The LegendaryPKMN community is welcome to people of all ages, and fosters conversations in both English and Greek. Our interests mainly meet around the Pokémon franchise, gaming and of course, current affairs in general.
We do our best to maintain appropriate language in conversations, but if you are under 18 years of age go ahead and inform your parents about joining our community, and of course parents are welcome in joining us too!
Our community currently lives on Discord, a modern discussion platform suited for gamers, and our IRC channel. If you’re an old-timer, also see the historical archive of the —now defunct— Legendary Pokémon Forums, from 2005-2016.
Our IRC chatroom has been in continuous operation since 2001, fostering an evergreen friendly community of its own. IRC, short for Internet Relay Chat, is how people have communicated in real-time since 1988. Although its popularity has fallen since 2003, it remains the most liberal and open means of textual, real-time communication.
You can start chatting using the embedded client provided below, or use your preferred IRC client, as long it supports SSL encryption. One such popular and lightweight client is HexChat (available for Windows, Linux and MacOS).
To join the conversation, connect to server irc.darkscience.net on port 6697 and join the #legendary_pokemon channel, or simply use the client below:
All IRC clients support text commands through the same text input box that you can use to talk. All such commands begin with a / character.
- Connect to our chat by typing /server irc.darkscience.net:6697 and then /join #legendary_pokemon
- Change your nickname with /nick new_nickname
- Register your nickname with /ns register your_password your_e-mail but make sure to use a real e-mail address. Later identify (sign in) using your nickname with /ns identify your_password
- Talk privately to someone by double clicking on their name or with /query their_nickname your_message
Netiquette, or “The Rules”
This is a civilized space for public discussion, and the following rules apply to all community members, including moderators and long-time regulars.
TL;DR: Treat others with respect and be kind, or get out.
- Be cool. Don’t post insulting, bullying, victim-blaming, racist, sexist, or homophobic remarks.
- Please do not post, or link to stuff that you do not have the legal right to distribute.
- Stay on topic and do not spam. Refrain from roleplaying fictional conversations. Do not ever blatantly advertise or attempt to scam others.
- Do not pretend to have authority. Report the bad and avoid contentless comments. Report abusing moderators to other moderators.
- We have the right to delete an account or content at any time for any reason. Remember to export your data right after making dodgy comments.
- Do not try to work around the rules. These are not hard and fast rules, merely aids to the human judgment of our community.
Based on the community rules of Boing Boing.