Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Autumn Friendly Tournament 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.legendarypokemon.net/2011/10/...tournament

Pokemon.com Wrote:Looking for a way to tune up your battling skills? Try a Wi-Fi Battle Competition! The 2011 Autumn Friendly Tournament is an easy way to play against other Trainers around the world. This competition is part of the Global Battle Union, one of the awesome features of the Pokémon Global Link. The tournament is completely free, so don’t miss your chance to show off your Trainer talent!

During the tournament, you’ll play against other Trainers online, using your Nintendo DS system and your Pokémon Black Version or Pokémon White Version game. The better you do, the higher you’ll rank. Then, at the end of the tournament, all the results will be posted to the leaderboards on the Global Battle Union website!

Here are some things you should know when preparing for the 2011 Autumn Friendly Tournament: All battles are Double Battles, meaning two Pokémon from each Trainer’s party will be battling at the same time. You need at least four Pokémon in your Battle Box before each battle, and you can have up to six. All of the Pokémon must be from the Unova Pokédex. Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem cannot be used. When you battle, any Pokémon at Level 51 or higher will automatically become Level 50 for the duration of the battle. Pokémon at Level 49 or lower will not change level.

Registration for the 2011 Autumn Friendly Tournament will be October 12th to 19th via the Global Battle Union. Battles begin October 20th and run through the 24th. Be sure to register early—only the first 10,000 people will be given a place in tournament! To register, you need a Pokémon Trainer Club account and the ability to log in to the Pokémon Global Link. To battle, you need to have access to a wireless Internet connection.

Good luck and have fun in the Global Battle Union 2011 Autumn Friendly Tournament!

I don't believe we need any more explanations or anything. So, who's planning to participate? The tournament runs in a tough period for me with exams and all and I may not have the time to make a decent team but I'll definitely try to get one of the 10000 spots and play at least a game or two with any team. I know I'll probably won't even come near winning anything but I always wanted an official online tournament so I might as well play in the first one ever.

So what are you going to do forum?
Well, I have some free time to devote in Pokémon but still I want to study a bit for school (maths Dodgy). I don't know if I'll manage to build a proper team, incase I don't I will try my luck with the one I used in the subway, simple combos and hope it will be effective. It will be interesting at least.
Everyone with enough free time should take part, I think it will be a nice experience for everyone. I personally doubt I'll take part, I suck in gen V more than I used to, and it being doubles makes it worse. Although I may still decide to do otherwise. Any ideas for a team? (other than copying other people's VGC teams Toungue )
I maybe participate.I have some free time and i have pokes but i suck in VGC xD so any ideas for team will be appreciated Smile
I may participate if i have enough spare time to make a team and battle.However,as it seems there is nobody here(including me) who knows to play VGC 11 well enough xD

Here is an introduction guide i found while searching Smogon : Introduction to the VGC Metagame
Well I'd love to take part in an international wi-fi tournament, but unfortunately I don't have any free time for it really. A nice strategy could be using Terrakion with Earthquake and Rock slide, and having a partner who knows Beat-Up use it on Terrakion. That grants him a +6 Atk thanks to his abillity.
^ I guess that's a tactic a lot of people consider using (as a matter of fact I'm thinking it right now) but because you can choose only 4 Pokémon out of the 6 you have in your Battle Box when you battle the boost will be mostly at +4. A good user is Whimsicott and you'll see him be paired with Terrakion most of the time. Trick Room teams are also very good for the VGC'11 metagame.
I'll try my best to take part.I always try to take part in any tournament no matter what it is.....I was thinking of using a trick room team.Reuniclus and Escavalier for lead with the first set you see when you go to their smogon pages and some other pkmn i have........(i haven't quite decided yet) Now i think it would be a good idea if we LP members helped one an other since there will be millions of people taking part.....you can't be selfish here Confused What do you suggest?
(07-10-2011 09:22 PM)Vezok78 Wrote: [ -> ]That grants him a +6 Atk thanks to his abillity.

We were talking about that with Phoenix. But NO, it just adds +1 attack, even if it hits 4 times, written in Bulba and tested.

As for the tactics. I think more aggressive ones suit better. Since no Pokémon can wall 2 enemy sweepers, teams should focus in offense and good support. I think whimsicott and that roaming legendary will be used a lot thanks to their ability (prankster). Weather and trick rooms should be nice. Also, Mienshao is usefull thanks to fake out + u-turn + its ability to rpevent flinch from enemy fake outs. Attacks like earthquake, discharge, heat wave, rock slide, water sprout seem good to wipe half of the enemy team easily. Explosion leaders can also deliever pain but on the other hand there is chandelure which is immune to fire/normal/fighting and jellicent to water/normal/fighting. Finally, it would be interesting some creative use of Zoroark and its illusions.
I have to admit that this one has gotten my interest. I think I'll join, even though I don't have much free time and decnt Pokes at my disposal.

Oh, and how do we sign up? I've never heard of this Global Battle Union ever before and I don't know what it is...
(08-10-2011 01:14 AM)Divided by Zer0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2011 09:22 PM)Vezok78 Wrote: [ -> ]That grants him a +6 Atk thanks to his abillity.

We were talking about that with Phoenix. But NO, it just adds +1 attack, even if it hits 4 times, written in Bulba and tested.

From Bulbapedia: Justified will raise Attack one level for each hit of a multi-hit move like Beat Up.

It wouldn't be such a famous combo if it just gave a +1 boost.
(08-10-2011 02:42 AM)Ninjomewtwo Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2011 01:14 AM)Divided by Zer0 Wrote: [ -> ]

From Bulbapedia: Justified will raise Attack one level for each hit of a multi-hit move like Beat Up.

It wouldn't be such a famous combo if it just gave a +1 boost.

Yeah, my mistake, I misunderstood what it was written and when I ckecked in my game I thought that every time the attack hit and the ability worked it was only to display the fact that terrakion damaged by the move. Next time I should be more careful.
@Spyros begin from pokemon.com, sign up there (make a Trainer Club Account) and then sign up on Global Link (http://en.pokemon-gl.com/). That way you can synchronize your Black or White game with your account to gain access to the Dream World too.
Ok So from decent unova pkmn i have:

ferrothorn
Volcarona
Jellicent
Scrafty
Hydreigon
Thunderus
Mienshao
Zoroark
And Giorgoss will give me Reuniclus and maybe Escavalier and cofagrigus.

What do you think would be good to use?
First of all, singles are way different from doubles, what's good in one type of battle isn't necessarily good in the other and vice versa. For example, I'd never use Ferrothorn in doubles, especially when Chandelure and Volcarona can spam Heat Wave. Also, don't rule out some Pokémon because they aren't OU. Musharna can set Trick Room and use Helping Hand while avoiding damage from your Earthquake, Surf and Explosion with the Telepathy ability. Liepard is the fastest Fake Out user. Krookodile, who is outclassed by Excadrill and Landorus in singles, is excellent in doubles because of Intimidate and STAB Crunch to hit all those Trick Roomers. Golurk has immunities to Fighting and Electric and a resistance to Rock which is great to have for doubles. My point is you don't have to limit yourself to the 10 Pokémon that are good in singles, try to think of a team strategy even if it involves some of the "weaker" Pokémon.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's