Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: What kind of battler are you?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
ok..now..about me...well i am noob...i soon realized that what pokemon strategy means.my pokemon were blaziken with flame thrower,double kick..and no strategy.this forum really helps me.i gain knowledge and experience from everyone..thank you again.all
Well,as most of you,i was also a noob!But now,I have stopped using pokemon depending on their strength and I am trying to create a strategy and a perfect combination of my favorite pokemon in order to achieve victory Big Grin
Hmm...
Cautious. I'm not a noob to competitive battling, and play pokemon like chess. Prefer tanking strategies to let the opponent suffer the repercussion of moves like Close Combat. I tend to limit myself, as I have my own way of putting teams together. I use what I like, and spend more time tinkering with a stat calculator than actually battling.

Playing with the mind. Nothing says "didn't see that coming" quite like slaughtering a Tyrannitar with Sub-Punch Dusknoir (all its good for tbh, don't ever give Dusky Substitute).

Overconfidence is one of man's greatest enemies. But why be his victim when you can be his friend Wink

So yes, I'm experienced and very familiar with game mechanics. Not saying I'm all that great though, way to lazy too actually train things Toungue
^ You make me interested in battling you.

I started competitive Pokémon a few months ago, i was so noob at that time, but now i can call myself an experienced trainer. :3 I have a team themed on Rock Pokémon (not mostly rock, i have a Pokémon or two that aren't rock) and i won 24 battles and lost 18 with that team. Toungue

I'm proud with my trainer card, as i have won 52 and lost 43 battles. Toungue

When it comes to building teams, i try to get Pokémon that work great with each other, like, if i have a Scizor on my team, you usually see a Heatran/Houndoom/Arcanine with it to give me protection from Fire attacks with their ability Flash Fire. And if im running a Heatran i run a Pokémon with Levitate to protect me from Ground attacks etc..
I don't have anything legit at the moment, just some battle tower experiments. I'm working on some new stuff. Toungue
Not hacking, mind you. Well, pokesav is your opinion, not mine Wink

I started competitive... well, right at DP really. Never knew about EVs or anything before Diamond, and my first EV trained poke was a Tropius (turned out awful, but oh well). Now, I've honestly written guides on the stuff, on another site.

My record is awful. Router drops signal like a bad cell phone, and a dropped battle isn't counted. Usually run 4 tanks and two sweepers. Never use walls, just a waste in my opinion.

But if I get something together, I'll let you know. You seem active, and nice enough. Sorry for the off-topicness.
Quote:Never use walls, just a waste in my opinion.

Can't disagree more.

Walls can tank hits and respond back with a heavy one, if you know how to use them they're just deadly.

And tanks are pretty much walls btw.
I am a novice ,don't know a think . Tank ? Sweeper ? Sounds all Greek(the irony) to me. Anyway now i read an article ,or whatever is about Ev train, jeez pokemon are serious business
Don't worry about it shade, nobody knows everything Toungue

Description of a wall sounds like a tank to me lol. To me, a wall is something very defensive that stops the foe, and that's about it. Like Shuckle, or Blissey. Takes hits like a champ, but can't really hurt back. Use things like Seismic Toss and Toxic to beat things down. Blissey can wall a Magmortar, but likewise Blissey is not going to KO it next turn.

Wall could also be like Gyarados. It resists all of Scizor's attacks, and can hit back hard. I think that's what you mean, yes? Either way, I'm not trying to argue.

Tank would be more like Metagross and Swampert. Takes a hit or two, rips the opponent in half. Rarely outspeeds the opponent. Just my view though Wink
i am still at noob status comparedto alot of ppl in other word i suck in pvp
Hey, me too! Kinda, I use EV trained tanks aplenty, Blisssy, Togekiss, ect.
(10-08-2010 08:41 AM)ProjectTitan313 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't worry about it shade, nobody knows everything Toungue

Description of a wall sounds like a tank to me lol. To me, a wall is something very defensive that stops the foe, and that's about it. Like Shuckle, or Blissey. Takes hits like a champ, but can't really hurt back. Use things like Seismic Toss and Toxic to beat things down. Blissey can wall a Magmortar, but likewise Blissey is not going to KO it next turn.

Wall could also be like Gyarados. It resists all of Scizor's attacks, and can hit back hard. I think that's what you mean, yes? Either way, I'm not trying to argue.

Tank would be more like Metagross and Swampert. Takes a hit or two, rips the opponent in half. Rarely outspeeds the opponent. Just my view though Wink

No, if Gyarados can come on on Scizor and resist all of it's moves, that's called a counter.

And Metagross and Swampert are kinda tanks.

Also, Blissey literally sucks, ANY physical attack and she's dead.
Yet, she can be a good switch-in special wall. Also she can use foe's switching turn to use a support move (aka Aromatherapy, Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave, even Softboiled).

I tend to become a annoyer battler Toungue. I like the idea of driving others nuts XD. I hope I can actually do it with my Pokes...
Just saying, my Blissey knows counter and is holding a focus band thingy. sach thing
lol, Blissey can survive any kind of attack except if it's a heavy fighting attack, so i REALLY suggest replacing Focus Sash with Leftovers.
... I just checked and it just happened to have a leftovers! It boasts a proud defence of 54 hehehehehehehe Yeah, I personally think it should have a focus thingy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's