Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: What kind of battler are you?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
i am going to make a stall team which will have some of the most annoying pokemon ever (breloom, jirachi, togekiss)!!! with those pokemon in my team, i will have lots of victories!
(03-09-2009 03:38 PM)Chaos714 Wrote: [ -> ]i am going to make a stall team which will have some of the most annoying pokemon ever

If anybody want to batle you with this teamToungue
Actually, most players nowadays turn to stall teams, however I wouldn't regard a team based on hax/luck like the one chaos mentioned as a stall team. Stall teams in my opininon contain pokemon like blissey, hippowdon, celebi that depend on indirect means of dealing damage(toxic, (toxic)spikes, stealth rock etc).
Such teams as I've already mentioned do not appeal to me; I prefer semi-offensive teams.
Good luck with your team Chaos, though I'd advise you to include some bulky things as well to support your pokemon, since hax alone isn't enough for winning Wink
One of my Ev teams have a Togekiss and a Breloom and it is a very good team.But now i use a stall team with Blissey,Skarmory,etc. but i am still looking for a good Heatran.
i can give you a modest heatran if u want (not free of course).

@grovyle_fan: i know that hax isn't the best way of winning, but when i had a battle with JimDim, he pwned me with a stall team, which had breloom and jirachi inside!
I never said that breloom or togekiss are bad pokemon, actually both of them are wonderful and brelloom is one of my favourites.

@Chaos714: Jirachi and brelloom are really annoying and can easily own whole teams. Especially, when playing without sleep clause, ScarfBrelloom is too broken(that's the main reason I didn't participate in the tournament you told me about - I was sure that somebody would abuse the lack of sleep clause - guess they really did). I just prefer playing on the safe side and don't depend on luck, since I happen to be really unlucky at times. Jirachi and togekiss, however, can be a great combo together. Too bad I never happened to have a jirachi T.T
I try to sweep the enemy as fast as possible. If I fail to do that, I give them a slow and painful death Toungue
My style used to be "smash 'em up" with just sp.sweepers. In other words, the amateur style.
Now, my style adapts to the situation. I use only 3 standar pokemons, and the 3 other are selected by different means. I usualy use speed sp.sweeping one turn and the next I use a solid tank/anoier. I also give a high attention to do as many super-effective hits as posible, by thinking of counter-moves! that's my new style-hope it will grow even stronger!
(03-09-2009 03:38 PM)Chaos714 Wrote: [ -> ]i am going to make a stall team which will have some of the most annoying pokemon ever (breloom, jirachi, togekiss)!!! with those pokemon in my team, i will have lots of victories!

well, I have Breloom AND Togekiss in my team and I hope this will helpWink I'll make and a good Blissey and I think I'm ok(I have Stallers, a wall and Sweepers)

Stallers:Breloom/Togekiss
Wall(Special):Blissey
Physical Sweeper(s):Feraligatr
Special Sweeper(s):Gengar/Azelf

I believe this is a Balanced team... although I'm thinking of changing Gengar with a Physical Wall like Dusknoir or Hippowdon... what do you say?
(06-09-2009 03:17 PM)Johan Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2009 03:38 PM)Chaos714 Wrote: [ -> ]i am going to make a stall team which will have some of the most annoying pokemon ever (breloom, jirachi, togekiss)!!! with those pokemon in my team, i will have lots of victories!

well, I have Breloom AND Togekiss in my team and I hope this will helpWink I'll make and a good Blissey and I think I'm ok(I have Stallers, a wall and Sweepers)

Stallers:Breloom/Togekiss
Wall(Special):Blissey
Physical Sweeper(s):Feraligatr
Special Sweeper(s):Gengar/Azelf

I believe this is a Balanced team... although I'm thinking of changing Gengar with a Physical Wall like Dusknoir or Hippowdon... what do you say?

let's see.....

you have too many special sweepers and walls, who are using special attacks (blissey, togekiss) and pokemon like an opponent blissey and other special walls can counter them easily. if i were u, i could do those changes:

azelf/ swampert (lead)
togekiss (special wall/ annoyer)
feraligatr/ electivire
breloom
dusknoir/ a bulky physical sweeper of your choice (if u have swampert as a lead pokemon)
jolteon/ alakazam
I will never change my Azelf(one of the best in greece with 29 Sp.attack and Speed IV's Timid) I have Feraligatr since it was baby and I can't change it, so I think istead of a second Sp.Sweeper I'll put a Machamp(Machop with 31 Attack IV's)
pure power is not a solution but as for my starting team i will go a pure sweeping one. i prefer hit n run tactics but you cant set up a proper hit n run tactic here. after that im more brain not brawl that will win the game. my next team after i see some success with my very first team will be a total disruption Big Grin
im an all pro battler my strategy is no stalling all out beat down with my pokemon, i dont rely on any support movesets or stallers or anything really defensive, my team is well rounded n always offensive and always finish my matches with my crazy ape(infernape), i currently have 247 wins and 57 losses not including the disconnects when i was supposed to win, as my record with the same ou team since diamond and pearl came out,i usually only lose because of either lucky crits when it matters or status effects such as paralyze,freeze or sleep that screw me over,i'll reveal my team to those who really want advice or help to be a good unique battler like me not just a cheap smogon copier
my team is
lucario as my lead
dusknoir as my bulky sweeper
gyrados as my stat boosting sweeper
empoleon as my special sweeper
hitmontop as my physical first turn sweeper
and my mvp infernape as my mixed sweeper
each one has a unique set that i created dont try to use smogon movesets with this team cuz it really wont help
Just like everybody,I used to be a noob.Well,now I think I'm not.

Anyways,as for my battle style,I'd say it's neither offensive nor dfensive.I usually have two to three walls/tanks in each my team.I also like taking advantage of weather effects or Trick Room.Additionally,you should know that I love surprises.Sometimes I use or think of really weird sets on some Pokemon.Finally,I don't care whether a Pokemon is OU or not,whether it can do well in the OU tier or not.I'm planning on breeding for an Abra.Alakazam is UU,so what?I like it,I'll add it to my team.
Once, I was a noob as well! Truth is, we all begin as amateurs and learn in a certain period of our Pokemon-life. I started to understand what EVs, IVs and the rest of the mechanics were the previous year. But now I know quite many things and I've been thinking of some nice Pokemon combinations. I'm still learning though.

I like both sweepers and walls but I tend to create more walls than sweepers. My sweepers are usually based on a move that raises stats and then I strike. My prefered walls are those who can survive many hits and then restore HP and the anooying ones. Also, I like boosting the offensive stats of the walls to turn them into sweepers as well.

The team I'm working on right now (in my mind) is based on walls. I hope it turns out to be a good one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's