Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Pokémon X & Pokémon Y General
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The movie said "you have not seen the real Mewtwo", if I recall correctly. Then they show this, saying "new Pokemon" and sh*t. ;.;
(07-04-2013 06:26 AM)tzanakos Wrote: [ -> ]I was really disappointed when I saw Arty's post the other day but now I've seen it in the game and with more details I think its not bad.One thing I dont like are its "toes" and maybe that bridge like thing on its head.I want it to be an evolution so Mewtwo can be the first and only legendary that can evolve but I highly doubt it.Generally its good and definitely not disappointing after all.

+1 , although i'm still having trouble getting used to him.

anyway , my first thought when reading that they weren't revealing whether is a new pokemon or a different form was , "mewthree". But as another form. So basically mewtwo that changes into mewthree with some kind of stone/meteorite/orb/whatever with just it's name changing. (yeah , on second thought there'll probably be no change in its name.)

Or , as arty said , some sort of phione like thing. But then again we're talking about mewtwo here so you'll probably only be able to get it once on every game.

(07-04-2013 07:54 AM)fr3quency Wrote: [ -> ]The movie said "you have not seen the real Mewtwo",

so mewthree's crossed out for good then.

i vote new form.
It's actually not bad... The only thing I don't like about it is that its tail is on its head... I hope that it's not a new form thought but something like a Mew1.5. In the movie, they could reveal that this was the prototype of Mewtwo, but the scientists that created it thought that it was a failure so they dumped it. Later, Mewtwo found it and trained it. Or something like that... It could still be Mewthree or a new form.

Stat wise, I expect it to be as strong as Mewtwo or even stronger. 680 are Mewtwo's base stats total while Arceus's base stats total is 720. So, probably this Pokemon will have a total of 680-720. Type wise, it's probably psychic, except if they announce a new type that could serve as secondary for it.
(07-04-2013 02:51 AM)Arty2 Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed it doesn't seem half bad. I wonder why they avoid to state that it is either a new forme or (pre)evolution.
It could be Mewtwo's own Phione, or perhaps the clone's clone.

PS. I love the subtle improvements in the graphics department; they actually look anti-aliased.

It's mewtwotwo Toungue

In the end it wasn't that bad and let's believe that it's not a form of mewtwo but a new pokemon related (probably) to mew and mewtwo.
(07-04-2013 11:29 AM)Grim Ripper Wrote: [ -> ]It's mewtwotwo Toungue

Or Mewtwopointfive ToungueToungueToungue
(Mew2.5 FTW Toungue)
Congratulations! Mewtwo was successfully updated to latest version! Press A+B+SELECT+START to continue.
I don't believe that it's something after Mewtwo. It looks smaller so, I don't beieve it's Mew2.5 or Mew3. On the official page they mention Mew, so Mewtwo2 would make sense. Toungue Btw, serebii mentioned this:

Quote:Oh, I should note that the initial leak of this on Wednesday was labelled as Éclair Forme (エクレアフォルム), presumably based on the French éclair meaning lightning, flash etc., not the pastry.

I ignored that originally due to no source on it, not being on the material, but it's worth noting.

It would be really lame to jst be another form... Sad
(07-04-2013 10:16 AM)pekinoua Wrote: [ -> ]In the movie, they could reveal that this was the prototype of Mewtwo, but the scientists that created it thought that it was a failure so they dumped it. Later, Mewtwo found it and trained it. Or something like that... It could still be Mewthree or a new form.

Actually Mewtwo is the only speciment KNOWN to have survived but they never stated clearly if it actually is the sole survivor. Finding another speciment and training it is an interesting option. I would like to see a combination of Arty2's and Pekinoua's theories where Mewtwo finds another less powerfull Mew clone(Phione theory), it trains it and then FUSES with it to form the Pokemon that we see now (DNA splicers anyone?). This would also explain a slight boost in its stats (propably 700). As Fr3quency said, Mewtwo states in the movie that we haven't seen the real Mewtwo yet, so this new thing should somehow still be Mewtwo.

What I would not like to see is a completely different Pokemon with equal or higher base stats than Mewtwo. That would be disgracing for the original Legendary.

PS: Now that I think of it, what if Mewtwo fused with the original Mew resulting to this smaller and cuter form!? Going one step beyond, if the fusion cannot be undone it would be concidered a completely new Pokemon.

PS2: Continuing the tradition the new Movie Mewtwo event could be the only way to unlock the new Mewtwo related Pokemon in X/Y.
Pokebeach Mewtwo’s New Forme Revealed on ‘Pokemon Smash!’
Quote:We should note that when Kyurem's new formes were officially revealed, they were also called "new Pokemon" rather than new formes. So, based on history, this is probably a new Mewtwo forme and Pokemon is trollin'.

Let's hope it's not true and we won't have new form but a new pokemon (i don't want to be a fusion or something)
I can understand that a new form would ruin the Pokemon Mewtwo on some trainers' minds, but a completely new Pokemon would ruin the mythos around Mewtwo which is far worse in my opinion.
Anyone notticed that the new Pokemon's/Mewtwo's new form's toes look like sth dirty?Toungue
Or do I have a dirty mind?Toungue
(07-04-2013 02:25 PM)BLUE Wrote: [ -> ]I can understand that a new form would ruin the Pokemon Mewtwo on some trainers' minds, but a completely new Pokemon would ruin the mythos around Mewtwo which is far worse in my opinion.

Arceus already ruined it. Toungue
Arceus is the God. I don't care. But another Pokemon related to Mewtwo being more powerful than him is not good.
Nah i don't want a mew/mewtwo related pokemon more powerful than both of them of mewtwo but around the same power level. For me personally i don't want a new form but i'm kinda ok with a new pokemon.
(07-04-2013 02:25 PM)BLUE Wrote: [ -> ]I can understand that a new form would ruin the Pokemon Mewtwo on some trainers' minds, but a completely new Pokemon would ruin the mythos around Mewtwo which is far worse in my opinion.
i wholeheartedly agree.
Reference URL's