Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
At last GrassDragon's wish was granted.I like the designs of both Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert.Can't wait to see their stats.I agree that the teams' designs are not that great but I wait till I see them ingame.Also mach bike ftw!!!
(07-06-2014 11:01 PM)tzanakos Wrote: [ -> ]At last GrassDragon's wish was granted.I like the designs of both Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert.Can't wait to see their stats.I agree that the teams' designs are not that great but I wait till I see them ingame.Also mach bike ftw!!!

I don't think GD would like a Grass/Dragon with Lightning Rod Toungue

Seriously,couldn't they think of a worse ability? I mean 4x resistant to Electric.They could think of a better ability.

Also,I'm quite disappointed with Mega Diancie.
Remember what they told us?Only Gen1-5 Pokemon would recieve a Mega Evolution.
Gen1:Venusaur,Charizard (X+Y),Blastoise,Alakazam,Gengar,Kangaskhan,Pinsir,Gyarados,Aerodactyl,Mewtwo (X+Y) Total: 12
Gen2:Ampharos,Scizor,Heracross,Tyranitar Total:4
Gen3:Sceptile,Blaziken,Swampert,Gardevoir,Mawile,Aggron,Medicham,Manectric,Banet​te,Absol,Latios,Latias Total:12
Gen4:Garchomp,Lucario,Abomasnow Total:3
Gen5: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! A giant 0
Gen6:Diancie Total:1

We need more Gen2+4 Mega evolutions as well. We can't compare Gen1's and Gen3's 12 with Gen2's 4 and Gen4's 3.
(07-06-2014 11:41 PM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2014 11:01 PM)tzanakos Wrote: [ -> ]At last GrassDragon's wish was granted.I like the designs of both Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert.Can't wait to see their stats.I agree that the teams' designs are not that great but I wait till I see them ingame.Also mach bike ftw!!!

Forget the ability, I got a Grass/Dragon Mega Sceptile!!!!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I'm sooooo in Heart with Mega Sceptile's design!!!!!!!

The other designs for the characters and Megas are pretty good too.
(08-06-2014 01:55 AM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2014 11:41 PM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]

Forget the ability, I got a Grass/Dragon Mega Sceptile!!!!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I'm sooooo in Heart with Mega Sceptile's design!!!!!!!

The other designs for the characters and Megas are pretty good too.

hue hue hue mega septiul cunfurmed
But in all seriousness, GRASSDRAGON CONFIRMED. If I choose Treecko I will christen it SassyGrassy.
(08-06-2014 04:54 AM)Kinjo Hirohito Wrote: [ -> ]If I choose Treecko I will christen it SassyGrassy.

If you choose Treecko? Don't you mean WHEN you choose Treecko?
Toungue

Those screenshots you can see look beautiful! I really love the trees on the one by Brendan's head....totally epic! and that water is beautiful!!!!
I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hyped now!
I'm confirmed and everything Big Grin
Haha, that's totally what I expected from Grassdragon. So, I like what I see so far. It seems that there are upgrades to the visuals, judging by what appears to be new water textures. Also, it's good to know that the Mach Bike and the Acro Bike will return, I loved them both so much.

About Megas, this is something I didn't expect. It appears that there's a new mega evolution item, so this may suggest that they're not tradeable and a simple patch can make them appear to the other's players screen in wifi battles. If they want them to be tradeable, things would get a bit more complicated but I hope they'll manage to work out something.

I like the new Mega as well, Sceptile looks great despite the new ability. If it has solid stats and a greater movepool it could work quite good in competitive battling. On the other hand, Swampert is uglier but I still like this bulky design. Its potential is also great, with what seems to be greater attack, defense and speed because of the ability. Diancie was something I certainly didn't expect but at least they make it more interesting. I wonder why they didn't reveal its ability.

About the character designs, I didn't like at all the new Brendan and May but at least some small details like Brendan's tan may hint towards customisation. It would be a real shame if this feature didn't return. Team Aqua looks quite good and I love the pirate theme that is more prevalent than ever. Archie looks like a boss too. Team Magma is a bit underwhelming, other than Courtney's design that they really nailed. I don't get why they made Maxie a scientist. Also, good to see them mention Steven, I hope he's the champion. Too bad he gets a Mega Charizard X. It starts to get annoying that they promote X so much more than Y...

TL;DR HYPE. I hope this wasn't the E3 stuff but I in any case, we'll have the first proper footage there. I can't wait.
Hachi how can you ask for more Gen II megas when it was the generation with the least pokemon added.Also Gen IV had a lot of pokemon evolve from previous generations so it makes sense that there are that few megas in those two gens.About Gen V I think its ok.After all the whole concept was to draw the attention of those that used to play pokemon in previous gens and not the younger kids that started with Gen V.

Lightnigrod may not be a great coverage for its weaknesses but it can prove useful negating thunder wave(which probably is gona be needed if its as fast as Sceptile) and blocking volt switch.It may also be hinting that its Sp.Att is going to be its higher stat,or that it will be able to learn some Electric type moves.Last but not least think about multi battles with mega Manectric using Discharge and a mega Sceptile on its side getting its Sp.Att raised.I believe its a great ability overall,maybe not the best,but of course there are pros and cons in everything.
Lightning Rod could work great when Sceptile is paired with something like Gyarados. Also, it could work really well if it manages to learn Electrify. Yeah, it's not that bad. There were probably better options but still an immunity is better than a resistance and of course Lightning Rod is better than Overgrow.
(08-06-2014 09:46 AM)pekinoua Wrote: [ -> ]About Megas, this is something I didn't expect. It appears that there's a new mega evolution item, so this may suggest that they're not tradeable and a simple patch can make them appear to the other's players screen in wifi battles. If they want them to be tradeable, things would get a bit more complicated but I hope they'll manage to work out something.

[...]

About the character designs, I didn't like at all the new Brendan and May but at least some small details like Brendan's tan may hint towards customisation. It would be a real shame if this feature didn't return. Team Aqua looks quite good and I love the pirate theme that is more prevalent than ever. Archie looks like a boss too. Team Magma is a bit underwhelming, other than Courtney's design that they really nailed. I don't get why they made Maxie a scientist. Also, good to see them mention Steven, I hope he's the champion. Too bad he gets a Mega Charizard X. It starts to get annoying that they promote X so much more than Y...

Peke,why are you so concerned about the item that triggers them?
Korrina had the Mega Glove for her Lucario and Diancie had the Mega Charm.Calem's/Serena's Mega Ring is a bracelet,while Lysandre's Mega Ring was an actual ring.
As for the character designs,I keep saying it won't be a remake. Check the timeline. Toungue
Well, they didn't mention if the mega stones work the same way. The bangle could mean nothing but still it's suspicious to me. This may be the first time ever new forms will be available to older games, quite a thing, but they don't mention that at all.

Also, they're remakes, it's confirmed. RS had the original story, Emerald retells it and now these will retell it too. Different plot elements, changes in the world, different pokemon, different characters.The timeline doesn't have to make sense. It's not even something official, fans made it based on subtle hints. It's not like GameFreak seriously considers it. It's a world that originally had 151 Pokemon and now they miraculously discovered about 5 times more Pokemon.
Wow, Grassdragon, your wish came true! Good for you, man! Big Grin
I really liked all three starters' Mega Evolutions! Great! Btw, Groudon's new evolution is exactly the same, only its pattern is lit. At least Kyogre has a different pattern... Also, am I the only one to think Mega Diancie looks like Sailor Moon?? Toungue
(08-06-2014 09:46 AM)pekinoua Wrote: [ -> ]Too bad he gets a Mega Charizard X. It starts to get annoying that they promote X so much more than Y...

I've felt like that since the beginning because of all the hoopla when Mega Charizard X was revealed.....and it's inferior to Charizard Y imo.

(08-06-2014 03:52 PM)umbreon Wrote: [ -> ]Also, am I the only one to think Mega Diancie looks like Sailor Moon?? Toungue
Sailor Moon was my first impression too Toungue
I really don't see why Diance is gets a Mega Evo though.....I mean seriously? I thought none of the the Gen VI Pokemon were getting Mega Evos......does this mean they will? Will Gen V Pokemon get Megas too?

So much to consider......hopefully E3 and Pokemon GetTv will clear more of it up.
(08-06-2014 07:27 PM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't see why Diance is gets a Mega Evo though.....I mean seriously? I thought none of the the Gen VI Pokemon were getting Mega Evos......does this mean they will? Will Gen V Pokemon get Megas too?

So much to consider......hopefully E3 and Pokemon GetTv will clear more of it up.

Hmm, what's the next pokemon movie? Rolleyes
If that's the case.....the next movie better be Torterra and the Tree of Life or I'm going to storm Nintendo Toungue
(08-06-2014 07:27 PM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't see why Diance is gets a Mega Evo though.....I mean seriously? I thought none of the the Gen VI Pokemon were getting Mega Evos......does this mean they will? Will Gen V Pokemon get Megas too?

Thank you,GD!

I still hope for Mega Volcarona,Mega Darmanitan,Mega Golurk,Mega Krookodile and Mega Excadrill.
And the Gen5 Mega starters of course.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Reference URL's