Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Diamond and Pearl Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I opened this thread for you to post your pokemon diamond poke teams. I'll post mine soon...
Ok there goes mine:
I use this team only for double battles

Dusknoir
Calm @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
Ev’s: 235 Sp. Def, 235 Defense, 40 Hp

Moveset:
Curse
Rest
Mean Look
Confuse Ray

I use this as a tank. Firstly I do mean looks to ensure that my opponent won't switch pokemon and then confuse rays and curses. Finally rest to refill my hp.

Blissey

Bold @ Lelftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Ev’s: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Sp. Defense.

Moveset
Aromatherapy
Softboiled
Light Screen
Ice Beam

This Blissey is my healer. Softboiled along with leftovers and great defences and Hp can resist many attacks. Aromatherapy to cure special conditions on my pokemon and light screen to reduce the damage taken from special attacks.

Umbreon
Bold @ leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
Ev’s: 252Hp, 129Def, 129 Sp. def

Moveset:
Moonlight
Toxic
Confuse Ray
Attract

This is my annoyer Umbreon. First attract to each of my opponent’s pokemon possible to lower the possibilities of taking damage from them. Then Confuse Ray and toxic again to both of my opponents pokemon and moonlight to restore Hp.

Glaceon

Modest @ Salac Berry
Trait: Snow Clock
Ev’s: 235 Sp. Attack, 40 Sp. Defense, 235 Speed

Moveset
Ice Beam
Hail
Blizzard
Avalanche

This is my special sweeper. To begin with, I use Hail to ensure that Blizzard won’t miss and continue by attacking. By using hail Glaceon’s evasion rises due to it’s ability.

Dragonite

Lonely @ Lum Berry
Trait: Inner focus
Ev’s: 252 Attack, 129 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed

Moveset:
Dragon Dance
Thunderbolt
Earthquake
Fly / Brick Break

This Dragonite is one of my physical sweepers and a kind of special sweeper too. I begin with one or two dragon dances and then keep attacking.

Metagross

Adamant @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
Ev’s: 252 Attack, 129 Sp. Defense, 129 Speed

Moveset:
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Brick Break
Confuse Ray

This is another physical sweeper. Physical Sweeping with it’s three attacks and confuse ray.

Please make some comments and tell me if I should change anything.
I´ve no time to analyze your team right now, but I´ll give you some tips:
Always use effort points that are multiple of 4. For instance: don´t use 129, use 128. It´s because each 4 EP you give, you receive a stat boost. If you give more or less than 4, you wasted points.
Your pokemon will be more resistant with 252 HP, split the rest on both defences till they´re equal than if you max its Def and SDef and put the rest on HP.
Try to balance your weaknesses and attacks. For instance: too many physical attacks will leave you vulnerable to high defence pokemon like Skarmory, and too many special ones will make you lose to Blisseys.
If you wanna try double battles, how about using the basic leviquake? (earthquake+flying/levitating partner) It´s the most common thing there.
If you´re using slow pokemon, give Trick Room a try.Wink
all of glaceons attacks are ice... what if glaceons ur last pokemon? you should have water pulse or shadow ball. and avalanche wont do much, because its a physical attack and your glaceons modest. mine knows shadow ball and mirror coat...
I will second treecko's words here. Don't pin yourself down with only one type of attacks bud.

[rant]I wish I knew more about D&P. I feel old![/rant]
does blizzard always hit during hail, like thunder always hitting during rain?
Yes and tat's why i'm thinking of changing Glaceon' moveset to

Hail
Blizzard
Shadow Ball
Water Pulse

Well, what do you think?
well,i perfer ice beam over blizzard by a lot, 1 because ice beam has more pp,2 because if the weather is changed, or a golduck with cloud nine is on the feild, then blizzardhas low acc,and 3 because glaceons sp. atk is high enough that ice beam could one hit ko a lot of stuff.
im not sure if its well enough to support water pulse to a full extent, but it should ko most rock types, since they usually have mediocre sp. defense or are part ground. im not sure about fire types, but it might1hit ko them, if they have low enough sp.def and hp.
OK, now I´ll really analyze your team!Big Grin
Well, I´m from the only double battles clan on NB, so... be pleasured to have your team analyzed by me! xD (Just joking... I´m not so cockyToungue)

Dusknoir:
To use Curse is too risked, because many times you´ll be facing 2 sweepers. It´s possible that:
- Both attack Dusknoir in the first turn or in the second. Although Dusknoir has great defences, it can´t survive 2 powerful attacks in a row with more than half of its HP. When you use Curse then... you killed yourself.
Your strategy is to simply use Mean Look and then Curse, right? That works well in singles, but is bad in doubles, since it can´t lock both opponents in field. If you wanna trap them, how about using Dugtrio´s Arena Trap or Wobbuffet´s Shadow Tag? But if you use Dugtrio, Dugtrio dies with the first move (its defences are really bad), and if you use Wobbuffet, the foes will attack only you Dusknoir (nobody would try to be counterattacked by Wobbuffet, you know...)

Blissey
Nice moveset... but I would replace Light Screen with Protect. Light Screen may make your team less vulnerable to special moves, but the most common moves on doubles are physical ones. And Protect is something vital to double battles, specially if your Blissey is facing 2 physical sweepers.
For instance:
- You´re using Blissey & anything else. The foe is using 2 physical sweepers.
- If the foe is an expert trainer, he knows that Blissey can survive a physical move and try counter later. So, both opponents will attack Blissey.
- If you use Protect then, the foe will waste one turn attacking in vain while Blissey´s partner may kill one of the foes.Wink
For last, I guess that Seismic Toss would be better than Ice Beam. Blissey´s SATK is too medium for causing damage without being a super-effective move.

Umbreon:
It´s pointless to have both Moonlight and Hail in the same team, since Moonlight recover less HP when the weather isn´t sunny or none. Confuse Ray and Attract doesn´t work very well on doubles too, because the foe will simply switch out, canceling the effects, while the partner can still move. But it could work well if both your pokemon were using Attract/Confuse Ray in both foes.
How about trying Taunt or Helping Hand? Umbreon can survive some moves, so it can use Taunt effectively. And Taunt disrupts baton passing strategies, as well as the common Follow Me.

Glaceon:
The new moveset looks good somehow. Ah, and I heard that in D/P, Hail ups Blizzard accuracy. But keep in mind that Blizzard´s power is halved, since it hits both foes (although it still has some power... 75 isn´t so bad. Toungue)

Dragonite:
Avoid using mixed sweepers, specially if they´re not fast, like Dragonite. If you wanna try, at least use a partner with Follow Me, so you can protect Dragonite while it dragon dances.

Metagross:
Nice, but I would replace Confuse Ray with Explosion.Wink Explosion hits everything in field, so be sure to switch out to Dusknoir or to use Protect with its partner.

Well, keep in mind somethings:
- Protect is a must and vital for double battles. If you predict well the foe´s moves, Protect is your trumph card. (is it how it´s written? xD)
- More than ever, you must think in your pokemon like a team and make them have good and synchronous moves. For instance... only your Glaceon can benefit from Hail, and Hail disrupts your Umbreon´s recovery. And if you use Earthquake but your partner isn´t a flying/levitating pokemon and has no Protect/Detect, you´ll kill him.
That helped me a lot Aluado. You really give very good advice Big Grin

Ok I switched Glaceon with Latios and changed movesets

Blissey:
Seismic Toss
Protect
Aromatherapy
Softboiled

Umbreon
Mean Look
Confuse Ray
Taunt
Protect

Dusknoir
Protect
Pain Split
Will-o-wisp
Shadow Ball

Metagross:
Explosion
Earthquake
Brick Break
Meteor Mash

Latios
Psychic
Calm mind
Roost
Dragon Claw

Dragonite
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Safeguard
Aerial Ace

I think it's better now
Looks better, but there´s still some space to improvement.Wink
Let´s see...

Your Blissey looks OK to me.
Mean Look is kinda hard to use well on double battles. If you´re having difficulties with it, replace it with Toxic.
Dusknoir looks OK... but... Shadow Ball is a special move, and Dusknoir´s SAtk is really lower than its Atk. Replace it with a physical move. It might be useful too to have imprision+protect+(maybe)earthquake, so you could take off 3 common moves from the foes.Wink
Metagross look good.
Latios shouldn´t have a physical move (Dragon Claw). How about Ice Beam? And you may have a hard time using Calm Mind without Follow Me, but it still can work if you use the right strategy.
I don´t think that Safeguard is too necessary on double battles. Status-inducing moves are less common... well, at least on advanced generation.Toungue
For last, I guess your team needs one more special sweeper. But I just guess.Toungue
if you want a dragon type move on latios, then you need dragon pulse, but ice beam is super-effective to dragon types too. for dusknoir, use shadow punch. its physical, so it should do more, but your dusknoir also needs a careful nature, unless it has a really hgh attack iv. mines calm too, but thats b/c i was chaining dusclops, then a stupid chatot appeared... but mine has a high attack iv. actually, all of its ivs are 24 or higher.

This is a double battle team i used yesterday on wifi. I won with it, 5-0, so i think i'll post it.

Infernape
Adamant@ Shell Bell
Flare Blizt
Close Combat
Thunder Punch
U-turn
*He was in the first slot.
He has a 30 iv in attack, so he almost always onehit ko's. if i use close combat too much, i use uturn to withdraw and do damage. Thunder Punch for starmie and slowbro, and the occasional tentacruel.

Togekiss
Calm@ Leftovers
Softboiled
Follow Me
Encore
Air Slash
*second slot.
has a 28 iv in sp. atk, so if it cant tank something, it can sweep it. it can single battle, but not properly, as it is meant for double battles.

Sceptile
Modest@ Wide Lens
Energy Ball
Focus Blast
Dragon Pulse
Leaf Storm
"SlicenDice" has a 29 iv in sp. atk and is my pride and joy. leaf storm is there when he is low on health. dragon pulse and focus blast are the only 2 other sp. attacks that he can use properly.

Espeon
Hasty@ Wise Glasses
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Grass Knot
Morning Sun
29 iv in speed, but a 17( i think) sp. atk. it outruns and kills almost everything, as a 348 speed and 345 sp.atk is something to fear. i would want calm mind, but i have to settle for morning sun; i need to get another calm mind. lol.

Blissey
Bold@ Leftovers( lol 2)
Seismic Toss
Softboiled
Aromatherapy
Counter
-.- no explanation needed.
Jumpluff
Jolly@Brightpowder
Aerial Ace
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
Encore
has incredible longevity with togekiss using follow me while it sleep powders and leeches. it ko'ed the most stuff, and was the only one that ko'ed ppl except infernape and togekiss; it was an easy battle so i didnt have to use sceptile or espeon. it got burnt by the end, and a blissey came out to heal the other team, but i didnt leech it first.

My stategy was to use u-turn if there was a threat to infernape, while having togekiss use follow me. the guy had a torterra, so i switched to jumpluff and used encore. he had a dragonite too, but i put it to sleep, causing him to switch to lapras, while torterra was still using e/q, doing 1/3 to lapras, who then got put to sleep and then air slashed! i had fun using this team, but i think it needs someones suggestion.
Nice team treeko3453. I would suggest to make use of the commonly used EQ + Levitate / Flying pokemon but leaving your team like this is very good.
Me, I changed my whole team nearly
Here it is
Jumpluff
Stun Spore
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Encore

Gengar
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Giga Drain
Perish Song

Ninetales
Fire Spin
Will-o-wisp
Flamethrower
Protect

Dusknoir
Pain Split
Earthquake
Imprison
Protect

Metagross
Explosion
Brick Break
Earthquake
Protect

Dragonite
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Roost
Protect

I don't care about Ev's, natures etc right now I just try to find some good pokes with good moveset. I don't think that it is necessary to tell my strategy etc... I think it's obvious. Just tell me if I should change anythin (pokemon, moves). I should tell you that I use only for DB

P.S Sorry for posting my team all the time but you are the only ones who can help me since none of my friends know the game mechanics, pokemon roles etc...
i dont think that you should have stun spore and sleep powder on one pokemon. sleep is better. and on jumpluff, you need somesort of offensive move. if someone uses taunt, you use struggle.
also having 2 ghost types could put you at risk from other ghost and darktypes. and both of your ghost types have nothing to protect them from ghost types; basically, im saying they have no STAB ghost moves. shadow ball for gengar and shadow punch for dusknoir. and imprison wont work well with your dusknoirs moveset. and only 2 of your pokemon are weak to ground type moves, so e/q wont be as useful as it should be. plus, dusknoir isnt much on giving out attacks as it is soaking them up. enough of your pokemon know e/q as well. 2 fire type moves on ninetales isnt good, but i see where you're going with fire spin, since it traps the foe, while they die of perish song. if you will use fire spin, then you might think about changing flamethrower to something else. if you want it to be offensive, have it be energyball, dark pulse, or extrasensory. supportive, be safeguard. or just have confuse ray. i dont know much about metagross or dragonite, so, from my eyes they look fine to me, as i think dragon is a horrible offensive type, as is steel, so...
You´re improving, guys... xD
If you wanna try Perish Song, be careful because it affects your partner too. If you want, try Wobbuffet´s Shadow Tag or Dugtrio´s Arena Trap to prevent the foes from escaping while perish song is in effect.Smile
Nice Dusknoir! Imprision will block all the common and needed moves! Used together with a partner that can explode... hurt a lot.^^ (Imprision + Explosion = Implosion!xD)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Reference URL's