Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Remake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(18-07-2013 05:26 PM)pekinoua Wrote: [ -> ]Hachi, do you really need an answer? Nostalgia. Most of the people on internet started playing early, but gen 3 is where the series basically was established. Also, it's the next logical step to remake these games. Why remake games of gen 1 or 2 again? Or why to remake gen 4 when there are older games on the series?

Actually,Gen1 has the same reasons with Gen3 +1.
Many players in Gen1 imagined playing the games in 3D.So,Nintendo can take advantage of it.
(18-07-2013 03:32 PM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]Question:Why does everybody want a Gen3 remake?

Simple. Kanto + Johto = Heartgold/Soulsilver = DS
Hoenn = Ruby, Saphire, Emerald = GBA
Sinnoh = Diamond/Pearl/Platinum=DS
Unova = Black/White/Black2/White2= DS

Hoenn is the only region not on any version of the DS.
Plus, there's so much potential for the games. Shaymin and the White Rock. Deoxys/Jirachi and the Space Station. Maybe even make travel to the moon possible. That would be epic. The Hoenn region itself is just cool. Cool
Gen. III games are the best games ever made.
Numbers prove that. The best selling games and the only ones that don't have remakes so far (R/S).
Even if Nintendo/GameFreak don't take into consideration the desire of the fans, they maybe take into account the profit of a remake creation.
(18-07-2013 03:32 PM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]Question:Why does everybody want a Gen3 remake?

My answer would be this : quality is over quantity.In my opinion,40-50% of 6th's Gen. pokemon are ugly and when talking about 5th Gen. things become even worse.Game freak could keep the best pokemon from these two generations and make one really beautiful generation and on the same time give us a game that would satisfy our nostalgic feelings.
(19-07-2013 12:48 PM)SonicPKMN Wrote: [ -> ]Gen. III games are the best games ever made.

Please. Gen 3 is also my favorite game , but at least i understand it's probably because of nostalgia. Emerald was a very good game , but Black/White 2 Rival it pretty well. Exuding personal preference , Black and white were better than/equal to R/S. So far i still believe HG/SS are the best ones yet , considering the amount features and content they had. Platinum is also pretty good.

I wouldn't say Gen 1/2/4 Deserve a remake now more than gen 3 though. Maybe for the next console. (if the franchise even makes it that far ;_; )

(19-07-2013 12:48 PM)SonicPKMN Wrote: [ -> ]The best selling games and the only ones that don't have remakes so far (R/S).
Your argument is not valid.

The fact that something is popular does not automatically make it better than something else.
(21-07-2013 09:15 PM)Kingnothing412 Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-07-2013 12:48 PM)SonicPKMN Wrote: [ -> ]Gen. III games are the best games ever made.

Please. Gen 3 is also my favorite game , but at least i understand it's probably because of nostalgia. Emerald was a very good game , but Black/White 2 Rival it pretty well. Exuding personal preference , Black and white were better than/equal to R/S. So far i still believe HG/SS are the best ones yet , considering the amount features and content they had. Platinum is also pretty good.

I wouldn't say Gen 1/2/4 Deserve a remake now more than gen 3 though. Maybe for the next console. (if the franchise even makes it that far ;_; )

(19-07-2013 12:48 PM)SonicPKMN Wrote: [ -> ]The best selling games and the only ones that don't have remakes so far (R/S).
Your argument is not valid.

The fact that something is popular does not automatically make it better than something else.

Maybe I exaggerated a bit.. Undecided I read this though..

Bulbapedia Wrote:Like all paired games beforehand, Ruby and Sapphire were followed by a third version, Pokémon Emerald Version, two years later, and together became the best-selling Game Boy Advance games of all time.

I should had to clarify that.

However, I agree with you that the games after them are also good but each game has each own advantages and disadvantages so you can't compare them, in my opinion.

Of course, the gameplay, the graphics or the mechanics of the game improved but in the end it's the features that each version provides, that make it's game different from the others.
(21-07-2013 10:27 PM)SonicPKMN Wrote: [ -> ]However, I agree with you that the games after them are also good but each game has each own advantages and disadvantages so you can't compare them, in my opinion.

Of course, the gameplay, the graphics or the mechanics of the game improved but in the end it's the features that each version provides, that make it's game different from the others.

Exactly , this is basically what i was trying to say as well.
(21-07-2013 09:15 PM)Kingnothing412 Wrote: [ -> ]Your argument is not valid.

lolwut?

(19-07-2013 10:35 PM)christos21 Wrote: [ -> ]In my opinion,40-50% of 6th's Gen. pokemon are ugly and when talking about 5th Gen. things become even worse

I respect your opinion.But we have only seen 20-30 Gen6 Pokemon.Judging all Gen6 Pokemon (I'm mostly talking about the unreleased) because of 10-15 Pokemon is not very good,imo.
(22-07-2013 05:33 PM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-07-2013 09:15 PM)Kingnothing412 Wrote: [ -> ]Your argument is not valid.

lolwut?

Just look at the most popular stuff on there. Now , would you also call it the best?

You can't say something's better than something else based on just sales or popularity. that's basically what i meant by that. the music industry is a perfect example of this , imo. Popularity has nothing to do with it.
by Joe Badillo, the guy who organized the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Petition that we signed, pointed this out:

Something that may have escaped everyone notices is that when put in a certan order, some letters in the name of the Kalos's starters the name of the famous Hoenn Region appears.

C(H)espin
Fr(O)akie
F(ENN)ekin

Could this be pointing to a R/S/E remake?
@Hachi : Forgot to answer back when we were talking.Anyway,I'll say my opinion now.When a company wants to advertise a product,they want to point out the best of it.So,in our case,the logical for X/Y would be to have the most good looking pokemon revealed before the games.In this way,people will be more excited about the games and will buy them.That's why I'm not optimistic about the unrevealed pokemon.I hope,I'll be proven wrong for pokemon's sake Toungue Still,the 6th Gen. seems to be more beautiful than the 5th.
(09-08-2013 07:06 AM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]by Joe Badillo, the guy who organized the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Petition that we signed, pointed this out:

Something that may have escaped everyone notices is that when put in a certan order, some letters in the name of the Kalos's starters the name of the famous Hoenn Region appears.

C(H)espin
Fr(O)akie
F(ENN)ekin

Could this be pointing to a R/S/E remake?

lol This reminds me all of these Half Life 3 theories. Toungue
the names also hold a pattern that indicate the chance the aforementioned theory is true:

Chespi(n)
Fr(o)akie
Fen(ne)kin
https://twitter.com/OperationHoenn

Nintendo Life Wrote:Pokémon X & Y may have only just hit the 3DS, but there are people out there who want more — namely remakes of Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire.

There have been calls from fans for Game Freak and Nintendo to update these classic entries, and if mysterious hints left in X & Y are anything to go by, the wait might not be that long.

Twitter account Operation Hoenn (for those who don't know, Hoenn is the region in which the Ruby & Sapphire are set) — which is dedicated to pestering Nintendo into remaking Ruby & Sapphire — has spotted some references in Pokémon X & Y which suggest that Game Freak is up to something:

Of course, this could just be a case of Game Freak playfully referencing past entries in the series, but it could also be a hint of the next Pokémon project. Needless to say, it's gotten some fans very excited indeed — what do you think?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's