Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: NM2's Challenge Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Well, i've figured out yesterday that it's power metal for sure, but can't really find the exact song. It could be Iced earth because of the "I, C, D" unowns, but i just remembered that you started listening to them just a few weeks ago, so no.
Ok, here's a bunch of hints for everybody sucks.

1. It is not power metal. Well, not according to me. Once you find the song, I'll let you all listen to it, it can not be classified as any kind of music.

2. The 5 Unown are the key to the code. The should be taken into account in a different way than the rest of the Pokémon.

3. Since GeorgeSlayer figured out the band with some of my help, I'll just tell you that the bottom line of Pokémon in the image says "Complete". This may help you decipher the code, if you are observative enough.

Oh and btw, if you are one of those guys that turn Raichu into Riachu and Whiscash into Wishcass all the time, you'd better use our Pokédex for the names. Wink
Arg, it took me two minutes to find out the answer after the last hint you gave us and about an hour to decide that I should post it... xD

So, if I'm not mistaken, the answer is "Into The Night By Complete".
Correct one! I know I made it really simple with those hints but otherwise nobody would even try...
And now, the best part. YOU ARE ALL FORCED TO LISTEN TO THIS SONG!
CLICK HERE FOR THIS FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE!

Also, just in case you wanna learn some stuff about this fantastic band by the name "Complete", watch this video. You should watch it, I laugh my ass off any time I do.

Expect similar challenges in the future, I'm not letting Google mess with the game.

Char, if you want you can post the way you figured it out, if you're bored I'll edit this post tomorrow with the solution.
Ok, let's start from the bottom line of Pokemon which says "Complete" as NM2 told us.
[Image: 2nusho9.png]
First part:
This Unown [Image: nyh5px.png] is the letter "D" of the alphabet. And "D" is the FOURTH letter of the alphabet.

Second part:
Now let's write down the Pokemon names' above.
  • Torchic / Tyrogue / Azumarill / Hoppip / Shellder / Gorebyss / Huntail / Spheal
If you're observative enough, you'll notice that every fourth letter of the Pokemon names' above, forms the word "Complete".
  • TorChic / TyrOgue / AzuMarill / HopPip / SheLlder / GorEbyss / HunTail / SphEal
This means that every Unown shows you which letter of the Pokemon names to use, so you can solve this challenge.

Now we'll take it from the beginning.

The first Unown is the letter "C" of the alphabet. And "C" is the third letter of it. So, we write down the names again until we reach the next Unown.
  • OnIx / BaNette / MeTapod / WoOper
The same way as before and it says " Into".

The second Unown is the letter "F". "F" is the sixth letter of the alphabet.
  • ForreTress / JiracHi / CombeE
Says "The".

The third Unown is "I". "I" is the ninth letter.
  • GastrodoN / MasqueraIn / ChinglinG / SandslasH / KricketoT
Says "Night".

And last, the fourth Unown is "A".
  • Bibarel / Yanma
Says "By".

Combine it all together and it's the song "Into The Night" By Complete. Which, btw, is a pretty good song. Big Grin
Challenge 17: Name the Song II

Same format once again, you have to name the song & band. First line separates Tyranitar from the song's name, second line separates the song's name from the band's name.

[Image: check-i41-tinypic-vxg0w7-png]

Of course, the "code" is different this time. Also, this time there's a pretty useful hint hidden in the image, you could try finding it for making your life easier. Good luck everybody, and I hope this one doesn't prove itself to be so hard a challenge as the one before.
If I had to guess now, it would be Sandstorm by DaRude, or Enter Sandman by Metallica. Then again, I should try to find the solution rather than guess.
Well at least now we know that finding the solution is boring
(06-05-2009 10:38 PM)ExplorerAce Wrote: [ -> ]If I had to guess now, it would be Sandstorm by DaRude, or Enter Sandman by Metallica.

Haha, I like your approach, but no, none of the two.
I think the song is "Delusion By Falconer"...
Oh come on, it didn't last even two hours, I feel like I totally failed this time. Correct one again Char.
Did you find the hint I was talking about? Oh, and would you like to do the explanation thingy again or is it my turn now? Toungue
the hint is that the tree is fuxed up?
Lalala, I won again. Toungue I don't know if the key was the sandstorm and T-tar's ability, but that's what I used to solve the challenge. Although I spent about half an hour looking at the tree 'cause I thought the hint was hidden there. Needless to say, after 30 minutes of looking at the screen without moving, my brother was looking at me as If I had a mental breakdown or something. Toungue

Like I said, I noticed the sandstorm after some time and then I noticed T-tar. You hadn't told us what T-tar has got to do with the name of the song/band, so I thought that this would be the "key" like Unown was in the previous challenge. I tried to find a connection between T-tar and the whole image. And then I got a flashback called "T-tar's ability - Sand Stream" which can summon a sandstorm.

I also remembered that many of the Pokemon had 2 abilities. I used the Pokedex for every Pokemon after that and I wrote down everyone's First Or Second ability, depending on the number bellow it. When I finished, I noticed that if you combine the first letter of every ability, you can form a word. Delusion was the first line and Falconer the second.

After that, I googled it to see if the song really exists and Ta-Da! I won the challenge.. Toungue
Nice one, I'd say you're lucky you used Legendary Pokémon's pokedex though. I wouldn't have the other "hint" up if every Pokédex had the abilities in the same order, but after checking some others, it was a mess. So yeah, basically, if you used Serebii's, or even the Shoddy team builder, it would be difficult.

As for the hint, no, no tree is the hint. Check the image again:

[Image: check-i41-tinypic-vxg0w7-png]

I took my time to reupload it in Tinyurl, so check its url: http://tinyurl.com/check-i41-tinypic-vxg0w7-png

Do what it tells you and: http://i41.tinypic.com/vxg0w7.png

I remembered that back in the day, in that "Guess the Pokémon" game, people were checking my url's for finding the Pokémon so I thought some of you would do it now too. Oh well, hint or no hint, Charizard outsmarts you dudes.
Yoyoyoyoyoyo!
Got a new one for you!
Challenge 18: Name The Soldier

pretty much self explanatory
[Image: giveitatry.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Reference URL's