Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Salamence is Uber
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What are you going to change is your team now we know that Salamence is Uber.
On Smogon they say and do whatever they want.Salamence is not an uber.And the reason they made him an uber is because together with Rayquaza(legendary and uber which means not used in competitive battling) they can form an almost unbeatable team and blah blah blah...this is crap!Salamence is a dragon type pokemon and has to be strong like every dragon.It's not a secret that dragons are strong.Personally,i don't use Salamence in battles but I think it's unfair for those they do.
What Skorp said is true.

And plus Salamence is probably outclassed by most, no, all of the ubers.

What have Smogon been smoking ?

Its just a powerful OU, just like Scizor.
Well if you think salamence it's unfair you can use a dragon type too like dragonite and pwn salamence with dragon type move.
^ Bad idea is bad.

Salamence just naturally outspeeds Dragonite.
Ok so dragonite is bad idea well you can choose a dragon that it is faster than salamence like rayaquaza or garchomp Toungue i think salamence is not so uber if your pokemon know outrage you will pwn him for sure like in the emerald with elite four drake
WTF??!! why salamence in ubers!!??? one ice punch/stone edge/ice beam is enough to OHKO it... -.-
Salamence ain't an Uber. It's just a great OU Pokemon.
Haha well guess what ? Tyranitar can EASILY take down Salamence.

I mean, Tyranitar is bulky enough to tank a Heat Wave or a Dragon Claw. (if Salamence isn't DD'd) And can threaten it back with a Stone Edge.

This happened to me many times, as i'm running a Sandstorm team for a while now, i've ran through many wall breakers, and Salamence wasn't hard to counter.

This Tyranitar can just put down a Salamence easily: (A set from Smogon that's perfect IMO)
Tyranitar @ Life Orb / Babiri Berry
252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly
~ Dragon Dance
~ Stone Edge
~ Earthquake
~ Crunch

After Dragon Dance it can outspeed Salamence and just rape it with a STABed Stone Edge, but if its misses it's ruined though.

Kingdra can also take down Salamence, as it has access to both Ice and Dragon moves, such as Ice Beam, Blizzard, HP Ice, Outrage, Draco Meteor.. etc.

Salamence just has too many counters in OU to be Uber, and it's not strong enough to be an Uber either.
I think salamence is a very good pokemon but not so good to be called uber.Uber pokemon to be called is good enough blissey it got the most HP from any other pokemon and it can heal itshelf with softboil
Taunt can just ruin Blissey. Toungue

Seriously though, if Tyranitar becomes an uber, im quitting Pokemon for good. >_> It's just ridiculous.
We will never find the best pokemon.All pokemons have their weakness in specific typesd. Toungue
But for me uber is lugia i don't care for it weakness it got it is just UBER Big Grin
Dialga, give him Chople Berry and Magnet Rise and there you go, no weakness. Toungue
For a pokemon with no weaknesses give Palkia a Haban Berry or an electric type with Shuca or Heatproof Bronzog with Haban BerryToungue well, In my opinion Mance cannot be Uber, 'cause almost every Uber can OHKO him, before or after Mence attacks(Rayquaza can be outspeeded and OHKO'd by Mence) and aside from that, There are many pokemon's that can OHKO Mance in OU after one DDance, like Starmie, Weavile, Mamoswine etc so Mence is clearly an OU and not Uber
Actually in order to take down Salamence you'll have to sacrifice sth most of the time. Neither Starmie nor Weavile/Mamoswine can switch in, take a hit and KO it, (not to mention that the latter aren't even common-hello scizor :) ) Plus you'll have to guess its set most of the time... It has been the top OU pokemon for a long time and for good reason.

About it being Uber, I'm not sure-we shall see. And people don't panic; it's not like you are obliged to follow the Smogon tiers(unless you're playing on their server ofc)
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's