As their release date approaches, many magazine have reviews about Diamond and Pearl in Japan. Reportedly Famitsu gives Diamond&Pearl a score of 35/40. By comparison Ruby&Sapphire got a score of 33/40 while Nintendogs got 40/40.
- Naetoru has the attacks Tackle,Withdraw, Absorb, Razor Leaf, Curse, Bite, Mega Drain, Leech Seed, Synthesis, Crunch, Giga Drain and Leaf Storm
- Hikozaru has the attacks Scratch, Leer, Ember, Taunt, Fury Swipes, Flame Wheel, Scheme, Torment, Facade, Fire Spin, Slack Off and Flamethrower
- Pochama has the attacks Pound, Growl, Bubble, Water Sport, Peck, Bide, Bubblebeam, Fury Attack, Tide, Whirlpool, Mist, Drill Peck and Hydro Pump
- Mukkuru has the attacks Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack, Wing Attack, Double Team, Endeavour, Whirlwind, Aerial Ace, Take Down, Agility and Brave Bird
- Bippa has the attacks Tackle, Growl, Defense Curl, Rollout, Headbutt, Hyper Fang, Yawn, Amnesia, Take Down, Super Fang and Superpower
- Korobooshi is #015 in the Shinou Dex and presumably #401 in the National Pokédex
- Korinku is #017 in the Shinou Dex and presumable #403 in the National Pokédex. It has the attacks: Tackle, Leer, Charge, Bite, Spark, Roar, Swagger, Crunch, Thunder Fang, Scary Face and Discharge.
- Magikarp has the Shinou Dex of #023, Gyarados has #024, Pichu has #103, Pikachu has #104, Raichu has #105, Hoothoot has #106 and Noctowl has #107.
- Munchlax knows a new attack called Reminiscent Headbutt. It’s details are not known.
- Weavile knows an attack called Dark Wave. Its Details are not known.
- Mime Jr. knows an attack called WakeUp Slap. Its Details are not known.
- Contrary to what other sites are reporting, it seems that it is NOT necessary to complete the Shinou Dex to get the National Dex. However this is not 100% confirmed.
- Tide is an attack known by Pochama. It is a Water type with Base Power of 60. If the user’s HP is below 50%, then its power is doubled.
- Leaf Storm is an attack not dis-similar to Overheat and Meteoric Swarm. After it’s used, the users Special Attack sharply falls.
- Brave Bird is an attack not dis-similar to Double Edge. Being a Flying type attack, it also causes recoil to the user.
- Discharge has a Power of 80 and a chance of Paralysis. It hits everyone.
- More Attack Classifications (Physical, Special & Other) have also been revealed:
- Physical: Hyper Fang, Flame Wheel, Bide, Crunch, Bite, Electric Fang, Endeavor, Facade, Rollout, Struggle, Headbutt, Spark, Tackle, Peck, Wing Attack, Aerial Ace, Quick Attack, Take Down, Drill Peck, Superpower, Pound, Scratch, Super Fang, Brave Bird, Fury swipes, Fury Attack, and Razor Leaf
- Special: Bubble, Whirlpool, Flamethrower, Gigadrain, Tide, Absorb, Hydropump, Bubblebeam, Ember, Discharge, FireSpin, Megadrain, Leaf Storm
- Other: Taunt, Swagger, Double Team, Withdraw, Synthesis, Agility, Scary Face, Charge, Mist, Amnesia, Growl, Slackoff, Leer, Curse, Splash, Whirlwind, Roar, Defense Curl, Water Sport, Leech Seed, Scheme, Torment
And here are some spoilers about the game’s plot:
- At the start of the game, you see a newscast about a Red Gyarados sighting. Thats right, the Red Gyarados makes a return. With the TV Report in mind, you go to your Rival’s house and head to Trust Lake to try and see it. However when you get there you are attacked by Mukkuru and get to pick your starter Pokémon to fight them off. Your Rival gets the Pokémon that is strong against yours.
- You then go to Futaba to get the Running Shoes from your mother and head to Masago Town where the Professor gives you the Pokémon you chose and the Pokédex.
- You meet your other rival, Kouki if its Male or Hikari if its Female, who shows you around Masago Town. Afterwards you go to Futaba Town to get the Adventure Note (Unknown what that does) from your Mother and a parcel for your rival to be delivered to him.
- In Kotobuki City, you get the Town Map from your rival. Kotobuki has loads of areas to explore including a TV Station, Trainer School and the Pokétch Company. You have to answer questions correctly from 3 people around the City to get the Pokétch.
On Route 202, Kouki/Hikari will be there to meet you and show you how to capture Pokémon. They give you the 5 extra Pokéballs and they have the Starter Pokémon that is weak to yours.