A new trailer, which you can watch above, has been uploaded on the official Pokémon Youtube page and it reveals the final evolutions of the Alola region starters along with a couple more new Pokémon.
- Rowlet’s final evolution is called Decidueye. It’s Grass/Ghost-type and its signature move, Spirit Shackle, prevents the foe from switching out.
- Litten’s final evolution is Incineroar. It’s Fire/Dark-type and learns the move Darkest Lariat which deals damage while ignoring stat changes.
- Popplio’s final evolution, Primarina, is Water/Fairy-type. It learns the move Sparkling Aria which heals the burns of its target.
- Tapu Lele, Tabu Bulu and Tapu Fini, along with the already revealed Tapu Koko, are the guardians of the Alolan islands. Tapu Lele is Psychic/Fairy-type and its ability, Psychic Surge, changes the field to Psychic Terrain. Psychic Terrain boosts the power of any Psychic-type moves used by Pokémon on the ground and preventing them from being hit by priority moves. Tapu Bulu is Grass/Fairy-type and its ability, Grassy Surge, turns the field into Grassy Terrain. Tapu Fini is Water/Fairy-type and its ability, Misty Surge, changes the field to Misty Terrain. Finally, all 4 Tapu Pokémon learn a unique Z-move called Guardian of Alola.
- Cosmog, the Nebula Pokémon, is a Psychic-type Pokémon with the ability Unaware. It is said to be extremely rare and is being researched by the Aether Foundation.
- The leaked Alolan Persian was officially revealed. It’s a pure Dark-type Pokémon with the abilities Fur Coat and Technician.
- The trailer also reveals that there is no Pokémon League in the Alola region yet, although there are plans to build one on top of a certain mountain. However, there’s a new feature, the Battle Tree where you can battle against of team up with significant trainers from previous games, including Cynthia, Wally, Red and Blue.