Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: NM2's Challenge Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
damn,resketch
[Image: 0001-1.jpg]
Look, if it's 1v1, ok, each one is facing the same number of opponents. What about if it it's not 1v1? And who said there are two teams of Machoke? Each one fights for itself, go watch a Royal Rumble dude, there are no teams there. Take possibilities for 1 Machoke versus number of Machoke. (Also, John Cena won the 2008 Royal Rumble, spoiler for those who haven't seen it yet and intend to do so.)
if it is in the context of 1vx then it's always true because one from x will be fighting 1 to x-1 for sure
ThEoXaRhS{MaZa} Wrote:if it is in the context of 1vx then it's always true because one from x will be fighting 1 to x-1 for sure
Which is what you were supposed to say from the very beginning. Congratz, you wins.
and because no one understood there you go

If there are x machokes, then each one, fighting a different number of chokes, will follow a number in this pattern: 1,2,3…x-2,x-1,x. However, since the x th one would have to fight x chokes, that choke would have to fight itself. That of course is impossible, and so that choke must pick another number in that series. That number has already been picked by someone else, and thus we come to the conclusion that two chokes are fighting the same number of chokes.
NEW CHALLENGE
Challenge 7: Never trust the gypsies

You're at the weapons shop buying new shurikens as you used all of them.You asked for 20 shurikens but the dishonest Gypsy shopkeeper gave you a fake one hidden in the 19 real ones. The fake shuriken looks and feels exactly the same as the real ones, except for a slight weight difference. You've been warned about this shopkeeper and they told you a way to find out which shuriken is fake by using a balancing scale. However, you do not know whether the fake shuriken is heavier or lighter than the real ones.

Find the fake shuriken in 4 moves using the scales (meaning you're only allowed to place the shurikens on the balancing scale 4 times), and not hurting the Gypsy shopkeeper with it.

Ah yeah,forgot to mention that it is WAY too easy

Fenix

As first step, we divide the shurikens in 4 groups: 3 groups of 6 shurikens and a group of 2 (A, B, C, and D that has 2 shurikens). Then, we compare the first two groups of 6 shurikens. now they may 1. weigh the same 2. have different weights. whatever the result was, we compare one of the first groups of six with the third group of six shurikens.

Depending from what we got, we can safely say that:

1-if all the comparisons were equal, then the fake shuriken is in D (the group with 2 shurikens)

We got lucky. we just pick two random shurikens from any of the previous 18 (they all have the same weight) and compare them with group D. if D is heavier, then the fake one is heavier, if it's lighter, then we have a lighter fake shuriken. now all we have to do is compare the two shurikens of group D to find out the fake one. 4 comparisons.

2-if one of those groups of six was lighter/heavier, we found out which one it was with the second comparison (say, A=B & B>C then C has the fake, or A>B & B=C, then A has the fake, or A>B & B>C then B has the fake). Also we now know if the fake shuriken is heavier or lighter.(I don't think I need to explain this bit)

Now that we know our fake shuriken is in the group of 6, we split in it two and compare them, and then discard the group that was heavier/lighter depending on the result in the previous stage. 3 comparisons so far

Now we have 3 shurikens left and we know that one is heavier/lighter, all we have to do is pick two of those and compare them, if they were equal then the fake is the third, if not then the heavier/lighter one is the fake.

That's it, I think my reply IS correct, BUT, I have the feeling that there was an easier solution D:
hey i didn't read it but it seems to be the right one
Yes, your answer is correct Fenix and no, there's not an easier way.
Want a difficult one, get a difficult one.
Challenge 8: Metal
Here's a small part of the lyrics of a certain song: "The Law Is The Metal"
That song is obviously played by a metal band. Your job is not to find that, although you'll most probably need them.
Your job is to tell me which famous band had one of their songs written by that band. Also, which is the song written by that band.
Not a test of logic, but one of Internet using skillz and probably music knowledge. Prize will be the same nothing.

Billaros, you cannot go for this one, way too easy for you.
ok the song is "Metal is the law" by massacration
The Manowar song "Kill With Power" was written by Massacration.

i know, i am "*κολοκύθι*"
New one.

Challenge 9: Find the card
Here's a card with most of its parts missing:

[Image: 2zqu4pt.png]

Your job is to give me a link to a picture of the real card. Simply, find which card is this.
Card blank by CascadeGonpory as one can see.

Fenix

Never played Pokemon TCG, so I have no idea. I only own a blue energy card xD.

It Would have been a different story if it was an MTG card tho
pff I am going to find it.Till then here's a new one

Challenge 10: 2=1

a=b
a^2=ab
a^2-b^2=ab-b^2
(a+b)(a-b)=b(a-b)
(a+b)=b
a+a=a
2a=a
2=1

SO!There are some grave mistakes here.Explain to me in plain terms why this calculation is wrong.going to find the card nao.brb
Dark Scizor
Type: Stage 1 - Evolves from Scyther Card#: 9/105 Rarity: Holo
Color: (M) HP: 70 Level: 35
Weakness: ® Resistance: G Retreat Cost: 2
Attack: [2] Threaten - Flip a coin. If heads, look at your opponent's hand. If he or she has any Trainer cards there, choose 1 of them. Your opponent shuffles that card into his or her deck.
Attack: [3] Slash (30)

that was easy mate
a=b Why not? Toungue

a^2=ab because a=b so a * a = a * b= ab

(a+b)(a-b)= a*a-ab+ba-b*b=a^2+b^2

(a+b)=b Well that impossible because a=b so a+b must be a number higher than a and b

a+a = a Even my granny knows that a+a=2a Toungue

2a=a no thats impossible! it should be 2a, because if we divide with a then we will find that 2=1 Toungue

2=1 riiiiiight
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Reference URL's