Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: math geeks of LP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i wanna starrt a club of people who lik math and want to sha formulae Toungue i have become a fan of math lately. I also wanted to know if there are foreign forms of math. The most complex math i know now is like this: (x+1)(x+2) this simplified it furthest is x^2+3x+2
Go math geeks, I love maths and I believe many other people here do too. At school we learn functions now (συναρτήσεις) but I enjoy searching for more so recently I've been studying by myself the complex numbers (a + bi, i^2= -1)
(09-04-2011 12:44 PM)Bills Wrote: [ -> ](a + bi, i^2= -1)

Didn't get a thing. Toungue
(09-04-2011 04:17 PM)Spyros Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2011 12:44 PM)Bills Wrote: [ -> ](a + bi, i^2= -1)

Didn't get a thing. Toungue

If you'll take the difficult Maths in 3rd grade of High School then you'll get them. You'll get bored of them actually Toungue (a quick reference, i is an imaginary number that when raised to the 2nd power (squared), gives us -1... interesting heh? xD)
If i is square root of -1 then what are a and b?
a and b are the prime denominal factors of c
a and b are real numbers.
4+5i is an example of a complex number (a+bi, where a,b are real numbers). 4 is the real part, 5i is the imaginary part.

(correct me if I'm wrong, haven't studied this stuff yet)
Correct GS Wink Though I don't see it necessary for you to know that stuff right now, you'll get sick of them more or less in one grade...well I can't talk for myself, I wanted to study derivatives back in 1st grade because I found them "exciting"...God xD
I never found any math exciting...because it isn't
Idea time! Why don't we relate math to pokemon? I need a math problem done anyways.
If my Giratina had 12 hp at level 1, and has 305 hp now at level 65, then how much hp will it have at level 100? For this problem, assume that I am training it on audinos and that otherwise it grows hp at a constant rate.
I'm in!! Maths and physics g( r)eeks unite! xD
thank you...now help me
"(x+1)(x+2) this simplified it furthest is x^2+3x+2" Just finished that lesson in class Algebra? Toungue

Math is universal!

I was thinking of the quadratic formula but that's too hard to type for me Toungue

Ima tech geek too Big Grin
A piece of "trivial" knowledge.

Let's say we have two real numbers, for example 2 and 5. The quadric equation with these two numbers as its solutions is:
x^2-S+P=0, where S=2+5 and P=2*5, so we have x^2-7x+10=0

Also in every quadric equation, (ax^2+bx+c=0) , -(b/a) equals x1+x2, and (c/a) equals x1*x2. (x1,x2 being the equation's roots)

I doubt anyone not knowing this stuff has understood anything but whatever, Vieta's fault. Toungue
argggh im no good at putting it into an equation yet. I tried using averages but that may be erroneous since i foun it would have 500 some hp >.>
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's