Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Single Pokémon Rating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
How can a Smeargle learn those moves?

Now, I need advice. Gengar!
Gengar @Life orb
Timid
Shadow Ball, T-Bolt, Focus Blast, Destiny Bond
EVs: 252 S.Atk, 252 Spd (347 S.atk, 344 Spd due to IVs)
Smeargle can learn any move by Sketch-ing it.About your Gengar,other than the fact that the Speed IV should probably be better,an easily seen major flaw is the fact it loses to Scizor (unless it Pursuits you while you use Destiny Bond) as well as to Scarf-TTar (which I don't know whether you should see often enough on wi-fi due to the danger of activating the Acid Rain Glitch).The Gengar sets I use the most lately (on Shoddy mostly) are:
-Shadow Ball,Focus Blast,Hidden Power Fire,Protect (known as MysticGar,not using it on shoddy much any more).

and

-Shadow Ball,Focus Blast,Substitute,Pain Split.This one offers more protection against pursuiters and priority users.

There are however many ways to use Gengar,and that's why it's so good.Shadow Ball and Focus Blast are needed on any set,and the 2 remaining slots can be filled with any of the following or even some other move:Thunderbolt,Energy Ball,Hypnosis,Destiny Bond,Explosion,HP Fire,Protect,Substitute etc.Just find what suits your team more.

For its item,use either Life Orb or Expert Belt if you want to bluff a choice item and get rid of the recoil damage.

Since the post is long:Choose according to your team's needs.I can detail on everything more if need be,just ask.
Ι'll think of a team and I'll let ye know Toungue.

About that Smeargle, do you Sketch a move in a battle and it knows it forever outside that battle or just for that very battle. I can't see another way of convincing myself that this moveset could work :-/...
It knows it forever after sketching it.
Advice needed for Dialga:
@ Adamant Orb
~ Aura Sphere
~ Power Gem
~ Dragon Claw
~ Roar of Time
(252 SpA / 252 Def / 4 SpD) (252 SpA / 252 SpD / 4 Def) (252 SpA / 252 HP / 4 Def)
I need to replace Dragon Claw with something else and im thinking to add Scary Face instead of Roar of Time. And also thinking of replacing the Adamant Orb with another item.

Any ideas ?
You may think "Why posting then?!", but I believe that you shouldn't use UBERS.
Ubers are supposed to be used in the Uber metagame,nothing wrong with that.Sweet-devil,please come back for some advice after you've made up your mind about what you want Dialga to do,since there are so many different tasks it can complete equally well.
Yeah thats exactly why i need advice lol.

What i wanna have is a Dialga with good Defense that can handle a few hits and strong SpA to launch heavy hits.

@herooftime:
I think that i can use the Pokemon that i want to use.
Also i don't care for the other sites' rules, but Nintendo's official competitive battling rules say that i can have 2 of the Ristricted Pokemon. [Which contains most of the Ubers.]
(23-05-2010 02:42 PM)sweet-devil Wrote: [ -> ]Also i don't care for the other sites' rules, but Nintendo's official competitive battling rules say that i can have 2 of the Ristricted Pokemon. [Which contains most of the Ubers.]

So you're planning on running Dialga on the VGC? If yes, be sure to use Protect on the set to avoid Earthquakes and Explosions, either by your second Pokémon or the opponent. Thunder is a good move too, there are a lot of Kyogre in the VGC so even if you don't set rain yourself, you'll be able to abuse your opponent's Kyogre. It also hits Lugia and Ho-Oh hard. After that, I don't know, choose what you want to hit and pick your moves. Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor hit Palkia, Fire Blast abuses Groudon's Drought and hits Metagross, you may even have Dialga set Trick Room if you want if your team is slow.

If you have already decided on the Pokémon you want to use and maybe the sets of some of them, post them so we can see the team's strengths and weaknesses and help you. Wink
Not exactly an all-Uber team.

Just a team of Dinosaurs, Pokemon that look like Dinosaurs.

Thanks for the info NM2, Thunder is actually a great idea. :3
Aggron @ Chople Berry
Jolly
252 Spe / 84 Atk / 174 Def
Ability: Rock Head
~ Rock Polish
~ Magnet Rise
~ Head Smash
~ Aqua Tail

- Basically a Rock Polish set that i made myself with a little help from Smogon.
- 252 Spe to help with Rock Polish to outspeed most Pokemon.
- Magnet Rise to counter nasty Earthquakes
- Chope Berry to weaken nasty Mach Punches and such,
- Head Smash will be the main STAB move, 150 base Power + STAB = 225 base Power.
- Aqua Tail to hit the foes resistant against Head Smash
- When i send out Aggron, the foe will probably switch into a Pokemon with a Fighting/Ground move, so i'll surprise them with a Rock Polish (and probably outspeed them) and deliver a heavy hit.
Nice, but would happen If you encountered a starme or alakazam with focus blast? You might want to concider swiching the idem to a wide lends because for me 80 acc. coupled with my usual bad luck ends up with my demise (stupid porygon-z...)
Well, i tested that set for a while and Life Orb is a much better item, the 174 Def was useless, Chople Berry couldn't stop Mach Punch from 2HKOing me, so a standard 252 Atk / Speed is better.

Alakazam is OHKO'd by Aqua Tail due to it's crap defense, and Starmie is dealt with using Head Smash.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's