Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: I know how to counter Garchomp!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well, guys, recently, Garchomp was moved to the Uber tier specially ´cause it has no counters. It standard moveset (Swords Dance, Outrage, Earthquake, Fire Fang and an Yache Berry) makes it uncounterable. I mean, you can´t switch out to anything and hope to survive enough to kill Garchomp. At least, it was what they thought.
Buuuuuut!!! This pokemon is just perfect!!!

Rhyperior
Impish@Choice Band
Solid Rock
252 HP, 6 Atk, 252 Def
- Outrage
- Anything
- Anything
- Anything

Rhyperior has enough defences to survive any attack from a Swords Danced Garchomp. With at least 317 Attack points, Outrage (obtained by Platinum move tutors) is surely to OHKO a standard Garchomp (which has only 4 defensive EVs)!
I don´t know if we could use Avalanche, ´cause I read at smogon that Avalanche´s power is doubled only if Rhyperior is attacked on that turn. So, if Garchomp Swords Dances again, Avalanche won´t OHKO it...

What do you think about this one? Big Grin
If you switch in on the turn it uses SD, it may work. Otherwise, you'll have to face 2 SD boosted hits, and assuming they aren't Fire Fangs, you won't survive. Also, it may get saved by Sand Veil (which is the main reason it became an uber). But whatever, if you're good at predicting, Garchomp can be countered. After a DD, Salamence and Dragonite can stop it. You may also use that berry that reduces Dragon-type's power (I don't remember the name). Anyway, if it was up to me, I'd never move Garchomp to ubers, it can be countered in OU. Maybe harder than some other OU, but it can be countered.
hehe. Nice one aluado but i think garchomp was counterable with weavile : ice shard and bye bye and if yache berry is a held item then dragonite with choice ( that thing for speed i forgot it's name ) and outrage

p.s i have 2 months i haven't played pokemon that'w why i don't remember the name
p.s.2 252 evs att and speed in dragonite and weavile
Well, I also used to think like this... but after reading some discussion at some other places, I saw that it isn´t so simple Toungue When I say "counter Garchomp" I mean, you have to switch to a pokemon that can survive to Garchomp´s attacks and be able to kill it.
If you switch to anything while Garchomp attacks, this thing may not be able to survive... And Ice Shard is too weak to OHKO Garchomp, even without Yache Berry (I know ´cause I´ve already tried xP)
Nope it's 4X and also with 1,5 from stab power goes like 40 X 4 = 160 X 1,5 = 240
If that does not persuade u then just equip a god damned choise thing!
Although it´s so powerful, Yache Berry cuts its power in half. And Garchomp, even with no defensive EVs, is able to survive. If you don´t believe, try it yourself or use some damage calculator...
Ok leave ice shard but outrage from dragonite ?
120 X 2 = 240 X 1,5 = 360
now are are you satisfied ?

Damage calc.

Defender HP: 358 <--- garchomp with 31 Iv's in def and hp and 4 ev's in hp
Move Damage: 463 - 545
Damage: 129.33% - 152.23% <---- that's dragonite 31 iv's in att 252 ev's in att and choise thing in speed ( outrage )

(I didn't do the calc with weavile beacause the calc didn't have in items yache berry )
Well, I´ll try to explain again what I meant...

Let´s suppose, you´re using... uh... an Infernape. And the foe is using Garchomp. You can´t lose you Infernape now, for some reason, so you´d better switch out. But switch out to what? If you bring a Weavile and Garchomp kills it with the Earthquake it was gonna use on Infernape? Or if the enemy trainer predicts that you´re gonna switch out and uses Swords Dance?
I just said that I´ve just discovered a 100% safe way to bring a pokemon against Garchomp without sacrificing a pokemon. About Dragonite... let´s suppose that you switched out to it and your foe used Stealth Rock before. Dragonite will lose 1/4 of its HP. And let´s suppose that Garchomp uses Outrage then. Is Dragonite able to survive it? I don´t know...
every time i am vs a garchomp in shoddy my aerodactyl with ice fang can ohko it Wink
Actually it needs prediction. You need to know when you expect one of its attacks. You can send in Gengar in either Dragon Dance or Earthquake and use destiny bond. Or, if Sandstorm is absent you can use Gengar with Focus Sash and Counter... I agree with Ninjomewto. I don't think Garchomp is a SO disastrous Pokemon...
I also think that Garchomp isn´t so powerful. But I´m just tired of hearing people saying that Garchomp has no counters, only revenge killers. By the way, if you have a good counter to Garchomp, show it!
@NM2: did you fight a YacheChomp? Wink
Garchomp is actually fairly scary. An Outrage from a 788 Atk stat is enough to 2KO Shuckle with max Def and max HP.

What might become popular if Garchomp became an OU again would be Rain Dance, Reflect Bronzongs. Rain Dance would keep Fire Fang's power down (which would also stop Garchomp's decent ability)and Reflect would allow it to take an Outrage better than without it. With Reflect up and 250 Defense without Reflect up, Bronzong would take as much as 90 HP from an Outrage. Barely a 4KO at max power (with Max HP). and once Garchomp comes back in, Fire Fang will do squat, EQ doesn't hit it, so it's all good for the Bronze Wall of the 4th generation.
The only problem is that Bronzong may be too damaged until it´s able to set up Reflect or use Rain Dance...Toungue And Bronzong isn´t able to KO Garchomp in a few hits.
Aluado Wrote:The only problem is that Bronzong may be too damaged until it´s able to set up Reflect or use Rain Dance... And Bronzong isn´t able to KO Garchomp in a few hits.

Yeah, setting up a problem. Rain would not be a problem on a Rain Dance team however. Unable to KO and a few hits though? Nope. A HP Ice at base 65 power from a Max SAtk Bronzong 3KOs a Min SDef, Min HP Garchomp with a Yache Berry. Now if we are talking in-game, Garchomp would be 3KOed by Extrasensory, with the same stats.

I know I have said in another post that if one wanted to wall Garchomp entirely, it would need to be Taylor-Made to counter it, which probably holds true. Unless someone else has another idea.
Taylor-Made? How come?Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's