Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Interesting Strategies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I opened this thread for us to post the strategies we like to use in single battles.
Well I'd like to begin with a nice and a quite funny strategy.

F.E.A.R. Rattata

Rattata@Focus Sash

-Quick Attack
-Endeavor

Rattata should have a very low level (Lv.1 Best)
Also it's no need to Ev train or make Rattata have a specific nature

The concept of this is the following:
You begin with Rattata and you use endeavor. You opponent's pokemon will attack first and will leave Rattata with 1HP. Endeavor will decrease your foe's pokemon HP to 1, thanks to it's effect. Next turn, you use Quick attack and that's all !!

It really works, however it's not flawless. For example I think it's useless against Ghost-Type pokemon and it can be executed only once.
Well, here is an interesting Strategy:

Ursaring
- Swords Dance
- Last Resort
[-Night Slash] (optional)
Item: Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP

Seems foolish, as you are walled by Ghosts. However, a Last Resort after an SD 2KOs Skarmory and Bronzong. Given that they resist it, this is unheard of.
Here's another strategy. I'm not sure whether it's interesting but it's sure funny and surprising:

You need:
1)Ninjask
-Swords Dnce
-Protect
-Substitute
-Baton Pass

Nature: Doesn't really matter, since this ninjask won't attack. I go either for defence boosting natures so that it substitutes last longer or speed boosting.
EVs:252 HP(better subs) 252 SPEED

As I said you won't attack with this thing. Just protect-sub until you get max speed and use swords dance if you get the chance.
Now baton pass everything to......

2)SNORLAX Toungue
-Return
-Earthquake/Brick BREAK/Crunch (mainly for Gengar)
-Stockpile
-Rest
Nature:I suggest adamant or jolly, as snorlax is going to sweep Smile
Item:Chesto Berry
EVs:252 ATT 252 SP 6 HP

When everybody expects sth like a machamp, breloom or a pokemon with decent speed, snorlax appears.
Snorlax is bound to survive any hit during the switch in, as nobody would use a fighting move against ninjask and that's one main reason why I use it. Then attack with your surprising speedy snorlax.

Note that this strategy, as well as any baton passing strategy, is ruined by moves like haze, so be careful. I also know that there are much better things to baton pass ninjask's speed boosts, but I like snorlax and the way it surprises the opponent Toungue
Uh... I don´t really think it´s a good idea to invest on Snorlax´s Spd, because it´s horrible. Toungue Well, a little strategy I like:

Ludicolo
Modest@Damp Rock/Leftovers/Focus Sash/Lum Berry (lol so many options xD)
Swift Swim
252 SAtk, Spd until it has at least 196 and the rest in HP
- Rain Dance
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

With everyone expecting a wallish Ludicolo, this one is a surprise! I like to use this thing on battle. Toungue
@ ExplorerAce. Does this set work? Don't you have to use all SDs until Last Resort becomes useable?

As for my strategies, I rarely build a single Pokémon around a certain strategy. I prefer having a team strategy instead, it has always worked better for me. Anyway, an interesting one would be:

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/112 Def/146 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Psych Up
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave
- Swagger

I've been using this thing in Shoddy for some time. T-Wave on the switch, Swagger next. They've got a low chance of attacking between paralysis and confusion and the attack raise ain't bad as I can copy it with Psych Up plus, with Regirock's defense, I don't really care unless I raised the attack of a Tyranitar. Then, Rock Slide off a +2 attack stat, on a paralyzed opponent for flinching. I like this set, though it doesn't completely work... Most of the time I just spread paralysis but whatever, that's also good.
Ninjomewtwo Wrote:@ ExplorerAce. Does this set work? Don't you have to use all SDs until Last Resort becomes useable?

I have tried a similar set in-game and if you use all the other moves just once, Last Resort works.

Oh and Aluado, give Ludicolo 203 Speed. That is enough to outrun ScarfCross and those barely outrunning him.
Beedrill @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- U-turn

Firstly, you place the toxic spikes, and then gtfo of there. Then if you have the chance to switch to this beedrill (mostly at walls), you use knock off. You can also use it to sacrifice it, in order to change to another pokemon safely. Pretty stupid, but I use it with my bug teams and it's usefull.
(20-12-2008 06:44 PM)Aluado Wrote: [ -> ]Uh... I don´t really think it´s a good idea to invest on Snorlax´s Spd, because it´s horrible. Toungue Well, a little strategy I like:

Ludicolo
Modest@Damp Rock/Leftovers/Focus Sash/Lum Berry (lol so many options xD)
Swift Swim
252 SAtk, Spd until it has at least 196 and the rest in HP
- Rain Dance
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

With everyone expecting a wallish Ludicolo, this one is a surprise! I like to use this thing on battle. Toungue

Yeah, you may be right, but I was thinking of a physical sweeper. And after 6 speed boosts from ninjask, I guess that snorlax would be able to sweep and outrun many pokemon. Swords dance would also boost Snorlax's moves, not Ludicolo's. The bad thing is that this SpeedLax strategy works only combined with ninjask. It's speed as you said is horrible (only 30 Sad ), but this is what would surprise the opponent the most.
I think investing EVs in Snorlax's Speed is a good idea. If you put just 44 EVs, you can outrun Spiritomb, and with 84 EVs, you can outrun Rhyperior
Well,a strategy most of you know but I like using and is also on the battle tower guide is this:
Gengar @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Counter
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

As you can understand,it is simple.Counter a physical attack,get saved by the Focus Sash and KO your opponent.Then,if you are not sure you can OHKO another opponent,use Destiny Bond.
My friend taught me this one. If you do it youre bound to be hated though,

Smeargle
focus sash
(ev´s and nature doesnt matter)
spore
endeavor
trick room
quick attack

Its important that ist a low level, here it goes. Trick room first since you´ll survive the first attack and youll attack first next. Then spore because its 100% accuracy. Now whether or not they decide to switch now doesnt matter, because endeaver will still bring them down to 1 hp Then quick attack. I know its just an elongated version of Kalas´s strategy and shares the same flaw, but this way you would get a sleep effect out of it if they switched.
Actually, EVs and Nature do count. A Brave nature, just 252 Atk EVs, 0 HP and Spd IVs (or as low as possible) would be optimal for this set. The 252 Atk EVs and Brave nature allow for Quick Attack to get the most oomph, 0 Spd IVs and EVs allow for Smeargle to attack first after Trick Room, 0 HP EVs and IVs will allow you to lower the foe's HP as low as possible after an Endeavor in the event you are not OHKOed and saved by the Focus Sash. EVs in SDef or Def would prevent Smeargle from getting his HP to 1, which is important to Endeavor sets.

It is a pain in the butt to see one of the Endeavor sets though.
I dont remember exactly when,but if the pokemon has LEftovers,won't it survive a quick attack ?Endeavor brings it to 1 hp,but then it heals a little.
Even if it does,most Pokemon with Leftovers are defensive,and then you can KO them easily with the rest of your team.
(27-12-2008 12:19 PM)GeorgeSlayer Wrote: [ -> ]Even if it does,most Pokemon with Leftovers are defensive,and then you can KO them easily with the rest of your team.

but there are and pokemon who aren't walls and can use leftovers well.Wink
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's