Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Fairy-type Pokemon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So by now, you've seen the homepage of legendarypokemon and in other places that there is a new Pokemon.... But this Pokemon is different. Flabébé is a type that has been long aspired by Pokemaniacs. What do you think this means for the future of Pokemon? Just share your thoughts on the matter here. Smile
Flabébé seems cool. It's also the smallest and lightest Pokémon.
My thoughts?
My thoughts are the following video:

Fairy type includes Flabébé, Sylveon, Gardevoir, Marill, and Jigglypuff with the last three getting Fairy as a second type. Who else do you think may gain Fairy for a second type?
I think CleFAIRY and Cresselia.

Celebi looks like a Fairy but I swear if they retype Celebi or Jirachi, I tell my Sylveon to use Moonblast on Nintendo. I will punish them in the name of the moon! Don't mess with my Grass/Physic or my Steel/Physic.
Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf could become fairies.
@Grim Ripper: Good idea!
Do you think Arceus will get a Fairy Plate?
Sure why not Toungue
I don't want more Pokemon to become Fairy types.
In Gen2,only Magnemite and Magneton became Steel type and 0 Pokemon became Dark type.
Why should we have 50 Pokemon becoming Fairy type now?
Because we have 650 Pokemon, not 150.
@GS
Still.
2 Pokemon for 150
650/150=4.3333333 (let's say it's 4-5)
2*4=8
2*5=10
So,8-10 Pokemon should be changed to half Fairy type.Not 50+
(16-06-2013 08:00 PM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want more Pokemon to become Fairy types.
In Gen2,only Magnemite and Magneton became Steel type and 0 Pokemon became Dark type.
Why should we have 50 Pokemon becoming Fairy type now?

You sure are against Fairy type, aren't you Hachi.
May I ask why?

Magnemite and Magneton were the only ones who NEEDED to become Steel type and there wasn't any that NEEDED to become Dark. CleFAIRY NEEDS to become Fairy type. Plus, as GergeSlayer states, we have 650+ Pokemon now.
In order to keep the overall balance with the addition of a new type, many old Pokemon need to gain the new type.

Who said anything about 50+ Pokemon getting retyped?
I didn't comment on whether or not we should/will have 20 or 30 or 50 Fairy Types. But it's only natural that they will be more than the Gen I Pokemon that got a steel type, there are quite a lot of them begging to be Fairies. 20 or 30 wouldn't be too many but we will see.
Actually hachi the logic is right but you forget that some pokemon have evolutions so this number goes us by at least 2 times.Also many pokemon were based on fairys although they were normal thus they must now change or at least have fairy as their secondary type.
What logic says is that fairy-type will only be added as a secondary typing in older generation pokemon.Changing the type of an older generation pokemon is like saying that a gull is not a bird but a fish.However,we can expect anything from game-freak.Am I the only one who doesn't understand why a new type is necessary ? These mechanics should have been determined in 1996,not in 2013.Three types were introduced in these 17 years,dark&steel "beat" psychic and steel&fairy "beat" dragon.To sum up,I believe they simply try to correct their typing charts-balance mistakes and on the same time convince everybody that they're doing something refreshing for the game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's