Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Pokémon X & Pokémon Y General
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sky view of Parfum Palace. See if you notice anything about it (Click to View)

serebii Wrote:In the status screen for Pokémon, and seen in trades and in the box, you may have noticed a blue pentagon next to your Pokémon. The meaning of this had yet to be determined, but has been revealed today. This pentagon is essentially a hack check confirmation. If your Pokémon has this, it confirms it was obtained legitimately in-game or through event. If not, then it has an error and has been hacked.
This is nice!
(15-11-2013 05:43 PM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]
Sky view of Parfum Palace. See if you notice anything about it (Click to View)

What I see
WoW amazing observation! the other one remind me of bronzor
Here's an early treat for forum regulars: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/168581/ivcalc.html

Haven't bothered with making Mega Evolutions and extra forms work yet, but the rest of it should work.

Plus, if you want to help some more:
Check your Pokemon and get all their IVs right, note down their Hidden Power and send me over an email with the SaveCode so that we can figure how Hidden Power is calculated Smile
(16-11-2013 02:33 AM)Arty2 Wrote: [ -> ]Here's an early treat for forum regulars: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/168581/ivcalc.html
Yay!

(16-11-2013 02:33 AM)Arty2 Wrote: [ -> ]Plus, if you want to help some more:
Check your Pokemon and get all their IVs right, note down their Hidden Power and send me over an email with the SaveCode so that we can figure how Hidden Power is calculated Smile
SaveCode?
the string of characters you get when you hit "Save" on the calculator

It appears that there's no Fairy-type Hidden Power.
However do tell me if what the calculator reports as your calculated Hidden Power doesn't match what that guy in Anistar says.
All of the Pokemon I calculated the Hidden Power for matched what the guy in Anistar said.
I still believe that they haven't changed the way the Hidden Power is calculated, but i'll check my pokes later.
(16-11-2013 04:34 AM)Arty2 Wrote: [ -> ]It appears that there's no Fairy-type Hidden Power.

Seems logical.
The method which defines the type is the same with the method used until Gen5 (just a prediction,we will be sure when PokeBank comes).
If there was a Fairy type hidden power,then the calcucating method would change as well.
The IV Mechanics are the same as Generation's V? I'm asking about the formulas that determine IVs only.

Serebii Wrote:X & Y Mechanics

Pokémon X & Y have added to the IV system somewhat. In these games, if any Pokémon is captured in the wild that is in the No Eggs egg group, it will have 3 IVs at 31. In addition to this, if you capture a Pokémon in Friend Safari, they will automatically have two IVs at 31. This allows for even better breeding, especially when the new effect of the Destiny Knot item is in effect.

IV's are also given to you in the form of Characteristics in the Status Screen. Click here for details

Thanks to Dragonair for writing this for us
(16-11-2013 11:34 AM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]Seems logical. […] If there was a Fairy type hidden power,then the calcucating method would change as well.

It would make more sense if they actually changed the formula to accomodate for the Fairy-type. I have yet to find someone that claims they have a Pokémon with Fairy-type Hidden Power though, so it seems it hasn't changed.

(16-11-2013 11:45 AM)SonicPKMN Wrote: [ -> ]The IV Mechanics are the same as Generation's V? I'm asking about the formulas that determine IVs only.

That's right, they seem unchanged. It's only capture mechanics that have changed.

[Image: BZJ_KzyCMAAR-SD.jpg]

I still owe you a critique for your own calculator (/me makes a mental note) :)
No problem.. Toungue Thanks for the answer! I changed a lot of things and I will upload it soon.
Has anyone noticed that Zygarde's base stat total is 600?I find it quite weird considering it is a member of the XYZ trio.So what do you think.Is there any hidden secret behind it?Maybe a new forme?
Neat, IV calculator! Big Grin

@tzanakos: It reminds me a larva or a worm... I think it's a given that the third version(s) will feature a new form. Toungue
^ Considering they've already pulled this off twice with Giratina and Kyurem, I don't think it qualifies as a "secret" anymore. Toungue

@ Arty2: How about a checkbox asking whether the Pokémon was caught in Friend Safari or is a X/Y legendary that forces 2/3 IVs to be 31 instead of 30-31?
Reference URL's