- Water Absorb The Pokémon heals up to 1/4 of it’s maximum Hit Points when hit with Water-type moves or Damp Explosion and Selfdestruct will not work while the Pokémon is on the field.
- Base Stats
HP90 Attack75 Defense75 Sp.Atk90 Sp.Def100 Speed70
- Politoed is nearly the opposite of Poliwrath, relying more on his Special attacks rather than its Physical ones so the Belly Drum moveset presented in Poliwrath’s moveset is kind of wasted here, yet not impossible. Their movepools are almost identical but Politoed is best suited in the role of a Special Sweeper.
- Strategy against Politoed
- Politoed has very decent stats, with a formidable Special Defense. Eventhough super efefctuve hits such as Thunderbolt and Leaf Blade might seriously harm it, they won’t bring it down inone blow. Consider using strong Physical attacks such as Earthquake or moves that will debilitate it, buying you time to knock it out.
- Online Pokédex
Role: Special Sweeper
- Item Held
- Salac Berry (Speed increases when Hit Points drop low)
- Timid (+Speed –Attack)
- Effort Points
- 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
- By allocating your EVs into Speed and with a beneficial nature, Politoed will probably be very fast and always strike first, eventhough Baton Passing some will not hurt it. With three strong and accurate moves, Politoed is sure to have the upper hand. Psychic’s added effect is always welcome, while the chance of freezing the opponent is not to be forgotten. Use Hidden Power as a filler with any other Special type in order to be even more versatile.
These are the moves Poliwag can learn through breeding with Pokémon of the Water 1 Egg Group. Click here for the Pokémon it can get them from.
This section is to advise you on the areas in which you can train for the acquisition of the Effort Points presented above. It is recommended you use 10 vitamins on the stat you desire to raise. Do not use vitamins on stats that require less than 100 Effort Points. Equip the Macho Brace on your Pokémon to speed up the process even more.
- Rusturf Tunner [Wishmur +1]
- Special Attack
- Route 113 [Spinda +1]
- Route 118 [Elektrike +1] [Manectric +2] [Zigzagoon +1] [Linoone +2] [Wingull +1]
- Fire Red/Leaf Green
- Viridian Forest [Caterpie +1]
- Special Attack
- Pokémon Tower [Gastly +1] [Haunter +2]
- Route 1 [Pidgey +1] [Rattata +1]
- Diglett’s Cave [Diglett +1] [Dugtrio +2]
- Item Held
- Blue Scarf
- Mild, Modest, Rash or Quiet
- Contest Moveset
- Hydro Pump [Beauty]
- Surf [Beauty]
- Dive [Beauty]
- Water Pulse [Beauty]
The above moveset is quire obvious. Dive and Surf make an excellent combo but keep in mind that Surf depends on the previous’ Pokémon’s appeal and Dive will make you impervious once. Use Hydro Pump for a standard amount of Appeal Points and Water Pulse if you wish to turn the tables around, by scrambling the next round turn of appeals.
Useful Links: If you are not familiar with game language used above, read through the
Stats & Training Guide, the Team Building Guide and the Egg Group Guide. More guides shall be added soon to help you out. If you have suggestions on additional movesets for either Battles or Contests, please post them in the Comments section. I will then evaluate them and probably add some of them, giving you credit.