- Shed Skin (Has 1/3 chance per turn to heal from a status condition)/Intimidate (Lowers your opponents’ Attack stat by 1 stage)
- Base Stats
- HP: 60
- Attack: 85
- Defense: 69
- Special Attack: 65
- Special Defense: 79
- Speed: 80
- Online Pokédex
- Click here
Arbok’s stats are all below average except for Attack which is just average. Eventhough, its movepool is quite varied its only real purpose is to Intimidate –the only obvious trait it should possess- as it obviously has not enough Defenses to support it.
- Item Held
- Salac Berry (raises Speed when HP are low)/Liechi Berry (raises Attack when HP are low)/Choice Band (Increases move’s power but only the selected move can be used until switched)
- Jolly (+Speed –Special Attack)/Adamant (+Attack –Special Attack)
- Effort Points
- 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
- Sludge Bomb
- Rock Slide/Hidden Power Rock
Role: Physical Sweeper
The strategy is obvious. Focus on your Attack stat and sweep! However it would be wise to Baton Pass Arbok some Attack and some Speed, probably with a Ninjask.
These are the moves Ekans can learn through breeding with Pokémon of the Ground and/or Dragon Egg Group, and the Pokémon it can get them from.
This section is to advise you on the areas in which you can train for the acquisition of the Effort Points presented above. It is recommended you use 10 vitamins on the stat you desire to raise. Do not use vitamins on stats that require less than 100 Effort Points. Equip the Macho Brace on your Pokémon to speed up the process even more.
- Rusturf Tunner [Wishmur +1]
- Fish with Super Rod on Route 118 [Carvanha +1]
- Route 118 [Elektrike +1] [Manectric +2] [Zigzagoon +1] [Linoone +2] [Wingull +1]
- Fire Red/Leaf Green
- Viridian Forest [Caterpie +1]
- Routes 16, 18 [Doduo +1] [Dodrio +2]
- Routes 13 to 15 [Pidgey +1] [Pidgeotto +2]
- Diglett’s Cave [Diglett +1] [Dugtrio +2]
- Item Held
- Yellow Scarf
- Contest Moveset
- Double-Edge [Tough]
- Earthquake [Tough]
- Spite [Tough]
- Slam [Tough]
- Appeal Time:
- Round 1: Double-Edge
- Round 2: Earthquake
- Round 3: Double-Edge
- Round 4: Earthquake
- Round 5: Spite
So let’s see… This one is kinda… Tough! Arbok’s moveset works best for a Tough or Smart contest but I might add Smart when I come up with a good combo. Double-Edge gives a particularly good amount of Appeal Points but the Pokémon is more easily startled, so you might want to use it when last in row. Slam and Earthquake are both moves that seriously jam the opponent but give away few appeal pointa. Spite is tricky; depending on how many times you have appealed, you receive a respective number of Appeal Points, so it should be used last. Guiding you through the process is kinda hard as you will have to choose to either use a combo or a high-appeal move.If anyone has come up with a better set, please do tell so in the comments.
Useful Links: If you are not familiar with game language used above, read through the
Stats & Training Guide, the Team Building Guide and the Egg Group Guide. More guides shall be added soon to help you out. If you have suggestions on additional movesets for either Battles or Contests, please post them in the Comments section. I will then evaluate them and probably add some of them, giving you credit.