Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Single Pokémon Rating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I was thinking of this pokemon.

Claydol
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Careful
EPs: 252 HP, 200 S.Def, 56 Def
Moveset:
Mud-Slap
Sandstorm
Rockslide
Rapid Spin
(06-01-2010 05:29 PM)Spyros Wrote: [ -> ]What do you think of this set?

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
EPs:252 HP,108 Def,148 SpDef

Substitute
Synthesis
Toxic
Energy Ball

If you really wanted to have a party, run Sub + Leech Seed along with Synthesis / Rest and Seed Flare. I suppose Sub-Toxic works okay, but it's not the best option given that you have Leech Seed. I suppose you could do Leech Seed + Toxic + Sub, but then you're be killing the foe's Pokemon, from which you are healing yourself Toungue

(06-01-2010 11:18 PM)herooftime Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking of this pokemon.

Claydol
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Careful
EPs: 252 HP, 200 S.Def, 56 Def
Moveset:
Mud-Slap
Sandstorm
Rock Slide
Rapid Spin

You have the right idea with Rapid Spin, but you're probably going to want to change around some of the other moves. If you want Sandstorm, you're probably best off with Tyranitar / Hippowdon on the team, as Sandstream will last forever (unless something like Abomasnow or a Rain Dancer comes.) You could replace SS with any number of moves, including Reflect (best choice imo, because of Pursuiters,) Toxic, Light Screen, Explosion, Stealth Rock... you get the idea. Earthquake packs more of a punch than Mud-Slap (due to the 80 base power increase and the fact that it's not inhibited by the careful Nature), which comes in handy more often than Mud-Slap's accuracy drop. The EVs and Nature will work just fine.

and wow, it has been a long time since I have posted here.
(08-01-2010 04:37 AM)ExplorerAce Wrote: [ -> ]You have the right idea with Rapid Spin, but you're probably going to want to change around some of the other moves. If you want Sandstorm, you're probably best off with Tyranitar / Hippowdon on the team, as Sandstream will last forever (unless something like Abomasnow or a Rain Dancer comes.) You could replace SS with any number of moves, including Reflect (best choice imo, because of Pursuiters,) Toxic, Light Screen, Explosion, Stealth Rock... you get the idea. Earthquake packs more of a punch than Mud-Slap (due to the 80 base power increase and the fact that it's not inhibited by the careful Nature), which comes in handy more often than Mud-Slap's accuracy drop. The EVs and Nature will work just fine.
I included Mud-Slap in Claydol's moveset because of its ability. I imagine Claydol being an annoying pokemon. Toxic will work well with Mud-Slap (at least that's what I think). But I was thinking of a team based on toxic spikes [which renders Toxic useless, except from flyers and levitaters (do we use such words? XD)]. The Tyranitar-led team sounds good; Tyranitar is a beast. But this means that my Pokemon will get hurt too. I mean, not all Pokemon are going to be resistant to sandstorm! It's really difficult to make a balanced team with Steel, Rock and Ground types, as well.

Dunno... I think I'll come up with a new team based on sandstorm (sandstream). Thanks a lot ExplorerAce Smile
my next pokemon will be heatran @ choice scarf - fire blast, earth power, dragon pulse, explosion
naive nature a backup of scizor Big Grin
Slaking:

@Iron Ball
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Fling
-Earthquake
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP

==

Slaking as a counter for Physical Sweepers:
@Focus Sash
-Yawn
-Counter
-Flail/
-Superpower

252 Atk/252 Spe/4 SpA - 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Atk

Start off with Yawn, the foe will use an attacking move/buff, if the foe used an attack move and tried to OHKO your Slaking, it'll survive using a Focus Sash/The other item that is similiar to Focus Sash's ability, then Counter that attack or use Flail, the foe will surely die. Smile [If the foe used a buff in the first turn, use Superpower until he sleeps/attacks you.]

I came up with that. It's a little sucky, but oh well.
Slaking is an amazing "revenge killer". Good Speed, teriffying Attack. With Giga Impact, Choice Band and the perfect Normal type for a STAB it can deliver instant faint in one hit at almost evry single pokemon.
I don't really like Giga Impact.

Its strong, yes, but it needs a turn to re-charge, so yeah.
The thing with slaking though is that he can work only as a revenge killer(switch in-finish sth-switch out) due to his ability(Truant) which allows him to attack only once every two turns.

Giga Impact is not adviced, not because of the recharge(Slaking wouldn't attack anyway the second turn) but because you cannot switch out after using it. So Return is the superior move.

Slaking can be useful but requires great prediction. While he destroys things, his ability can ruin your team and allow set ups.
Really ? I didnt know his ability.

I just made up that moveset for my friend who loves Slaking.
Ι was thinking of this:

skarmory lv100

@leftovers
brave bird
roost
stealth rock
spikes
252hp/96atk/150def
Just dont get your Pokemon to lvl 100, its useless to me. Even if your using AR.

I just EV train them for comp-battling and if needed train them to a certain lvl to learn new moves.

Also: You using that Skarmory as a wall ? If i were you, i wouldn't give it Brave Bird since its gonna do a recoil damage. I'd give it something else.

Be careful when using Roost. If you used it and the foe used Earthquake, your Skaromy is totally gonna be doomed.
Instead of Brave bird, give it drill peck and instead of Spikes, give it whirlwind/roar.
I was thinking to get spikes out,and put whirlwind.This way,after a stealth rock,he can continue with whirlwind,and all the pokemon will take damage.
I just had an extremely crazy idea. I thought of a Smeargle with the following set:

[Image: Spr_4h_235.png] [Image: Spr_b_g4_235.png]
Impish @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 108 Def, 148 SpDef
  • Mean Look / Block / Fire Spin / Sand Tomb / Whirlpool
  • Dragon Dance
  • Cosmic Power
  • Batton Pass

Nature, EV spread and Item:
First off, as you can see this thing won't ever attack,so don't bother on choosing the most suitable nature or getting one with nice Attack and Special Attack IVs. The nature could be any of the ones that are beneficial to Defense or SpDefense. The EV spread should be bulky (even though Smeargle's defensive stats are fairly low) to help it survive for as many turns as possible. Leftovers are are its held item for the same reason. The nature and the EV spread above are just an example.

Moveset:
  • First Slot: Here you can run Mean Look or Block -even though Whirlpool and such moves are prefered because of the damage they cause- because no Pokemon are immune to these two and Wobbuffet can't inflict any damage by countering your attack (the damage will be pretty low though and I don't think that Wobbuffet can guess what kind of attack you'll use). You might say that Spore is an option too. Well, if you think that you can't find a Pokemon that you can set up on or that you need only a few turns to set up, then yes.
  • Second and Third Slot: Here you can run many combinations like Dragon Dance + Nasty Plot, Ingrain + Cosmic Power or Swords Dance + Calm Mind etc., but the best one is the one I wrote above because you can choose what to Baton Pass to: a physical sweeper or a wall. You can run something such as Swords Dance + Nasty Plot if you chose Spore for the first slot.
  • Fourth Slot: This Smeargle is supposed to be a Batton Passer, isn't it? Toungue

Strategy:
Now, how does this thing work. Switch in when the opponent has in the field a Pokemon that you can set up on and block them. In an Uber battle you can set up on Wobbuffet with great ease, but the point is...will it stay in the battle field? I don't think it will. I don't think that anything you can set up on will. That's why this set must be a failure. Anyways, if you manage to block the opponent you start using Cosmic Power (if you plan on Batton Passing to a defensive teammate) or Dragon Dance (if you plan on Batton Passing to an offensive teammate). If you have enough time (e.g. when you're facing a Wobbuffet) you can use both to max out Smeargle's Attack,Defense,SpDefense and Speed. Then Batton Pass, and sweep or stall the opponent to death.

P.S.: As I mentioned above, I know this is really crazy. Howerver, if one is a little lucky it might hopefully do its job. I also know that the idea of creating the perfect Pokemon or making one perfect by raising its stats is stupid, but if you don't aim high...Toungue
I don't know what your getting at, but that Smeargle is pretty cool, just try to survive as much turns as possible. :3
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's