Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: My Little Brony: Fandoms are Magic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Hello folks, and yes, this is yet another of my famous threads. I've noticed on this forum that there are a good number of bronies that are here as well. For those of you who don't know, bronies are fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. The CATCH, is that they are outside the targeted range of audience, usually being adult males between 20 and 45, which is a demographic that makes up a third of all people who watch the show. If this sounds weird to some of you, let me reassure you that they like it for a good reason. My Little Pony is actually a pretty good cartoon, complete with character development, plot twists, dynamic characters, 4th wall breaking, and references to movies such as The Thunder Dome, Star Wars, and James Bond. ANYWAYS, back to my main point. I've created this thread for the purpose of us bronies on the site to discuss the show and any parts of the fandom. This is also a good place for non bronies to more or less ask why people like the show, so that we can explain it better, or for them to say how they feel about bronies and My Little Pony in general. Everyone's opinion matters, after all. Now, let the love and tolerance...BEGIN!!!
Right, we should have started a similar thread earlier.

So, a good point to start would be argui, ummm expressing our opinions I mean about the best pony. I think that from the entire show the best one is Luna and from the main chars Spike Toungue Joking aside I like Twilight the most and then Rainbow Dash from the protagonists.
I've honestly found Fluttershy to always be the best pony, even before I started watching the show. Before I was a brony though, the only reason why I liked Fluttershy was because I believed that she could use FUS RO DAH. Now, after becoming a brony, I love Fluttershy because she's just so adorable she makes me DAAAAAWWWW out loud. Speaking of which, I've noticed that to be a brony, you have to be willing to appreciate cuteness. Which is more than I can say about some people.
The reason I liked Luna is the pic below and probably the main reason I decided to watch the show. And also the ep she made her appearance was pretty funny, especially how she was trying to be likeable to everypony but she ended up terrifying the whole Ponyville.

As for Fluttershy, she acts hillariously sometimes (especially at the beginning of Sonic Rainboom Big Grin) but for some reason I can't say I adore her.

This is the video that introduced me to MLP.
It begins.

In my opinion, Pinkie Pie is best pony followed by Fluttershy. I've noticed that a lot of people's favourite ponies relate to their personalities. I, for example, am quite shy towards people I don't know well (even to the point of being nonexistent) but once I warm up, I tend to joke a lot and say random stuff.

As for secondary characters, I like Discord, Luna, the Cake twins and Nightmare Moon.
(09-04-2012 11:35 PM)Terraplant Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed that a lot of people's favourite ponies relate to their personalities.

The same usually happens in every show/anime/game/movie people enjoy. It's always easier to like a char you can relate to or you would like to be like him/her.

So judging from the fandom and their opinions this is probably why Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are most times #1. Also this should be the reason that not many people like Applejack (yeah, honesty and hard-working aren't qualities easily found on the internet).
(09-04-2012 11:48 PM)Divided by Zer0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2012 11:35 PM)Terraplant Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed that a lot of people's favourite ponies relate to their personalities.

The same usually happens in every show/anime/game/movie people enjoy. It's always easier to like a char you can relate to or you would like to be like him/her.

So judging from the fandom and their opinions this is probably why Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are most times #1. Also this should be the reason that not many people like Applejack (yeah, honesty and hard-working aren't qualities easily found on the internet).

She's also quite unsupported in terms of episodes centered around her. I mean, the latest AJ episode was shaded by Derpy's appearance.
(10-04-2012 12:13 AM)Terraplant Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2012 11:48 PM)Divided by Zer0 Wrote: [ -> ]

She's also quite unsupported in terms of episodes centered around her. I mean, the latest AJ episode was shaded by Derpy's appearance.

Well, everyone loves Derpy, after all. But what about other backround ponies? In my opinion, Lyra is the best backround pony. Not just for being cute looking, but also because she's the only pony that sits like a person would normally sit. Here, I'll get a picture just to show you what I mean.
[Image: fRjEx.gif?1321847040]
Yeah. There's a whole meme going around about that.
I am aware of Lyra and her human tendencies, but in terms of backround ponies, the best ones are Derpy and Dr. Whooves.
(10-04-2012 12:25 AM)Terraplant Wrote: [ -> ]I am aware of Lyra and her human tendencies, but in terms of backround ponies, the best ones are Derpy and Dr. Whooves.

Next, we'll see her walking on two legs and wearing pants.
Well, from the background ponies I also like Lyra a lot but truth si I don't pay much attention too them. I didn't know that Lyra appeared so many times, i just noticed her in a couple of eps. Also that DJ pony (Vinyl the name, I think?) is also pretty good. And Derpy, of course.
(10-04-2012 01:15 AM)Divided by Zer0 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, from the background ponies I also like Lyra a lot but truth si I don't pay much attention too them. I didn't know that Lyra appeared so many times, i just noticed her in a couple of eps. Also that DJ pony (Vinyl the name, I think?) is also pretty good. And Derpy, of course.

Full name is Vinyl Scratch. It's amusing that she and octavia got only a few seconds of screentime and immediately caught on with the fandom.
(10-04-2012 11:08 AM)Terraplant Wrote: [ -> ]Full name is Vinyl Scratch. It's amusing that she and octavia got only a few seconds of screentime and immediately caught on with the fandom.

Yeah, when I started watching the 1st season I was sure that there were whole eps dedlicated to all these ponies I've seen in various sites (Derpy, Luna, Lyra etc) but most of them just make some minor appearances, sometimes without even saying a word. Anyway, from what I've heard, Derpy will get an ep probably in the next season, right?
(10-04-2012 01:57 PM)Divided by Zer0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-04-2012 11:08 AM)Terraplant Wrote: [ -> ]Full name is Vinyl Scratch. It's amusing that she and octavia got only a few seconds of screentime and immediately caught on with the fandom.

Yeah, when I started watching the 1st season I was sure that there were whole eps dedlicated to all these ponies I've seen in various sites (Derpy, Luna, Lyra etc) but most of them just make some minor appearances, sometimes without even saying a word. Anyway, from what I've heard, Derpy will get an ep probably in the next season, right?

Well, things are a bit risky with Derpy as she did get an appearance in an episode but she was found to be offensive and she was edited. So, it seems unlikely.

Also Luna has her own episode. A memetastic one, may I add.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Reference URL's