Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Cosplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
So, I am starting this thread mostly thanks to a tradition we have here in Greece about this time of the year, when we dress up and we go out, meet with friends, have fun etc. But most important dress up. I really liked as a kid since it was a nice opportuinity to be any character you wanted to without others making fun of you. Something like Halloween, someone could say.

Anyway, this year I decided to put some more effort to my costume and the results were pretty good. Even thoug I remembered it a bit late and I managed to get all the stuff i needed just in time. And since it's the first time I made my own costume, the truth is that I personally loved it and I really want to do something similar again.

So, What's your opinion about cosplay and/or everything relevant? Have you ever tried anything similar, alone or with friends? How did your family/friends/classmates or whoever else knew about this reacted?

tl;dr Discuss cosplay/dress up stuff.

P.S. Myself in my very own costume Smile First one who guesses right about who Ι am supposed to be wins a big amount of Db0's friendliness. The ones that I have already told of course shouldn't participate and they better not spoil it. Sorry for the low res, the pic is from a friend's mobile phone.

HEEERP DEEERRRRRRPPPP I THINK ITS A TERRORIST LAWL OR AR YAW HITMAN??? IDK LAWL

Anyway...........Toungue I've never really dressed up in my life. i never participated in things like this. I hate crowds and loud noises etc.......Confused (im not a very social person tbh) Anyway it's probably kinda cool imo if it's good enough. Imo that costume is great Db0 , but i've told you before anyway Toungue

Also , i can dress up as Sliver , all i need to do is smoothen my hair and color it red. Nearly all my clothes are pretty much the same as the ones he's usually seen wearing Toungue
^
Well you could dress up as Silver but the best part is having friends that will appreciate it. My two best buddies, who instantly realised who I was dressed up, also liked the costume. Now, the rest of the people in my town didin't quite get it but nevermind, I had my fun Smile
(20-02-2012 09:35 PM)Divided by Zer0 Wrote: [ -> ]^
Well you could dress up as Silver but the best part is having friends that will appreciate it. My two best buddies, who instantly realised who I was dressed up, also liked the costume. Now, the rest of the people in my town didin't quite get it but nevermind, I had my fun Smile

Lol nah , i never will i don't think Toungue I'm not really the type to do that or anything.
Hint please Toungue And what do you have in you left hand?

I have stopped to dress up during the carnival for a long time now. And I have noticed that almost none of my friends and my classmates are going to dress up. But in other cities like Thessaloniki, Larisa, Larnaka and Karditsa, teenagers that are 14+ almost always dress up at this season. I think that living in a big city doesn't help those kind of events very much. Nevertheless, like KN412 I don't like to dress up.
Odd. In america, cosplaying doesn't exist outside of anime conventions.
Well, what do you do in Halloween? Toungue Apokries or Carnival as you may know it is something like Halloween, but it doesn't have to do anything with the death and you don't "trick or treat". It's actually the first stage of Easter.
Halloween is only for little kids in our country. If your older than 12 people will call the cops because they are SO DAMN SENSITIVE.
Well, this is similar but there aren't any age "restrictions".
Well, you have a nice country. People don't celebrate Carnival here sadly.
(20-02-2012 10:44 PM)pekinoua Wrote: [ -> ]Hint please Toungue And what do you have in you left hand?

It's a pocketknife. And ok, since I know people here don't have the same gaming interest as mine, I'll just say that this guy is a class from a game that has to do with hats. That's more than enough, considering my last posts in the spam thread.

As for all this stuff that this is something kids usually do, I tottally disagree. It's like playing Pokémon. There aren't any age restrictions since people enjoy it and aren't ridiculous. Anyway, we just want to have some fun in the end. Is it that bad? In my town many teens around my age did dress up (ok, i was probably one of the few older ones) but i really don't see the reason why it should be something only little children should do. And I honestly consider people who are like "lol, look at him, he dressed up like a little kid, he's like a clown" really narrow-minded and in lack of imagination. I think it's a very creative way to have a good time with your buddies and show off a bit. Finally, I wasn't refering to these anime cosplays, since they are, I dunno, a bit weird let's say.
peke you are right about people in karditsa at least cause i come from there and almost every teenager and some older people dress every year.My friends and I used to dress every year but since we got seperated to study in the university we didnt do it last year.The last time i had dressed up i was a nun and no one found it weird,actually they thought it was funny.
PS I love carnival and dressing up
(20-02-2012 11:31 PM)tzanakos Wrote: [ -> ]The last time i had dressed up i was a nun

wat. o.0
yeah you read right i wore a pair of tights too if you wanna knowCool
(21-02-2012 12:20 AM)tzanakos Wrote: [ -> ]yeah you read right i wore a pair of tights too if you wanna knowCool

You wearing tights.... Thank Arceus I didin't have to witness this...

But anyway, celebrating Carnival is pretty common in Greece even if it isn't as popular as it used to be.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Reference URL's