Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Movesets discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Many times here, we were discusing movesets at the wrong threads, like Quick Question or the teams discusion threads (in these, we should better talk about all the team, not only about one pokémon).
So, I made this thread for anybody who wants to do it.

P.S.= Hey, if anyone wants to know good places for training, send a message to me. I've taken data of many sites and made a guide with things like: all the egg groups, a table with all pokémon and the efforts they give, etc. I'll share this with anyone who wants, just tell me!
i have also made a guide!! look at me. its the 2nd post and im all ready off topic.
okay. my mew still needs a moveset. i will keep psychic. im not sure about the others: ancientpower, metronome, and shadowball. i most likely willget rid of metro b/c mew2 knows it. i might keep s/b, since it has a 10% chance of lowering sp.D. for the other 2, not really sure.

then theres my raichu for my battle f. team. hes a sp/sw with rash nature, 137 sp.a, 114 at, and 122 spe. it knows shockwave, facade, thunderbolt, and volt tackle, facade is only for battle pike and im not sure if i should keep it after i get my symbol. i was thinking of trading it for thunderpunch. and should i keep shock wave? i also have no idea what item to give it. he gonna be with cacturne and latios, when i catch him. i've been searching 3 days for him. what moves for him? i was thinking psychic, luster purge, dragon claw, and i cant think of a last. maybe water pulse...
I'll give you a tip: NEVER, I said, NEVER use more then one sweeping move of the same type on your pokémon! (Like Shock Wave and Volt Tackle). It takes place of moves of another type that could be more useful. For example, what would your Raichu do against Golem?
Of course, you may use many moves of the same type, since only one of them is sweeping (ex: Shock Wave, Charge and Thunderwave)

About your Raichu, which B. F. event you'll use it? If you'll use Volt Tackle, you should better equip it with Shell Bell (trying to minimize recoil damage).
About Latios, prefer Luster Purge over Psychic. Although it's PP is lower, it's rate of lowering SDef his much higher (50%).
About Mew... I really don't know... There are many options.
never get rid of psychic with a pokemon with high spA. if golem comes, then cacturne comes. now what move should i put instead of shockwave and should i use a new move after battle pike in place of facade?

if i dont get latios by school starts, then ill just use houndoom until i get him. its still a houndour b/c i just caught him 5 min. ago. mild 52At, 79spA, and 59 Spe. i will use flame/t and over/h. most likely chrunch too and iron/t, just incase of golems or tyranitars. what do youthink? no point in telling me to get rid of the fire type moves. and what item? ill give max in spA, and probably 65% of the rest to speed and the final 35% in attack if i keep iron tail.
I know psychic is powerful, but Luster Purge may prove to be even better. Trust me.
About Raichu, let me redo the question: what would you do if Raichu is your last pokémon and you're fighting a Golem? Understood why it would be better to use another moves?
Although Facade is useful, is your Raichu's atk good enough for using it?
If you're gonna to battle pike, it's a good idea to have some pokémon with aromatherapy/heal bell and natural cure. Blissey is the best pokémon there.
For Houndoom, I guess the "basic" moveset is still the best. (Flamethrower, Solarbeam, Sunny Day and Crunch)
Teach Overheat only to a physical sweeper, like Blaziken, or to a good special one with White Herb. (but you can use overheat only twice...). Don't teach both them to Houndoom. I would prefer Flamethrower over Overheat, but it's your choice...
houndoom can be a good p/sw if you give it the eps. for me a sweeper is one with a base At/spA of 85 or higher and base Spe on 90 or higher. and i camt give him solarbeam b/c i still havnt found it. things will be easier when D/P come out b/c i have no way to trade between games. i have plenty of teams and all the tms on my LG and on Sapphire, but i cant trade them. and over all, i dont like percents unless they are higher than 50( luster purge has 50% chance of lowering sp.D).i always have both. there arnt enough good tms that he learns maybe its b/c im younger so i may be more naive than you.
But it's still a bad idea to have more than one sweeping move of the same type...
Although Houndoom is a good physical sweeper, it's better for special sweeping.
You'll use Cacturne, right? But do you have some way to give it defence or speed? (like baton passing agilities) It's offencive is great, but defences and speed are low...
what would you sugest? huh? i have limited resources b/c i have 1 gba no link cable, and i sold colloseum. cacturne can kill almost anyone in a single hit. as can the other 2. a volt tackle from raichu always kills opponets, cacturne's neddle arm or giga drain can destroy all whom he encounters, and houndooms flame throw totally obliterates ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont insult my battling style. i have no reason to use "baton passers or hazers or annoyers"!! now, if i need move sets, all attacks are damaging and on rare cases, a defencive or stat changing move.
Take it easy, guy! I wasn't insulting your battling style, I'm sorry if you think this... If you want to be only sweeper, it's OK! I was just showing you your weaknesses. For example: let's suppose you're fighting an Aerodactyl (which is faster than all your team). With only one earthquake, it can KO your Houndoom and your Raichu. With a single flying move, your Cacturne is dead. Although a Needle Arm/Giga Drain/Shadow Ball from Cacturne may KO everybody, its lack of speed and defences make it an easy target for any sweeper. Did you understand now what I meant?
Sorry if I insulted you somehow... I didn't want. If you want my suggestions, just tell me which event I should help you first.
first, i need help with the battle pike.
OK. I've won battle pike sometimes, and it's my favorite place in battle frontier.
First, keep in mind that you may be frozen, burned, paralyzed, poisoned or put to sleep without warning. So, you'll need Aromatherapy/Heal Bell. You can't trade pokémon, right? So I suggest you to use Miltank (Milk Drink can heal outside the battle and Heal Bell... you know). Blissey would be better there, since it has Natural Cure, but you're unable to get one...
Pike Queen Lucy uses Seviper, Milotic and Shuckle (when you're battling for the silver symbol). Against Shuckle, something with Seismic Toss/Night Shade may be better than water, rock and steel moves (Shuckle's defences are ultimate, but it's HP is really low). Against Seviper, use steel pokémon - unaffected by poison and pretty resistant. Against Milotic, you're crazy if you think only with a Thunder or Needle Arm you can KO it. If you try, you'll be hit with a powerful Mirror Coat (although Cacturne isn't affected by Mirror Coat, it's slower than Milotic, which has Ice Beam...)
So, your best choice there is: Miltank, a steel pokémon and the last you may choose between something with natural cure (like Starmie, which is able to use Confuse Ray and Thunderbolt against Milotic), something with an ability that uses the status changes to power itself (like Milotic or Heracross) or something with Helping Hand (there are double battles there, too.)
i caught a miltank 2 days ago, lv 37, bold, and ivs are:
HP IV: 6 [5 ~ 8] 25%
Attack IV: 14 [13 ~ 16] 29%
Defense IV: 31 [31 ~ 31] 0%
Sp.Atk IV: 13 [12 ~ 15] 29%
Sp.Def IV: 7 [6 ~ 9] 26%
Speed IV: 15 [14 ~ 17] 29%
no idea what items, but as for moves, i was thinking milk drink, heal bell, seismic toss via egg and everstone if bold is a good enough nature, and i know about the last one.
i have been hunting down feebas but my patience is low due to school starting on monday.
Bold is really bad for Miltank. It's atk isn't low, so you can use physical moves too. Prefer a jolly or careful nature. A good moveset would be:
- Heal Bell
- Milk Drink
- Seismic Toss
- Helping Hand/Body Slam
You should equip it with Leftovers (you can find one at the ship.) You can get Seismic Toss with a move tutor at the battle frontier, too.
Max its Efforts in HP for recovering yor team as much as possible with Milk Drink.
At the "quick question" you told you caught a Feebas, right? You know it evolves by beautiness, so give to it pokéblocks made with Pamtre or Belue berries (I don't remember which... just check which is dry.)
i HAVE a lv 66 milotic. its on LG though. and i didnt say i caught a feebas. just have to have patience.
Oops! Sorry!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Reference URL's