Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: PlayStation 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I guess it's time to release the fanboy inside me. WHAT THE HELL AM I WATCHING??? NO, SERIOUSLY! TELL ME! WHAT THE HELL!!

The new controller looks really awesome. The graphics and expressions are amazing. I'm out of words.

Wii U users, good luck playing other games apart from Mario and Zelda!

Arty2 Wrote:Quite unimpressed by remote play, I'm reading that it will have to be "wired"?

Unimpressed? Tell us more. Wired? Not at all. Sony will also be integrating remote play with their Android smartphones (Xperia) and tablets from what I saw in the videos. That means less PS Vita sales, but we'll see what they have in mind.

As for the price, in 2011 Sony said that they've learnt from past mistakes(PS3 price) and they won't repeat the same mistake. Consoles are always sold at a loss, so, from (1) and (2) --> x < 500 €/£/$, where x==price.

Arty2 Wrote:The interface sounds amazingly snappy, out of the way, that's exactly what the WiiU lacks.

I can name more.
  • It lacks game ideas
    • Come on Nintendo sheep, stop buying those Mario and Zelda! At least give me the money... it's better off that way.
  • Better online functionality,
  • The creators shouldn't do drugs
    • Whatever you buy is tied to the console and not to the specific account
  • Better hardware
    • Time moves on and so the requirements
  • From what I see, Nintendo does not care about multi-platform games.
    • This shows the console limitations in comparison to other systems.

P.S: Good luck Wii U users playing the games we did back in 2008. ^_~

P.S.2: Hell, noone loves reading posts from fanboys, but screw it! They totally nailed it!
Even Sony uses AMD, see fr3? Toungue

Any idea when we're going to see the actual console?
Ε3 most likely…

“Consoles are always sold at a loss“ Not really, that's just Sony. It's uncertain if they can afford to do so again; they have been in a major recession for a couple of years.
Now i have to find money for ps4. I think i'll be released in autumn.

Square Enix plz do NOT release KH3 for ps4 or at least make a ps3 version too.
(21-02-2013 12:59 PM)Arty2 Wrote: [ -> ]“Consoles are always sold at a loss“ Not really, that's just Sony.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/24/ni...-at-a-loss

http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-t...60-6140383

Edit: You guys got to admit, the new controller looks really premium!

[Image: triggers_01.jpg]

[Image: prototypedualshock4.jpg]

[Image: share_options-610x243.jpg]
Yeah it looks really good. The options button it'll be something for inside the games similar with the start button we have now.
Didn't watch the presentation, too tired to stay up and watch laggy streams.

I like the controller. The design seems pretty nice, although the placement of the share and options buttons looks awkward. Do they replace the usual start/select or will they be on the screen?

As far as the games go, I don't really care since I won't be buying it. But that Destiny thing by Bungie looks neat.

Also, Sony confirmed that you can play used games on different consoles. It seems to me like they started the rumor with that patent in order to check out people's reactions and quickly realized that it was bullshit. Good move by them.

(21-02-2013 04:27 AM)fr3quency Wrote: [ -> ]Wii U users, good luck playing other games apart from Mario and Zelda!
  • It lacks game ideas
    • Come on Nintendo sheep, stop buying those Mario and Zelda! At least give me the money... it's better off that way.
  • From what I see, Nintendo does not care about multi-platform games.

The Wii got far less multiplatform games than the Wii U has promised so far and it still outsold everything. People choose and buy a system for the games it gets, not for the ones it doesn't. As Arty2 said, exclusives will be all about the developer's policy and deals between the companies, otherwise every game could be ported from one console (or PC) to another, see Watch Dogs.

Protip: It's next to impossible to take your arguments seriously when you identify yourself as a fanboy, just saying.
Developers are everything. Not making some "high" titles for the Wii U shows the lack of confidence they have for the Wii U, take for example GTA 5. Porting games from one system to another takes a lot of time and money. Aka, pwned.

Also, the same goes for you as well. What you say cannot be taken into consideration since you have worked for Nortec.

My job here is done.
(21-02-2013 02:55 PM)fr3quency Wrote: [ -> ]Developers are everything. Not making some "high" titles for the Wii U shows the lack of confidence they have for the Wii U

But they are, that's my point. Look at Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed III, Darksiders II and Mass Effect 3. Those are the type of games that didn't make it to the Wii, they are all coming to the Wii U because their developers decided to invest in the new system. Those games can (and will) be developed for (or at least ported to) the Wii U, at least for the near future. If they don't, the decisions will most likely be based on marketing and strategic management rather than the Wii U being weak.

(21-02-2013 02:55 PM)fr3quency Wrote: [ -> ]Also, the same goes for you as well. What you say cannot be taken into consideration since you have worked for Nortec.

As someone who has not and will not buy any of the newer consoles, I'd like to think I'm being objective here. Being paid to distribute Pokémon once or twice per year doesn't affect my opinion.
Sorry, I was watching the presentation yesterday(well, today actually...) and I fell asleep instantly when it ended...

Nice, not so far from Wii U then. Well, it's a more powerful machine but I'd say that the difference on the games will probably be something like the difference in the PS3 games of 2008 and these of 2013. So, there will be a difference but probably negligible. It's not a technical beast and that probably means it won't have an astronomical number on its pricetag. Toungue This is really good news and MS probably will follow. The promises for the online are pretty good and it takes a more social approach, as Nintendo did with Miiverse. Pretty awesome, as this is the new fashion of technology. The Dualshock 4 was great, but this lightbar was kind of letdown. Sony seems to like big sources of light... Nevertheless, really cool and far better than the previous one.

About the games now... I didn't like at all that every single game had about 10 minutes of presentation. They could announce more instead of giving so much time to some of them. Especially KIllzone... I liked Knack very much and Infamous was pretty awesome, while Watch Dogs was also very good, even thought we knew it. For the rest, I don't really care. I insist that they should had announced more games. But the presentation was actually better than both of the Wii U ones in E3. The Nintendo Directs thought are better than anything and that's because they had a "wow" game. Sony didn't have something mindblowing or a teaser of a something unbelievable...

Also, fr3quency please calm down. I know that you're really excited but stop being so caustic. I'd like to discuss but I simply won't care for the thread if you continue like this. If you really think that Wii U has only Zelda and Mario, please search better.
(21-02-2013 03:15 PM)NM2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-02-2013 02:55 PM)fr3quency Wrote: [ -> ]Developers are everything. Not making some "high" titles for the Wii U shows the lack of confidence they have for the Wii U

But they are, that's my point. Look at Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed III, Darksiders II and Mass Effect 3. Those are the type of games that didn't make it to the Wii, they are all coming to the Wii U because their developers decided to invest in the new system. Those games can (and will) be developed for (or at least ported to) the Wii U, at least for the near future. If they don't, the decisions will most likely be based on marketing and strategic management rather than the Wii U being weak.

That's why I said "Good luck playing the games we did back in 2008". Porting PS3 games to the Wii U is different from porting PS4 games.

(21-02-2013 03:15 PM)NM2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-02-2013 02:55 PM)fr3quency Wrote: [ -> ]Also, the same goes for you as well. What you say cannot be taken into consideration since you have worked for Nortec.

As someone who has not and will not buy any of the newer consoles, I'd like to think I'm being objective here. Being paid to distribute Pokémon once or twice per year doesn't affect my opinion.

+Inifnity then! Smile

(21-02-2013 03:17 PM)pekinoua Wrote: [ -> ]Also, fr3quency please calm down. I know that you're really excited but stop being so caustic. I'd like to discuss but I simply won't care for the thread if you continue like this. If you really think that Wii U has only Zelda and Mario, please search better.

Butthurt? y/y?
(21-02-2013 03:21 PM)fr3quency Wrote: [ -> ]That's why I said "Good luck playing the games we did back in 2008". Porting PS3 games to the Wii U is different from porting PS4 games.

All games I mentioned were released in 2012 and were Wii U launch titles. Watch Dogs hasn't even been released yet and we're most likely looking at a simultaneous release on all platforms.
fr3quency Wrote:
(21-02-2013 03:17 PM)pekinoua Wrote: [ -> ]Also, fr3quency please calm down. I know that you're really excited but stop being so caustic. I'd like to discuss but I simply won't care for the thread if you continue like this. If you really think that Wii U has only Zelda and Mario, please search better.

Butthurt? y/y?

Um, do you really believe that? I don't said anything illogical, while you keep mentioning Nintendo. Were comments like
"Wii U users, good luck playing other games apart from Mario and Zelda" really necessary? I'd like to talk about PS4 as it is and not why it's better or not from Wii U. So, if you could stop acting like that I'd be more than happy to continue the discussion...
(21-02-2013 03:28 PM)NM2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-02-2013 03:21 PM)fr3quency Wrote: [ -> ]That's why I said "Good luck playing the games we did back in 2008". Porting PS3 games to the Wii U is different from porting PS4 games.

All games I mentioned were released in 2012 and were Wii U launch titles. Watch Dogs hasn't even been released yet and we're most likely looking at a simultaneous release on all platforms.

Poor NM2, don't you know how far ahead from the other companies Sony is? These guys played 2012 games in 2008, you should know it. Toungue

[/troll]
(21-02-2013 03:28 PM)NM2 Wrote: [ -> ]All games I mentioned were released in 2012 and were Wii U launch titles. Watch Dogs hasn't even been released yet and we're most likely looking at a simultaneous release on all platforms.

I think I'm talking with smart people and not idiots. 2008 and every 200x is meant for old gen games.

@peke, comparison is always intended to understand the power and variety that exists with the new generation.

And those posts are coming from a Wii user with over 40 games. kthxbai
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's