Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Pokémon X & Pokémon Y General
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the first time, we see a good looking grass type starter. However, the fire one is cooler.
Also, this is the very first time a pokemon game is named after something apart from gems and colours.
At first look, the legendaries don't really excite me. Of course I'm talking about the first pictures. If I had to tell which one I like the most I'd say the blue deer one.
In general, the games look really nice, 3D graphics are pretty good and FINALLY the player doesn't become a tiny playmobil.
Fennekin reminds me a little of Zorua with other colors... but it's still cool
(08-01-2013 05:42 PM)skorp Wrote: [ -> ]For the first time, we see a good looking grass type starter. However, the fire one is cooler.

I disagree with your opinion, i really like Meganium,Torterra,Sceptile.
I don't like the 6th gen grass starter, same goes for the water type also, but we still have to see their evolutions so we can have a more accurate analysis.
I could call the Grass-type starter "unique". It's different from the others and doesn't give me the feeling of a grass-type Pokemon like Turtwig or Bulbasaur. It's strange and I like it. And the water one is better than Mudkip. Seriously...
(08-01-2013 06:10 PM)fr3quency Wrote: [ -> ]I could call the Grass-type starter "unique". It's different from the others and doesn't give me the feeling of a grass-type Pokemon like Turtwig or Bulbasaur. It's strange and I like it. And the water one is better than Mudkip. Seriously...

I respect your opinion fr3, but i prefer Mudkip way more that that frog.
The grass type starter reminds me of Nuzleaf For some reason. Anyway The starters generally didn't look like much at first (they actually looked pretty similar to some fake ones i'd seen once) but on second thought they're not that bad. The fox one actually seems pretty good. (this gens charizard/swampert/infernape/snivy probably) but i'm still probably going to go with froakie because , you know , traditions. Gameplay seems a bit pixelated but meh , doesn't matter , the animations/cut scenes seem awesome. i'll probably be going with Y. Also , it's in Europe Smile this will be awesome

(08-01-2013 07:01 PM)Grim Ripper Wrote: [ -> ]It's not only in europe, it's worldwide.

i was talking about the region it's based on.
It's not only in europe, it's worldwide.
Really hyped alhtough I'll have to buy a 3DS Big Grin
Well first of all Phillip you may be right about chromosomes X,Y but I think that the names of the games come from the 3-dimensional coordinate system (XYZ) since its the first 3D main series pokemon game for the 3DS.Probably there will be a 3rd Gen VI game named Pokemon Z.About the version maskots(if these are) i really like the Y pokemon and probably I'll go for that version.I'm not that hyped about the starters but the frog is possibly the one I'll choose.The 3d gameplay looks really good and the battle animation is fascinating.Can't wait to see more pokemon and the new eeveelution(s) as long as there are.Any speculations about the types of the bird and deer pokemon?
Types huh? So, in my opinion the y-bird will be Flying/Dragon. The deer one, probably Grass/Psychic. But they're really weird...I totally want to learn more about them.

About the starters now, imo Froakie to a Water/Poison and Chespin to a Grass/Fighting. Fennekin should evolve to a Fire/Psychic but it would be kind of unfair.

Fennekin rules! So, CoroCoro comes in a few days, so there may be some new information about the game. :3
ok, maybe great news. but i am really frustrated, because i really wanted a ruby sapphire remake... pffff.....
(08-01-2013 10:36 PM)andrreaskal13 Wrote: [ -> ]ok, maybe great news. but i am really frustrated, because i really wanted a ruby sapphire remake... pffff.....

You are not the only one my friend that wanted a remake of gen 3.
Well, let's hope for one on 3DS with 6th Gen graphics. Wink

On another note, everyone hates the other 2 starters? 9 out of 10 here will get the Fire starter. Toungue
We should wait until we see their evolutions I suppose.
That's true GS.
Will we see them? Toungue I mean, it's the first worldwide release! By the time we will have the games, I don't believe that they will reveal so many new Pokemon! For the first time, after so many years it will be an unknown experience for me and for many other people. I guess the starters' evos are going to be revealed, but this would not happen with some Legendaries and some rarer Pokemon. So excited about that! It was really annoying to wait 6 months for a game.
Reference URL's