Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: The GS Remake - It actually happened!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Ok, we've heard many things but will it really happen? With Platinum's arrival, there's a certain thing that points to a 2nd gen remake. And from what I've read in other forums, I'm not the only one who believes it. Let's see:

1. It is thought that the Gen I and Gen III storylines take place at the same time, and same goes for Gen II and Gen IV. Think about it. In the original GSC, you could get RBY Pokémon through that trading capsule machine thing. In DP, you can get RSE Pokémon via the Pal Park. Also, durin the RSE era, we got the RB remakes, FRLG (all those initials...). Plus, remember something else. In GSC, when you went to Kanto, the birds weren't there. And they weren't in Johto either. Where did they go? Sinnoh is the most obvious answer, as now, in Platinum, we can catch them once again.

2. The RBY legendary trio, the RSE one and the DPPt one are all available in Platinum. Which one is missing? The GSC one that is. That could be another sign of GS remakes in the horizon. What's more, after the GSC era, Lugia and Ho-Oh have been event-only Pokémon, something that they were not meant to be. Since Lugia and Ho-Oh events are not going to happen and aren't really expected, why not making them available in-game once more?

What do you think?

Just forget what you read above. The remakes are now (8/5/2009) confirmed and they'll hit stores in Japan this fall.

[Image: o7udlc.png]

So any speculations about what new features they'll have? What will have changed from the original Gold 'n' Silver games?
Well, I believe they won't make a GSC remake because you can catch the 2nd Generation Pokemon in either Colloseum or XD. Maybe these 2 games for the GC are kind of a "remake" for the 2nd Generation Pokemon games. But it'd be cool if they made a remake for the NDS or even for the GBA.[WhiteOcean(because Lugia is white and lives in the sea) & RainbowFire(because Ho-oh looks like a rainbow and it's a Fire-type Pokemon).
I heard that Nintendo was gonna use the names "DuskGold" and "DawnSilver", but I don´t know if it´s true. Anyway, Nintendo may not do a remake, so we won´t get Johto pokemon easily... But I hope Nintendo will do, I really wanted to play it! GSC had more things to do after the league than any other game Toungue
yeah indeed . bug catching contest ftw !!!( once ive caught shiny butterfree and it gave me crazy points Toungue )
(23-09-2008 07:24 PM)Aluado Wrote: [ -> ]I heard that Nintendo was gonna use the names "DuskGold" and "DawnSilver", but I don´t know if it´s true.

Actually Nintendo has reserved many names that seem to be related to an upcoming GS remake, but most people think it's a move to avoid the creation of fake games. Nintendo sure knows how to keep an eye on its best franchise, that's for sure ;p
Well if that's gonna happen i bet that they 'll need some good updates for the game except from the graphics.
well I would really like to see a remake of the GSC. In my opinion it was the best and most interesting version of Pkmn...(You had the National Dex right from the start and you could collect up to 16 badges...) But actually I think this won't happen... In my opinion Gen II is the least advertised and least favourite of Nintendo...
im thinking they probably will at some point, if they know they are going to make some good money out of it. Nintendo is all about making money that's the reason Pokemon won't end for a while, i mean just look at Mario.
(18-10-2008 07:29 PM)Miltonic Wrote: [ -> ]im thinking they probably will at some point, if they know they are going to make some good money out of it. Nintendo is all about making money that's the reason Pokemon won't end for a while, i mean just look at Mario.

That's it. We can be very optimistic about the GS Remake because they will give a lot of money to their creators. Just think about it. There are going to be people who will buy them just to remember... Not just Nintendo but every company is all about making money Toungue I respect Nintendo though because it also makes great games. Speaking of Mario, just think about Mario Galaxy.
Ninjomewtwo's reasoning is logical and there is something that can strenghten it: The DSi is not going to have a GBA Slot so they may want to provide us with the Pokemon that are missing through another game. I just hope that they will put Mewtwo somewhere in Gold/Silver propably in a mysterious island...
i hope so but there running out of coulours and elements
it would be cool if they made a light type, wouldnt it? i hope they do make 2nd gen over again, and in it you could get celebi!!!!!
I think they are going to be made,because many people loved the 2nd generation,including me ,and they would do anything for money.
i think that a GSC remake must be released because lots of trainers haven't got ho oh,lugia and celebi and they will be able to do everything to get them.
Yes, i think that it will happen around 2010.
Rumour about up-coming games: DuskGold and DawnSilver. Hope it's true! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's