Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: The Question Thread - Got a question? Post it HERE!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
ah, ok. thanks for the info. and yes, i was thinkin of going for DD only. i was thinkin about AP for STAB though.
hmm.. can a horsea learn AncientPower?
happy for the help. Big Grin
I don't think so. Anyways, Here is a long qustion...

If you wanted a Pikachu with a high IVs in attack you would breed it with somthing like a breloom with a power bracer, right? But then you would get a pichu with high IVs. And then it would eventually evolve into a Pikachu AND keep it's transfered IV's (from breloom) or would it's IVs turn into that of a normal Pikachu?

Sorry, I'm kinda breeding retarted
No...it depends.Yesterday,I trained a Breloom and then I saw that his attack IVs were 0. IVs are random numbers each pokemon has and by the time you catch a pokemon or breed an egg,they cannot change!So,a Shuckle may have more Attack IVs than a Breloom.It's completely random.
Now, about the EV-enhabing items(Power Weight...).Those items if they are held by either parent in the pokemon day-care,that parent has a 50% likelihood of passing down its IV in that respective stat.IVs dont change upon evolution.
http://www.legendarypokemon.net/training
It is about gba games but still counts for ds games and also explains IVs and EVs so that will sure help you.
Thanks! Thanks for the link too!
i dont know if this is the right place to ask this but its a question after all...

i 've just started pokemon HeartGold and i cant decide which pokemon will be my 6gang to win it...
i dont want anything special and i dont care about IVs or other things i do it only to remember the good all times...

here is the pokemon i (almost)choosed:

Feraligatr

Pidgeot

Raichu OR Ampharos (i cant decide)

Victreebel(caught soon) OR Tyranitar (safari is far and too much training)

Hypno(caught soon) OR Dragonite (safari is far and too much training)

Arcanine OR Magmar (i cant decide)

i think its a good team to beat any type but i would love to read your opinion and the suggestions on whitch of the 2 pokemon i posted...
thank you very much...!!!
Use:
-Ampharos
-Victreebel
-Dragonite
-Arcanine

Remember, sometimes the greatest defense is a good offense.
i agree with asl. Although when i played the originals i used dunsparce rage to pwn all. High def and sdef + great attk make for a mean rage attack
nao my question. Whats the fastest way to make a pokemon like you in pokemon xd?
(10-09-2010 04:23 AM)PIDGEOT Wrote: [ -> ]Raichu OR Ampharos (i cant decide)

Victreebel(caught soon) OR Tyranitar (safari is far and too much training)

Hypno(caught soon) OR Dragonite (safari is far and too much training)

Arcanine OR Magmar (i cant decide)

Choosing what's better for a team is one's opinion, there's no right or wrong Pokémon. Given that, here's what I'd choose.
- Ampharos. I just like this Pokémon and used it in my first run of Silver, so I felt I should get it. It also learns Signal Beam and Power Gem, has better coverage than Raichu.
- Victreebel. I wouldn't recommend it since it doesn't learn any great moves by leveling up other than Sleep Powder and Leaf Blade but it is available much earlier than Larvitar.
- Any one. Iirc, Dratini is available in Goldenrod's Game Corner so you can get any of them before the 3rd badge. Dragonite is more powerful but quite slower to level up.
- Arcanine, but that's my favorite Pokémon, I can't be objective. Toungue

Btw, you can catch Magby and Dratini early on via the PokéWalker if you want. Wink
thank you for your advices i have decided the team.
Feraligatr
Pidgeot
Ampharos
Victreebel
Dragonite
Arcanine
yay. anway I want to make a team that can resist shadow type move pretty well and can also pack a really big punch so that when i get to greevil, again, i can catch his shadow pokemon.
I don't suppose Dunsparce is one of the options
do you like the greek bombotas of down town?
Uh, can someone help me catch an Aipom?

I know the need to put honey on orange trees, but..

how many hours is the best amount of time where most Aipoms (although uncommon) appear?
Pokémon appear in trees six hours after you've used the Honey. Just save in front of the tree before you find a Pokémon and keep resetting for an Aipom.
@ an earlier question:
On my SS run, i just caught Pokemon i used to love, Pidgeot, Ampharos, Gengar.

My team was only Typhlosion, Ampharos and Pidgeot until i reached like 6th or 7th gym, i traded my old Pokemon from Diamond..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Reference URL's