Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Paul... Opinions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I was watching some episodes on youtube as I cannot seem to bring my schedule together to watch them on Disney Channel (yes you heard me!) and I thought I'd ask you...

What do you think of Paul?

Personally, I believe he is a good strategist and all, using the right moves and training his Pokemon to their extremes, as we all usually do in the games. His battle skills are way more superior than Ash's but there's clearly no "real" bond to his Pokemon. If given the chance, I'm sure he'd use Ubers to be victorious. He reminds me of the majority of the metagaming pokemmunity out there tbh.

But damnit, let's face it; the guy's a total @$$! He's mistreating his Pokemon and I'm sure he'd even order Arceus to lick his feet if he had the opportunity.

So whom do you prefer? Ash who, despite his non-strategical baatles, manages to pull it together with sheer luck and the power of friendship or Paul, who wouldn't hesitate obliterating anyone -even his own Pokemon- in order to achieve his goal?
Well,this if I were to compare Paul to someone else,it could be a tough choice,but since I think Ash is a total noob just like Paul thinks,I have to choose Paul,but I will also justify this.

First of all,he is a strong trainer.He only used strong Pokemon,but he also knows how to use them.He is also very experienced,judging by the fact he's travelled through Kanto,Johto and Hoenn before returning to Sinnoh.

Last time he battled Ash in a full battle (6vs6) he showed his good battling abilities again,winning 4-0.His choice of moves for his Pokemon is also very clever,such as having his powerhouse (Torterra) use Stone Edge against Ash's Staraptor.

Furthermore,something else I like about Paul is he's not as overpowered as Ash.For example,against Cynthia,despite battling to his full potential,he could not even damage Garchomp,despite using 4 Pokemon,including Torterra and its most powerful attacks against it.

On the other hand,his training methods are harsh,and he does not really have any bond with his Pokemon (possibly excluding Torterra?),but he's a good trainer if we judge him just by his skill.

If it's tl;dr, Paul>Ash.
I hear you and I agree... Tbh I prefer Kenta from Raikou legend of thunder, than any of the two. He has balanced skill and friendship. Wink

Yes Paul > Ash anyday, true, but did you see how Brandon obliterated him? Toungue
i would like so say that ash use strategy to win, not as paul but he uses !!!

paul is a bad boy Toungue

ash is a noob boy Toungue

i am in a dilemma !!!

so i vote for ash !!!

i always likesd ash since i was a little kid so thats what i voted !!!
i dont like ash 'cause he is a noob and he has a hacked pikachu
On the other hand Paul is a bad guy and a rival of Ash

In other words paul owns

VOTE FOR PAUL
Well, when it comes to strategy and battling experience Paul clearly wins. He uses strong pokemon with appropriate movesets and trains them hard-pretty much what all of us do in-game...

Ash on the other hand is the infinite loser, getting weaker and weaker every season, but that actually needs to be done in order for the anime to progress(his defeating Brandon and losing to several weaker trainers afterwards proves this). His pikachu seems to "reset" at the end of each season and his pokemon remain basic so as to show that power isn't all that matters.

I guess that most people would act like Ash if pokemon were real, taking care of them and developing strong bonds. However, as a trainer I still prefer the mighty Paul Toungue
Still... Lance owns them both!
And gah, how the heck did Ash beat Brandon? :S Sure he didn't use all regis, but still...
And yes pika's hacked. It can thunderbolt ground types (-.-)
i cant understand why ash wins some trainers like brandon and cant win other trainers that are so much weeker than the others.....i believe that it would be better if ash could win more easily every trainer with all his experience (lets all admit that ash has lot of expirience in battles) !!!!

all that happens, is really abnormal dont you agree ??
Well I haven't seen all episodes so far, but I doubt he loses to that many anymore. He beats the gym leaders fair and square and he has even be asked to become a Frontier Brain (seriously -.-). So I dunno... I think that Paul possesses a few TMs while Ash is like "TM? WTF is that? Like Iron tail or sumthin?"

I just wish he could "grow" up a bit and become one of those "cool" manga heroes.
Come to think of it, Pikachu's EV training must be really sucky, considering he always gets EVs from rockets. Toungue
i am starting to believe that nortec guys or i dont know who else makes the anime dont know were 4 goes to Toungue (pou tous pane ta 4 Toungue)
Hahahaha! Smile
Well I found this user on Youtube and he has uploaded vids from Ash's battles in Hoenn, Sinnoh and BF. It's in high quality and at least you get to see how he has grown, cos let's face it, Star Channel will never air them.

The anime? Well I am not sure which branch of Nintendo does crete the anime, if that's what u mean, but it has nothing to do with Nortec Toungue Nortec is greek
ow nortec is greek ??!! i have to admit that i didn't knew that Toungue Blush
Nortec is the greek representative of Nintendo in Greece, or used to be or something. However Nortec has nothing to do with the anime. It's all about the channels that purchase the rights to air it, like Star and Disney Channel.

Now I am not sure what company creates the anime. I am sure Game Freak is the producer but I srsly don't know who creates the plot or whatever. Wink

And we all make mistakes. No need to blush Big Grin
thanks Erales Big Grin
i saw a battle where Paul used his Ursaring and i suppose that he could kick my b**t if i could face him
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's