Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Pokémon X & Pokémon Y General
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(14-06-2013 07:21 PM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]I hope not! No backwards compatibility! No hacked Pokemon!

So,you say no backwards compatibility because of ''hacked Pokemon''?
This will only happen if you can catch all the *add the new number of total Pokemon here* in one game or two.
We may not see some Pokemon like Mew in the games,but it's OK!We won't have hacks for 6 months,where the hackers will find a way to get hacked Pokemon to their game.
Sorry,but it will be a waste of time for me to catch all add the new number of total Pokemon here* in X&Y and Z (Z is just a prediction).Also,it will ruin the game,imo.Hacked Pokemon are not a real problem.If the migration happens with special software,they can deny migration of hacked Pokemon,like when you try to upload a Battle Video or you play in a tournament.
Sorry,but I want backwards compatibility.I want to migrate some Pokemons.Also,I don't care about hacking,as long as there are ways to see if a Pokemon is legit or not.
Also,there was always a cross-generation way to trade/migrate Pokemon.
Gen1<->Gen2
Time Machine (or Capsule?)
Gen2<->Gen3
(the only thing that can't happen)
Gen3->Gen4
Migration,Dual Slot mode (sth like migration)
Gen4->Gen5
Migration,Relocator (for event Celebi or event Shiny Beast)

So,ruining a tradition because of ''hacked Pokemon''?

PS:By saying ''No backwards compatibility! No hacked Pokemon!'' it seems you can't trust your own Pokemon,which you will migrate.Do you trust your own Pokemon?If answer is yes,what's the problem with others who will migrate hacks?I just don't get it.
PS2:If I sound angry,just to know I'm not angry.I just can't find where's the bad thing if some individuals transfer their hacked Pokemon,while I transfer legit Pokemon.
I trust the Pokemon I captured and that I trained. It's some of the Pokemon I've gotten through trades that I'm suspicious about. Mainly the shinies. I know for a fact that I have a hacked Arceus. (I also have a legit Arceus too) I got it in a trade from one of my friends who got if from one of his friends.

I really like trading and I don't want to trade my legit Pokemon that I've poured my heart and soul into training for some Pokemon that I really want that someone hacked to get. Especially if it's stats are outrageous or it has an ability that it doesn't normally have.

I'm also hoping that since the 3DS has regular system updates that maybe it will render any cheating device null and void, thus preventing hacked Pokemon period!

Plus if there wasn't any way to "transfer" then GameFreak would have to make remakes of all the regions!
(14-06-2013 08:24 PM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]Plus if there wasn't any way to "transfer" then GameFreak would have to make remakes of all the regions!

Gen 3 remakes Big Grin
(14-06-2013 08:24 PM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]Plus if there wasn't any way to "transfer" then GameFreak would have to make remakes of all the regions!

i agree with hachi and I hope I will not need ultimately to be released remakes of previous cartridges
(14-06-2013 07:47 PM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-06-2013 07:21 PM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]I hope not! No backwards compatibility! No hacked Pokemon!

So,you say no backwards compatibility because of ''hacked Pokemon''?
This will only happen if you can catch all the *add the new number of total Pokemon here* in one game or two.
We may not see some Pokemon like Mew in the games,but it's OK!We won't have hacks for 6 months,where the hackers will find a way to get hacked Pokemon to their game.
Sorry,but it will be a waste of time for me to catch all add the new number of total Pokemon here* in X&Y and Z (Z is just a prediction).Also,it will ruin the game,imo.Hacked Pokemon are not a real problem.If the migration happens with special software,they can deny migration of hacked Pokemon,like when you try to upload a Battle Video or you play in a tournament.
Sorry,but I want backwards compatibility.I want to migrate some Pokemons.Also,I don't care about hacking,as long as there are ways to see if a Pokemon is legit or not.
Also,there was always a cross-generation way to trade/migrate Pokemon.
Gen1<->Gen2
Time Machine (or Capsule?)
Gen2<->Gen3
(the only thing that can't happen)
Gen3->Gen4
Migration,Dual Slot mode (sth like migration)
Gen4->Gen5
Migration,Relocator (for event Celebi or event Shiny Beast)

So,ruining a tradition because of ''hacked Pokemon''?

PS:By saying ''No backwards compatibility! No hacked Pokemon!'' it seems you can't trust your own Pokemon,which you will migrate.Do you trust your own Pokemon?If answer is yes,what's the problem with others who will migrate hacks?I just don't get it.
PS2:If I sound angry,just to know I'm not angry.I just can't find where's the bad thing if some individuals transfer their hacked Pokemon,while I transfer legit Pokemon.

Sorry, but tbis doesn't make that much sense. First of all migration is not a tradition. And even if it was, I don't thnk that it's so important to ruin this.

Nevertheless, I see that you'll be dissatisfied if every Pokémon you had can't be transfered. But what's the problem here? You won't lost your Pokémon, you'll just be unable to tranfser them on a newer version. You'll still be able to use them, just not on XY. Also, what's the point of completing a Pokédex if you just reuse the same Pokémon over and over again? Just completing the region dex? I don't say that you're wrong, I say that you're not completely right. I'm pretty sure that it isn't a problem to complete a pokedex in every generation, from the start. It's a difficult and time consuming task, but with GTS and help from friends it can be achieved. If a Pokemon like Mew isn't available fro the start, the Pokedex will still count as completed until this becomes available. And I'm pretty sure you know that every rare legendary pokemon will be available sooner or later.

Also, hacked Pokémon is a bigger problem than you think. On the different forums and on GTS there are myriads of them. Yeah, hackers will find a way to cheat on these games too. But at least 3DS can receive updates, so it's more difficult. And even half a year without them is fine for me.
(14-06-2013 08:52 PM)pekinoua Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but tbis doesn't make that much sense. First of all migration is not a tradition. And even if it was, I don't thnk that it's so important to ruin this.
Nevertheless, I see that you'll be dissatisfied if every Pokémon you had can't be transfered. But what's the problem here? You won't lost your Pokémon, you'll just be unable to tranfser them on a newer version. You'll still be able to use them, just not on XY. Also, what's the point of completing a Pokédex if you just reuse the same Pokémon over and over again? Just completing the region dex? I don't say that you're wrong, I say that you're not completely right. I'm pretty sure that it isn't a problem to complete a pokedex in every generation, from the start. It's a difficult and time consuming task, but with GTS and help from friends it can be achieved. If a Pokemon like Mew isn't available fro the start, the Pokedex will still count as completed until this becomes available. And I'm pretty sure you know that every rare legendary pokemon will be available sooner or later.
Also, hacked Pokémon is a bigger problem than you think. On the different forums and on GTS there are myriads of them. Yeah, hackers will find a way to cheat on these games too. But at least 3DS can receive updates, so it's more difficult. And even half a year without them is fine for me.

Well,what if I want to use one of my hatched Vulpixes in X/Y?What if I actually want to play with my Pokemon on 3D?It's not just the Pokedex.I want to use my Pokemons in 3D.
Also,the regional dex can be easily completed with Pokemon from X and Y. -_-
And I won't be able to attend events,so why should I care if I can get a Mew from event?
Also,it's Nintendo's problem that hacking exists.We won't have hacks for about 1-2 months,not 6.And if there's no migration,then I will only buy Y for the 3D graphics.
The 3DS can recieve updates?The same happens for the PSP.AND IT'S HACKABLE!
Also,I don't think Nintendo will update the 3DS just because of Pokemon.And the games can't be updated,when they are retail.
Still,no migration because of hacks,but games will be hacked in about a month or two.Then tell me again why they shouldn't add migration.
Also,I know a website where I can check my Pokemon.So,why shouldn't I migrate?
I see what you're saying Hachi. You want to see the Pokemon you've already trained in 3D. I can understand that. Of course you can get event Pokemon~as long as it's a Wi-Fi event.
Masuda said there isn't a way for the DS and the 3DS to communicate as of right now. They have 4 months to figure something out.
I'll be honest with you, if they work something out, I probably will transfer some of my Pokemon.
PSP is Sony. 3DS is Nintendo. Whole different ballpark.
The 3DS updates regularly anyway. It wouldn't take much to add something that would keep you from using cheating devices for any games not just Pokemon. Is there even a cheat device that can hack a 3DS game right now?

What website is it?
(14-06-2013 10:35 PM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]I see what you're saying Hachi. You want to see the Pokemon you've already trained in 3D. I can understand that. Of course you can get event Pokemon~as long as it's a Wi-Fi event.
Masuda said there isn't a way for the DS and the 3DS to communicate as of right now. They have 4 months to figure something out.
I'll be honest with you, if they work something out, I probably will transfer some of my Pokemon.
PSP is Sony. 3DS is Nintendo. Whole different ballpark.
The 3DS updates regularly anyway. It wouldn't take much to add something that would keep you from using cheating devices for any games not just Pokemon. Is there even a cheat device that can hack a 3DS game right now?

What website is it?

I mentioned PSP because it has updates,like the 3DS.
And I think that way Masuda said Nintendo hasn't found can be sth downloadable only in the 3DS,but it will actually be a DS title.Like for MH3U,which had sth similar for communication with Wii U.
Idk about cheating devices.

And the website is http://pokecheck.org.
Its main purpose is checking your Pokemon,not downloading.Just to know.
You deposit them via a fake GTS server in your account.And you can also download a pkm file for playing with an emulator.Pokecheck has a legality analysis.
I can answer to questions about it in PM,so we won't get off topic.
(14-06-2013 10:02 PM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-06-2013 08:52 PM)pekinoua Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but tbis doesn't make that much sense. First of all migration is not a tradition. And even if it was, I don't thnk that it's so important to ruin this.

Well,what if I want to use one of my hatched Vulpixes in X/Y?What if I actually want to play with my Pokemon on 3D?It's not just the Pokedex.I want to use my Pokemons in 3D.
Also,the regional dex can be easily completed with Pokemon from X and Y. -_-
And I won't be able to attend events,so why should I care if I can get a Mew from event?
Also,it's Nintendo's problem that hacking exists.We won't have hacks for about 1-2 months,not 6.And if there's no migration,then I will only buy Y for the 3D graphics.
The 3DS can recieve updates?The same happens for the PSP.AND IT'S HACKABLE!
Also,I don't think Nintendo will update the 3DS just because of Pokemon.And the games can't be updated,when they are retail.
Still,no migration because of hacks,but games will be hacked in about a month or two.Then tell me again why they shouldn't add migration.
Also,I know a website where I can check my Pokemon.So,why shouldn't I migrate?

PSP is quite the different case I believe. If it was the same, 3DS would have been hacked already. It's been two years and still not much progress. Will there really be hacks on 6 months from now?

And you seem to not understand what I'm saying about Pokedex. I personally consider a problem of the Pokemon series that you can transfer your pokemon on any new game. One of the core mechanics of the series is trading in order to complete the dex. Well, I'm pretty sure this worked well until 4th generation. After that, most of the people used the same Pokemon. In the end, they had a collection of them and they were just using them. For example I have completed the National Dex on Ruby. I transfer all of the Pokemon to Diamond and I just need to finish the region dex, that as you said is easy. Then, I transfer them to Platinum and again I completed the national dex there, effortless this time. Pokemon are the only series I know that does something like that. There are many big RPG games but every time you start a new installment you can't take anything from a previous game.

Oh and games can be updated if they're retail. Patches is something that 3DS supports. And I'm pretty sure that even the website you know can't tell certainly if a Pokemon is legit or not.
(14-06-2013 08:24 PM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]I'm also hoping that since the 3DS has regular system updates that maybe it will render any cheating device null and void, thus preventing hacked Pokemon period!

how about we keep our migration and emulators for the 3ds and instead request an Xbox one version of each game?

This. although i'm still worried this could all interfere with rom hacking in general and other stuff we had access to with the previous games. And in all honesty , migration would be nice...

(14-06-2013 08:52 PM)pekinoua Wrote: [ -> ]Also, hacked Pokémon is a bigger problem than you think. On the different forums and on GTS there are myriads of them. Yeah, hackers will find a way to cheat on these games too. But at least 3DS can receive updates, so it's more difficult. And even half a year without them is fine for me.

sounds like xbox one... Dodgy

(14-06-2013 10:02 PM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]Also,I don't think Nintendo will update the 3DS just because of Pokemon.And the games can't be updated,when they are retail.

would be nice , wouldn't it? i somehow don't think it's going to stay that way though Undecided

(14-06-2013 10:44 PM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]Just to know.

i've seen you use this phrase a lot , start replacing it with "just thought i'd mention that." or "just thought i'd let you know." , "just so you know" , pretty much anything that fits and is grammatically correct.

(14-06-2013 11:48 PM)pekinoua Wrote: [ -> ]Oh and games can be updated if they're retail. Patches is something that 3DS supports. And I'm pretty sure that even the website you know can't tell certainly if a Pokemon is legit or not.

we could test that actually. Anyone here have pokegen? I'm too lazy to download and try it myself Toungue But they say you could make perfectly legit looking pokemon with it.
I've seen many people discussing about Sylveon's type (Fairy type) but no one thought how Sylveon will evolve.

Let's check all the available ways:
  1. Leveling up at or above a certain level
  2. Leveling up when friendship is high
  3. Leveling up when the Pokémon knows a certain move
  4. Leveling up when trained in a certain area
  5. Leveling up when holding an item
  6. Leveling up at certain times
  7. Leveling up with unique conditions (see spoiler 1) or additional factors (see spoiler 2)
  8. Evolving by evolutionary stone
  9. Evolution via trading
  10. Trading holding a certain item
  11. Trading for a certain Pokémon

Spoiler 1 (Click to View)
Spoiler 2 (Click to View)

If you open Spoiler 3,you'll see the ways which are not used in Eeveelutions.The other ways will have a line over them.
Spoiler 3 (Click to View)
I don't think Eevee will evolve via trading or at a certain level,so we have:
  1. Leveling up when the Pokémon knows a certain move
  2. Leveling up when holding an item
  3. New way of evolution.

So,my prediction is that Eevee will evolve when you level it up while knowing a certain move.
Eevee can learn these moves prior to B2/W2.
So,I believe that certain move will be Charm.
Just look at Sylveon and tell me a move (other than Fairy Wind) that can describe it!
tl;dr

But evolving when knowing a move it already could learn in previous gens sounds silly.
I think that in order to evolve Eevee into Sylveon, you must do some special sequence in Pokemon Amie.
(16-06-2013 06:41 PM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]I think that in order to evolve Eevee into Sylveon, you must do some special sequence in Pokemon Amie.
this. It's almost obvious , really.
This is my qualm about Pokemon Amie:
http://cheezburger.com/7569080832

Also:
Sylveon knows Moonblast, no? As there are no other Pokemon that know Moonblast, it must be its signature move.
If Sylveon knows a moon-themed move as its signature, and Sylveon is often associated with moons among the fandom, then take a wild guess: What type of stone does Eevee use to evolve into Sylveon?

I can hear your hands slapping your faces from here.
Reference URL's