Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Competitive Battling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Ok, moving from the other thread. New Pokémon, new abilities, new moves, new sets, new everything. Speculate here.

Useful stuff:
More will be added as I fix the first post later.
This post is full of speculation, everything posted here are my own opinions/theories.

Lots of new stuff for B/W, i'm very interested in seeing how the metagame will be with those sky-high offensive stats i'm seeing. (I mean c'mon, 147 base attack and 97 speed ?) Stall will be rare, i'll bet that most teams will be offensive. Especially with the lack of defensive Pokemon this Generation. [There are a couple Pokemon with high defense, but there are just a lot of new Pokemon with 130+ [Special] Attack.]

And with the new weather changers (Politoed, Ninetales) weather teams are gonna be more popular, and there are finally Pokemon who can abuse Sandstorm (other than boosting SpD) with the new abilities so Sandstorm wouldn't be that bad as a weather, Dooryuzuu will probably be on every Sandstorm team with it's 2 beast abilities [Sand Throw, Sand Power], and the Dream World ability [Mold Breaker] isn't bad at all.

The old days with Dragon/Steel core will probably rise again, with the new Dragons and the new Steel/Grass type, i can see it being used with Ononkuso, Sazando, the other pure dragon-type pokemon, Garchomp or even Salamence.

A lot of the low-tier Pokemon will probably go to OU, Blaziken and Ditto for example, with access to new great abilities (Speed Boost and Eccetric respectively) and new attacks. (High Jump Kick for Blaziken) And a lot of high-tier Pokemon will end up in low-tier, and especially Infernape since it's horribly outclassed by Blaziken who has access to Speed Boost and High Jump Kick.
There will be a normal type move like hyper beam or giga impact in gen V (if yes i suppose the pokemon has to recharge)
(23-09-2010 05:50 PM)alexkafroc Wrote: [ -> ]There will be a normal type move like hyper beam or giga impact in gen V (if yes i suppose the pokemon has to recharge)

Are you sure you meant normal? Anyway,another strong pokemon is Shandera. 145 Sp.Atk with nice speed,strong STABs and Shadow Tag. Imagine trapping a choice user that has used a Normal/Fight move and then setting up 6 Calm Minds!
So, continuing from here:

(06-10-2010 06:16 PM)sweet-devil Wrote: [ -> ]Jellyfish @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 SpD (/Def) / 4 Def
Calm
- Boiling Water
- Recover
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam

Awesome stuff.

Another bulky Water that I think will see some use in this gen is this:

Milotic @ Leftovers
Calm with 252 HP - rest split in Defenses and SpAtk
Marvel Scale
- Boiling Water
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Milotic already has high SpDef, Rest activates Marvel Scale increasing its Defense, it can burn opponents with Boiling Water and can phaze with Dragon Tail. If Sleep Talk chooses Dragon Tail against a slower opponent, you essentially gain a free turn.
In my opinion,because of all these strong new pokemon,the metagame will change a lot. Sazando,Kojondo,Shanderaa,Ononokusu,the jellyfish and others I can't think of right now could be strong additions to any team. Also Boiling Water is the new Surf. I hope Jirachi doesn't learn it.
@NM2: Doesn't Deagon Tail work with a negative priority?
what would be the best movset set for dunsparce now? I wnna includ heem in my teams
(07-10-2010 11:49 AM)BLUE Wrote: [ -> ]@NM2: Doesn't Deagon Tail work with a negative priority?

Dragon Tail, yes. Sleep Talk, no. If Sleep Talk chooses Dragon Tail, you move first. It's the same as the Sleep Talk/Whirlwind Crobat we were talking about.

(07-10-2010 11:55 AM)dunsparce Wrote: [ -> ]what would be the best movset set for dunsparce now? I wnna includ heem in my teams

Dunsparce didn't get that many cool boosts in this gen, the flinching set from Gen IV still seems to be the only one that works. Thunder Wave/Body Slam/Glare - Headbutt - Rock Slide - some other move. It did get Coil which raises Atk, Def and Accuracy but I don't know if Dunsparce can pull it off.
dunsparce ftw! Ofc duns can pull it off! I am still confused with competative batteling though.
(07-10-2010 12:11 PM)Ninjomewtwo Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2010 11:49 AM)BLUE Wrote: [ -> ]@NM2: Doesn't Deagon Tail work with a negative priority?

Dragon Tail, yes. Sleep Talk, no. If Sleep Talk chooses Dragon Tail, you move first. It's the same as the Sleep Talk/Whirlwind Crobat we were talking about.

Ha. Didn't pay much attention. Apart from that, I generally find the sleep talk strategies dangerous, especially with so many sweepers on the field.
so far my strategy is head on attacking

Yeah, but Milotic doesn't really need priority, it's not supposed to outspeed anything as a tank.
I was refering to the fact tha if Milotic has a higher speed stat, it can use Dragon Tail first. This can be done via Sleep Talk.
Ok after playing some B/W on Po i feel i can give a little insight. =P

Nattorei and Shed Shell Forretress seem to be the only Spikers people use. Havent seen Skarm at all which is strange since it beats Ononokusu into the ground with even just Drill Peck. Taunt sucks on it because it has the bulk of a wet shoe.

Ghost/Water is common and rather annoying and is like on 1/3 of teams.

Rest Talk Dragon Tail Gyarados and Milotic (especially the former) make cool dragon checks. Really though Calm Rest talk Milotic is amazing utility, being able to own stuff with Boiling water and PHaze is a great addition to it and it just doesn't die with Marvel scale. It also checks Zoroark and NP Luke.

Ground/flying legendary genie is on most teams serving as a check to the dumb Doryuuzu with EarthEdge U-Turn and Explosion aswell as SD.

Jaroda is immensely annoying. +2 sp.att boost every leaf Storm frikking hurts.

Garchomp has been...underwhelming so far, same with Ononokutsu, Shandera, Salamence and Lati@s. Darkrai is annoying though lol.

Zoroark is ridiculous. Really, make one stupid switch and it shreds your team to bits. Though i mean making stupid switch ins is common due to its disguise. What a peen lol

Doryuuzu is annoying and my god is it powerful. Ive also been struggling with Terakion and Rankurusu (Magic Guard and Recover = ughhh). Both are ridiculous to be quite honest. Same with Kerudio.

Scarf Ditto is amazing. Has been my stall teams MVP.

Scarfchomp, scarf Onono seem to be popular too.

Genosekuto is just....ugh. Take this literally, if you dont have Blissey or Heatran you WILL lose. Its like porygon-z on crack, - nasty plot + better typing, movepool and rock polish. My Snorlax took 45% from LO Download Bug Buzz. @__@

Kojondo is a popular lead along with the Spikers and some Magic Coaters too.

Mischievous heart Sableye gets away with annoyingly Taunting, Recovering and Burning everything. Similarly, Victini makes me rage. >o

Technician Breloom with Mach Punch and Bullet Seed omg does this thing hurt. >_o
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's