Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Charizard or Arcanine?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I want to make one of them for my team,but I don't know which one and I need your opinion.

As you know Charizard has a little larger movepool,but Arcanine has a little better sum of base stats.Also,you may want to bear in mind that Arcanine is not as weak as Charizard to the Rock type.(The other weaknesses are almost the same).

So,which one you think is better?Charizard or Arcanine?
Charizard usually offers more versatility as it can be a Special or a Physical Sweeper, depending on your personal choices. I'd made Charizard as the PotW but it has been archived and I'll have to retrieve it with the help of Arty2.

Arcanine should be mainly used as a Physical Sweeper as many of its moves fall under this category OR a Sunnybeamer.

Think of it this way: Charizard is overused and for a good reason; Arcanine is not the best choice due to its limited movepool.

I'd say Arcanine, for I favor Underused Pokemon. Big Grin
I would prefer Arcanine because it has better base stats... And I agree with Eraleas... However my personal opinion is that you should think better of using fire type pokemon unless you have other pokemons to support it. I think that fire type has more weeknesses and less advantages than other types that would be more useful...Big Grin
Alcaron Wrote:I would prefer Arcanine because it has better base stats... And I agree with Eraleas... However my personal opinion is that you should think better of using fire type pokemon unless you have other pokemons to support it. I think that fire type has more weeknesses and less advantages than other types that would be more useful...Big Grin
I know but like I said to the Favorite Type thread,I like the fire type a lot and I want one fire pokemon in my team despite its weaknesses.And since these two are my favorite fire pokemon,I decided to pick one of them.Shy
Neither. Your best bet is to use Camerupt, whose Attack and Special Attack stats are high, and has versatility. Charizard is seriously overrated and Arcanine is overused.
Camerupt is not a bad choice, but I don't like it as a Pokemon that much. And I don't think Arcanine is overused. You could say that for Charizard, but I don't think it's the same for Arcanine due to his limited movepool. The funny thing is that I began training Arcanine and I got him lv50 (Like all of my Pokemon). That was when my little cousin restarted my Emerald and saved his game by accident... Sad
Camerupt is terribly slow while Charizard and Arcanine have a big Speed stat so if u want a sweeper Camerupt is not a good choise
Camerupt also has horrible Special Defense and with a minor squirt of water, he'd be down to less that 1/4 of his total HP.
You also have Ninetales, who is faster than both of them. And BLUE, Charizard is SLOOOOOOOOW compared to Jolteon, Swellow, even Jumpluff.
Well Jolteon and Swellow are among the fastest anyway! Toungue
Ninetales is also respectively faster than those two Pokémon.
I also start to think about Flareon now and I don't think it's a bad choice.
Flareon is cool... But it is quite strange. It excels in defense and attack strangely and the other Eeveelutions are actually better (but I love it anyway!).

Shadow Ball is nice on Flareon and BP-ing attack or Special Attack on it, is always nice.
ninetales is no way as fast as charizard. i have a lv 100 hasty ninetales with a speed of 265 with maxed out EVs. i have two charizards lv 100 1 with a speed of 266 & impish nature and another with a naive nature with a speed of 299. & besides charizard could kill ninetales with a single earthquake™. and charizard can learn blast burn the most powerful fire tupe along with eruption(power=150).
In my opinion, it depends on the rest of your team. See which weaknesses aren't covered and who is best for covering them.
And Ninetales is as fast as Charizard; the only diference may be your IVs or EP.
But if you need an annoyer or something fast enough with Safeguard, choose Ninetales.
If you'll take part in double battles, Arcanine is best since it has Helping Hand.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's