Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Action Replay Glitch?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I use to use Action Replay but recently I stopped. Then one day I let my friend use it for one of his games and his game stops working and it shows a black screen that says that his game is "Wiped". Then we put it back in without the AR cartridge and it works fine! Does this mean that the game is protected?
I don't really think that games are programmed to repel hacking devices. The games aren't meant to be hacked, so the producers/programmers don't take into account the existence of such machines. I'm sure of one thing though: DO NOT buy hacking devices, they ruin the experience.
So then what would be the problem?

You're kinda making it unclear. :/
Dunno, maybe the AR itself.
Actually games, especially Pokemon games are indeed programmed in such a way to counter the use of cheating devices; it wouldn't be smart at all to ignore their existence. That however does not alone mean that they can't be hacked, all locks have keys.

This doesn't look the case though, either a dirty connector or a broken AR.
As herooftime said, just don't use them at all.
Who uses AR?It doesn't let you play.
Anyway,try to turn off all cheats and see if it works.If it works,one or more cheats must be wrong or problematic.Also,when you use cheating devices,the game doesn't work normally and sometimes many problems show up such as a black screen or the game stops or it can even mess up your game.
You are incredibly wrong my friend. Action replay's dont just ruin games by themselves. You have to do something stupid like, save in the mystery zone, or use a code that isnt designed to work for that particular game. When you use cheating devices, your game doesnt just, 'not work normally' or make a black screen pop up. It's simply when the user does something not intended by the cheating device. Action replay certainly doesnt ruin gameplay, if you are using it to speed up certain processes, like training, ev training, iv breeding, ect. However, using Action replay to use things like 999999 money, all badges, all rare candies, I agree that does take the fun out of the game.
Yes,In the past I used to hear many people say about crushed games and such things and thought it was crap.Then,1 year ago,one classmate of mine told me that his AR deleted his pokemon diamond save file together with some AR game codes.So,people should avoid using it.Wrong codes can be a problem too.Oh,and another thing.You CAN'T save in the mystery zone.
A friend of mine had his Pearl stop working because of AR,and I know he did not use any "silly" codes.The AR manipulates game data,there is always some danger.
If u use action replay what's the reason u play games to just be the master by cheating?For myshelf there is no reason to play games if u use a cheating device it ruins all the fun of the game.
You are wrong about not being able to save in the mystery zone.
I know plenty of people who have done that, and ruined their save files.
Using self created codes through pokesav and other programs is what ruins your game.
Simply using regular codes for the right purpose will not ruin your game.
hold up! i have an AR and use it on my SoulSilver. i used the cheat easy capture and capture other trainers pokemon, along with a few others, and worked fine. try getting the latest models and dont use too many cheats at once and you should be perfectly fine
I have an AR and used it on HeartGold. Dont do anything stupid I save often while using it.
I'm having trouble adding cheats to my AR. Anyone have tips?
If you don't like the game's rules, don't play it. I find the use of Action Replay silly.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's