

Thunderbolt/Mean Look
Shadow Ball
Calm Mind
Perish Song

@Breloom
Nice one, but remove Sky Uppercut and teach it Focus Punch. The remove Seed Bomb and teach it Substitute.
Hey thanks! especially on Breloom and Ambipom

If you could help me on getting Flare Blitz on Arcanine because it learns Extreme Speed on 39 and Growlithe learns Flare Blitz in the 40's.

I am no expert breeder so help would be appreciated

Also if you could... Some item suggestion would be nice
Catch an Adamant Growlithe and train it to Lv.40. After than evolve it and use a heart scale to teach it Extreme Speed.
fr3quency Wrote:Catch an Adamant Growlithe and train it to Lv.40. After than evolve it and use a heart scale to teach it Extreme Speed.

Thankyou again.. do you have some ideas for items for my team?
Arcanine@Life Orb/Expert Belt.

Ambipom@Life Orb/Expert Belt.

Metagross@Life Orb/Lefotvers/Expert Belt.

Armaldo@Life Orb/Leftovers.

Mismagium@Leftovers.

Breloom@Toxic orb.
Can anyone help me with a good moveset for my Arcanine.. If there is any breeding involved can you tell me how to..
Thanks
I already told you?
fr3quency Wrote:@Arcanine,

Which means.....

Howl
Flare Blitz
Thunder Fang
Extreme Speed

But if you don't like Howl, you can remove it and teach it Fire fang instead.

Which means...

Fire Fang
Flare Blitz
Thunder Fang
Extreme Speed
im sorry i was just wondering what i'll need to breed an arcanine with to get it howl and thunder fang.
Breed a Growlithe/Arcanine with a Houndour/Houndoom(it must know Howl. It learns it @ 4Lv.) After that, when you hatch the egg, it will know Howl. If you use a Heart Scale, you will have access to the 'older' moves such as Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Bite etc. Now, if you want it to learn Extreme Speed, don't evolve it! Just keep training it to Lv.39. After than evolve it and use a Heart Scale in order to teach it Fire fang or Thunder Fang.
Okay! Thankyou so much it helps a lot!
fr3quency Wrote:I already told you?
fr3quency Wrote:@Arcanine,

Which means.....

Howl
Flare Blitz
Thunder Fang
Extreme Speed

But if you don't like Howl, you can remove it and teach it Fire fang instead.

Which means...

Fire Fang
Flare Blitz
Thunder Fang
Extreme Speed

This moveset is pretty good but I would prefer Iron Tail over Fire Fang since it has already a Fire-type move. Plus, with Iron Tail it can easily take out Tyranitar, Golem and other Rock-type Pokemon..
Nice team you have! I´ll just give you some tips, though:
- Try not using two sweeping moves of the same type (like Fire Fang and Flare Blitz on Arcanine), it limits your attacking capacities.
- Also, don´t use special and physical moves on the same pokemon, unless the special/physical move in question is very powerful (ex: you can use Fire Blast in a physical Salamence) or if you have someway to boost your Atk/SAtk (ex: Don´t use Shock Wave on Ambipom unless you can baton pass SAtk for it, or unless you have Nasty Plot).
- Always study your pokemon base stats to know which role it fits better on your team.

Based on what I said and on what Charizard and fr3quency said too, I´ll rewrite your team Wink

Arcanine
Adamant/Jolly@Focus Sash
Intimidate
6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
- Howl/Iron Tail
- Flare Blitz
- Thunder Fang
- Extreme Speed

If you don´t know yet, Adamant nature boosts your attack, while jolly boosts your speed. Choose whatever you like more Wink Send out Arcanine on a foe that fears it (like Forretress) and use the turn that the foe will be switching out to use Howl. Or to attack, if you don´t wanna use Howl. If the foe doesn´t switch, don´t worry... it also won´t kill you because of Focus Sash. Ah, that also means that you can use Howl once more after the foe switches out, because of Focus Sash.

Metagross
Adamant@Liechi Berry/Life Orb
Clear Body
? HP, 252 Atk, ? Spd
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge/Thunderpunch/Explosion

As I said before, it´s not a good idea to mix physical and special moves (with rare exceptions). So, replace Grass Knot with Metagross´ more powerful move, Meteor Mash.
The last move is your choice: Stone Edge is to catch stupid Charizards that resist Earthquake and Meteor Mash. But I think that Thunderpunch is better, since it also catches Charizards and lots of water pokemon that could counter your Metagross (*coughGyaradoscough*). Explosion is also a nice option, when your Metagross has no other way to finish the foe.
About the effort points distribution... You´ll must to use stats calculators (like this one: http://www.legendarypokemon.net/javacalc.html) to see how many EVs you´ll need to make your Metagross have at least 198 points of speed. With 198 points of speed, Metagross is able to outrun everything (not scarfed) with a single agility, except Electrode (which nobody uses), Deoxys spd (not used at all) and Ninjask (which is impossible to outrun, due to its trait)

Armaldo
Adamant@Focus Sash/Lum Berry/Life Orb
Battle Armor
? HP, 252 Atk, ? Spd
- Rock Polish
- X- Scizzor
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Same thing of Metagross. Calculate how many EVs it´ll take to make Armaldo have at least 198 points of speed and spend the rest on HP to make it a little sturdy.

Ambipom
Jolly@Life Orb
Technician
6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
- Double Hit
- Aerial Ace
- Fake Out
- U-Turn/Brick Break

It´s quite a nice (and annoying) strategy to use with Ambipom. Start with Fake Out, then use U-Turn. It´ll stop the foe for a little bit, hehe. If you want to try a special moveset for Ambipom, I would suggest this:

Ambipom
Timid@Life Orb/Focus Sash
Technician
6 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
- Nasty Plot
- Swift
- Shock Wave
- Water Pulse

Use Nasty Plot once and this pokemon´s special attack will be monstrous. Swift and Shock Wave never misses. Boosted by Life Orb and Technician then... quite strong. Ah, and I can´t forget the moveset suggested by fr3quency:

Ambipom
Jolly@Life Orb
Technician
6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
- U-Turn/Baton Pass
- Fake Out/Swords Dance
- Return
- Brick Break

I´ve just changed somethings. It´s pointless to have both U-Turn and Baton Pass on the same moveset (because when you use U-Turn, you lose the attack boost obtained by Swords Dance. If you use Baton Pass, the next pokemon will keep the attack changes). Agility isn´t necessary, in my opinion, ´cause Ambipom is already very fast.

Breloom
Adamant@Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
- Spore
- Seed Bomb/Stone Edge/Facade
- Focus Punch
- Substitute

Breloom´s Poison Heal trait is much better than Effect Spore, believe me. All you need to do with Breloom is to send it against a slower foe, or against a Tyranitar Toungue, then use Spore. The foe will obviously switch out (even if he doesn´t switches, the strategy still works Wink). Use this turn to use Substitute. Don´t worry about HP lost with Substitute, because it´ll be recovered with Poison Heal.
Now that you have a substitute setted up... Just focus punch. Basically this. Well, the last move for Breloom depends on your preference: Facade´s power is doubled when Breloom is poisoned (pretty strong!), but to have it means that your Breloom won´t have any way to attack ghosts. Stone Edge catches flying pokemon that resist Focus Punch and Seed Bomb is STABed.

I don´t know about Mismagius, but I´ll try to think something later^^
Ah, also, I think you´re having too many physical sweepers on your team. You should have at least one more tankish pokemon (your only one now is Metagross) and more special sweepers too.

slim pickings

arcanine is good, but replace fire fang with flame thrower
teach arcanine flamethrower instead of fire fang. dont waste its sp atk
finally 100 posts!!!!!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's