Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Pokémon X & Pokémon Y General
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What tipped you off that I am excited about Chespin's typing? ToungueToungue
If I was any more excited I would have a heart attack.

Fennekin being a Fire/Psychic excites me some. It's an excellent typing but Chespin's Dark is SUPER EFFECTIVE!!!!!! No longer will my Grass types be shunned by other trainers. We will rise up and CONQUER the Elite Four.
The only thing we need now is Pokemon that is Grass/Dragon and everything will be complete!
Yes, but you forgot the most basic rule of Elemental Rock-Paper-Scissors: Fire burns Grass.

If they had a Grass/Dragon type, I would totally catch it.
[off topic] I love your signature Alcovich! I'm torn between Bulbasaur, Turtwig, and Chespin. [off topic]
Yes, I remember Fire burns Grass.
It's times like this that I wish I had Wi-Fi at my house.
I would soooo challenge you to an all Fire vs. all Grass battle. NEVER underestimate the POWER of Grass types.
(19-05-2013 03:15 AM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]Water/Fighting

no... Sad

i might have to go with chespin this year then.

also ,
[Image: fc068c9c62da2ff4d6451424d223289b.png]

anyway , the updates seem great... it's a shame i won't be getting it in the next two years. Undecided

(19-05-2013 04:16 AM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]I would soooo challenge you to an all Fire vs. all Grass battle. NEVER underestimate the POWER of Grass types.

Venosaur sweep + HP rock , eh? Smile
Guys, Fennekin is tne best.

/thread
[off-topic]My starter would either be Charmander, Torchic, Oshawott, Fennekin, or Squirtle. Or Eevee.[/off-topic]

I agree. Fennekin is the best of all the Gen VI starters. Chespin is second, and Froakie is third.

Also:
Fire>Grass. Grass>Water. Water>Fire.
Psychic>Fighting. Fighting>Dark. Dark>Psychic.
Fennekin's typing is Fire/Psychic.
Chespin's typing is Grass/Dark.
Froakie's typing is Water/Fighting.
Resolved:
ALL THE STARTERS ARE EVENLY MATCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy Arceus...
Chespin> Fennekin> Magikarp(has swallowed an everstone)> Froakie
THE best water starters are Blastoise and Empoleon.
Mewtwo>Blaziken>Hitmonchan>Hitmonlee>Chespin.

This means that your rival can't kill you with his/her type-effective Chespin/Froakie anymore!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pokedex Entry for Chespin
This entry describes me (except for the first part of course)
Yet another reason why Chespin is my favorite.
Where did you get that? I wanna see Fennekin's!
Wasn't there a rumor about Fighting/Dark/Psychic starters in Gen V?
@ GeorgeSlayer
Yes, but it was proven fake. This "insider leak" on Pokebeach could very well be true because the informant leaked the English names for the four new Pokemon and they turned out to be 100% correct.

@Alcovich
http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon.shtml
(19-05-2013 08:48 PM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]Chespin> Fennekin> Magikarp(has swallowed an everstone)> Froakie

Fennekin>Froakie>Magikarp(with Everstone)>all politicians of the planet>Chespin
Sorry,but it's the worst Grass-type starter ever.
It's not even a reptile,like the others!

(19-05-2013 08:26 PM)Alcov1ch Wrote: [ -> ]ALL THE STARTERS ARE EVENLY MATCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope!
Dark is immune to Psychic (the only thing which is good with Chespin).
Dark is immune to Psychic, but Grass is still weak to fire, so this is neglible.

Also Grassdragon, I just pointed that out it's interesting to get such a "triangle" even as secondary types.

EDIT:Fixed the typo.
(19-05-2013 10:30 PM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-05-2013 08:48 PM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]Chespin> Fennekin> Magikarp(has swallowed an everstone)> Froakie

Fennekin>Froakie>Magikarp(with Everstone)>all politicians of the planet>Chespin
Sorry,but it's the worst Grass-type starter ever.
It's not even a reptile,like the others!
So Chespin's a mammal. Big Deal. It's still the best!!!!!!!!!

(19-05-2013 10:30 PM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-05-2013 08:26 PM)Alcov1ch Wrote: [ -> ]ALL THE STARTERS ARE EVENLY MATCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope!
Dark is immune to Psychic (the only thing which is good with Chespin).

What Alcovich means is that each starter has a type that can counteract the type that's strong against it.
Fire>Grass>Water
Psychic<Dark<Fighting
The type advantage goes both ways.
Reference URL's