Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Pokémon X & Pokémon Y General
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
^ It's not only the international release. Keep in mind that the games are for the 3DS, the console and its games haven't been "hacked" yet. There's a good chance that fansites (see: Arty2) may not be able to rip the information that we have taken as granted up to now. Imagine playing the game without knowing where you can find each Pokémon, when it will evolve, what moves it gets, what type the next Gym Leader uses, etc. Provided that not all Pokémon will have been before the release, you might even encounter Pokémon you've never seen before. Obviously, it's a long wait until October, things may have changed till then. But we can hope.

Another thing I hope for is for them to drop backwards connectivity at last. That will get rid of everything hacked/edited from the previous gens, at least until the Gen VI games or the GTS are hacked/abused again.
Chespin reminds me Tepig a lot. Also, it looks more like a Fire Pokemon and less like a Grass Pokemon.
(09-01-2013 12:18 AM)NM2 Wrote: [ -> ]^ It's not only the international release. Keep in mind that the games are for the 3DS, the console and its games haven't been "hacked" yet. There's a good chance that fansites (see: Arty2) may not be able to rip the information that we have taken as granted up to now. Imagine playing the game without knowing where you can find each Pokémon, when it will evolve, what moves it gets, what type the next Gym Leader uses, etc. Provided that not all Pokémon will have been before the release, you might even encounter Pokémon you've never seen before. Obviously, it's a long wait until October, things may have changed till then. But we can hope.

Another thing I hope for is for them to drop backwards connectivity at last. That will get rid of everything hacked/edited from the previous gens, at least until the Gen VI games or the GTS are hacked/abused again.

Ah a perfect future for Pokemon. Smile One can only hope. It will be really awesome.

I didn't use Internet during DP as much as now, and it was a real shock for me that Staravia and Luxio evolved. I was used to Mightyena and Swellow, so I didn't thought that they had an evolution. And when I saw Pokemon like Electrivire or when I learned about Rotom, I was pretty shocked. And I won't mention the first 3(probably the first 2 for some of you) generations. If Gen VI manages to give me the same feelings, then I crown it the best generation.
I agree with NM2 and if that happens we'll have remakes again from all gens.

What you have to say about this:
http://www.google.gr/imgres?q=pokemon+x&...,s:0,i:150
There is a DNA in the logo and some ppl say that Y and X stands for the chromosomes and not for the coordinate, so does that mean that we won't have only 1 other as Z but 2 with names XX and XY?

@peke i doubt i'll have the same feelings like gen 1-2-3 but it would be a very good feeling, and if they make remakes the feeling will be sky-rocked.
(09-01-2013 12:33 AM)Grim Ripper Wrote: [ -> ]There is a DNA in the logo and some ppl say that Y and X stands for the chromosomes and not for the coordinate, so does that mean that we won't have only 1 other as Z but 2 with names XX and XY?

I think XX and XY are kind of confusing. Well, I believe that a remake will follow and then something like a X2, Y2.
1st gen remake?
Or Kanto+Hoenn remakes. Smile Gen III was about FireRed and LeafGreen too.
Wtf are people idiots? What do the coordinates have to do with Pokemon? Chromosomes are more likely. >_>

I doubt the next version will be called either XX or XY. This means woman and man. Z seems more likely imho, but then again, this will destroy the chromosome theory.

It can also mean nothing at all. X,Y & Z just sound cool. Toungue
(08-01-2013 02:47 PM)Arty2 Wrote: [ -> ]pokemon-xy.com pokemon-x.com pokemonx.com pokemon-y.com pokemon-z.com

already registered as expected

pokemony.com and pokemonz.com belong to fans, they should probably expect a C&D...

Actually, according to the domains they have registered pre-emptively, cartesian axes (reference to the three-dimensional space) are more likely.

hint: pokemon-xx.com is not registered
Then their sequels will me sin, cos, lim etc? The chromosomes would make a better story than the three dimensional space. But then again, the x,y,z may mean nothing and they just show the 3D capabilities. Dunno. :s
Hey guys why u no choose Chespin?? You effing nuts? He's awesome!

I think it'll be my first Pokemon game in years that I'll choose to start with all 3 starters... I really like all of them equally! Here's hoping to some great evolutions too Smile

I'm really excited about the game as well, the graphics look amazing and the legendaries both look fantastic but dat deer stole my heart immediately...so it's X for me Toungue

And I must say I think that the theme this time must be DNA...the Japanese logos kinda confirm it hard. But it could go both ways and have a double meaning with the 3-dimensional axis.

Can't wait 'till October! This thing got me really fired up!
(09-01-2013 12:18 AM)NM2 Wrote: [ -> ]^ It's not only the international release. Keep in mind that the games are for the 3DS, the console and its games haven't been "hacked" yet. There's a good chance that fansites (see: Arty2) may not be able to rip the information that we have taken as granted up to now. Imagine playing the game without knowing where you can find each Pokémon, when it will evolve, what moves it gets, what type the next Gym Leader uses, etc. Provided that not all Pokémon will have been before the release, you might even encounter Pokémon you've never seen before. Obviously, it's a long wait until October, things may have changed till then. But we can hope.

Plus if they drop backwards connectivity, they may as well tweak some game mechanics. This, combined with the fact that the games cannot be hacked at the moment, means that it will take some serious time to learn how to perfectly train a Pokemon.
Hmmm if they drop the compatibilty how are we supposed to complete the pokedex? I mean will have 700+ pokemon but let's say the 6th gen pokedex (not the national with all pokemon) has around 200-250 pokemon, we'll be able to catch them all and ofc we'll use trade between the 2 games but we'll have another 500 to catch and i don't want to wait for remakes in order to trade them
(I'm talking about the normal pokemon not the legendaries, ok some of the legendaries too).

They could do something like, for 1-2 months you'll be able to access pokemon from other regions that can't be found normally in the game. Probably 1-2 regions at a time.
Even thought I always wished for the 6th generation to finally move to the 3D era, after seeing the trailer I was somehow disappointed. I know, it's a little early to judge the game's graphic's just from a short trailer (maybe they will look more appealing while you're actually playing it, that has happed to me with other games that didn't impressed me from their trailers like Dragon Quest IX) but comparing it with other Pokemon games with 3D look like Pokepark 2 and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (which are very appealing and beautiful), Pokemon X/Y's graphics look so lazy-made. And the name is retarded as well (and that's coming from a person who never made fun of Pokemon games' names like Black/White which I actually like).

Putting that aside, internet will never stop to amaze me: Only few hours after the presentation of the starter Pokemon and the internet was already full of these Pokemon's fanarts. I even show a fan-made plush-toy for Fennekin, the fire fox Pokemon. Wait! Did I say Firefox? What if...
http://www.deviantart.com/morelikethis/3...h#/d5qwwrr
Ha! As I expected!
(Yeah, I know there's already a fire fox from the first generation but still...)

My problem is that I haven't even finished Pokemon Conquest yet (I've stopped playing it for the time being in order to focus to other Pokemon games). I'm still playing Pokemon Black 2 (Pokestar Studios ftw!) and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of the Sky, I also have to finish Pokepark 2 and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity is coming soon. And I wanted to play Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team sometime since I never played it (I'm new to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series started with Explorers of the Sky).

And of course Pokemon are not the only games to play.
(09-01-2013 02:27 AM)fr3quency Wrote: [ -> ]Wtf are people idiots? What do the coordinates have to do with Pokemon? Chromosomes are more likely. >_>

I doubt the next version will be called either XX or XY. This means woman and man. Z seems more likely imho, but then again, this will destroy the chromosome theory.

It can also mean nothing at all. X,Y & Z just sound cool. Toungue

Pokeball Z!
Reference URL's