Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Saved game: erased
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It appears that this is becoming a common phenomenon; the deletition of your Saved Game in Gold/Silver/Crystal because of the internal battery failure.
It happened to me yesterday when I checked my Silver game. A full Pokedex lost, 10 great lvl100 Pokemon, including an official Mew (thank God I had a clone in my Red), various rare decoration Items and about 15 full days of my life spent on the game gone Wink

So long and thanks for the fish!
Yeah... That's what happened in my brother's Silver, as well. In the begining I thought it was because of the trick we used to clone Pokemon and rare items. But then... my Gold's saved game hasn't been erased, yet. And now I find out that it happened because of the internal battery failure. Heh.. great reason to lose a full Pokedex, some lv100 Pokemon (including Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Suicune, Entei and Celebi) and a lot of rare items such as Rare Candy and Leftovers.
still hasnt happened to me. ive spent way too much time -20 hrs- on it and would be devastated if it were to erase. too many lv 100s. about 5 boxes full and 6 in my party. just hope it dont happen any time soon.....
treecko3453 Wrote:still hasnt happened to me. ive spent way too much time -20 hrs- on it and would be devastated if it were to erase. too many lv 100s. about 5 boxes full and 6 in my party. just hope it dont happen any time soon.....
I doubt 20hrs can be considered "way too much time". In any case, yes it IS sad to see one's game erased at some point.
oops. my mistake. i ment 20 days. i spent like 500 hrs on it.
It happened three months ago to my Gold when a friend of mine opened the GB-
I thought HE did it...
It's ironic because this year I started to play the game again to train my pokemon and make them  stronger but..
And I cannot begin another gamefile.:(It can't be saved..
I used to play for some minutes my old Pokemon games every so often in order to prevent this but I haven't done this since Christmas, so I fear the worst...
The deletion of the file has nothing to do with how often you play..
I think it happens randomly..A hole year passed before I started to play again and since then I was playing every weekend..
And then, one day........
Guys, I don't believe Nintendo has included in the code of the game a random() function. And I don't think that your saved game would be deleted by no reason. At least Nintendo wouldn't do something like this(without announcing it,like in the case of the Bad Egg). Except if there is something going wrong with the golden plates of the cartridge. Why don't you (who have been unlucky) see if you can still create a new game and save it?
Probably, this is a malfunction of the cartridge of this version. I could never believe that this was a general problem-I thought that something was wrong with my Gold. As for Nintendo, do you remember the mew glitch in R/B? There wasn't any announcement about that, but still mew existed the game anyway... (catching mew)
But there was no reason for making an announcement. Compared to Mew Glitch, erasing a saved game without anyone messing up with it is much more important. For something like this they SHOULD make an announcement IF it was something in the code of the game that triggered the deletion.
The whole thing happens because the game itself erases the saved game when the internal power goes dry. It tries to change the internal time but badly fails and as a result the saved game is deleted.
Does it happens to the newer cartridges (the advanced generation ones) too???
No, only G/S/C are affected.
Last time I checked my Silver (around last Easter) the Clock failed working and the time reset. But the save game was still there. I hadn't played for almost a year maybe more... Does this happen when you don't play for a while or the time goes by and the battery gets weaker? Does it charge when you turn the game on?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's