Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Pokémon X & Pokémon Y General
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The legendaries' names are Xerneas (reference to Cernunnos) and Yveltal (???)
Horrible names. Undecided The Yveltal has probably some connection to Wyverns
(09-01-2013 05:35 PM)pekinoua Wrote: [ -> ]Horrible names. Undecided
Don't worry; The title names of the games (X and Y) are already horrible enough. Rolleyes
lets hope the gameplay makes up for it
I actually like both of them. I hadn't heard about Cernunnos before, I haven't read anything concerning Celtic mythology but it's interesting that they're using the mythology of a European ethnic group as the basis of the legendaries. If the region is based on Europe and not just France, we may see pieces of Greek or Norse mythology here and there as well.
To be honest i'm hoping to see more of scandinavia

(09-01-2013 07:23 PM)NM2 Wrote: [ -> ]Looking up some Norse mythology, there's the cosmic tree, Yggdrasil.

Quote:Creatures live within Yggdrasil, including the wyrm (dragon) Níðhöggr, an unnamed eagle, and the stags Dáinn, Dvalinn, Duneyrr and Duraþrór.

Yveltal could represent the unnamed eagle while Xerneas could represent the stags (or just one of them Toungue). That also leaves Níðhöggr as the obligatory third legendary because we all know we need more Dragon-type legendaries.
Quite interesting
Well, I think that Yveltal is Wyvern and talons. It makes sense, I guess. European mythology! Yay!
Looking up some Norse mythology, there's the cosmic tree, Yggdrasil.

Quote:Creatures live within Yggdrasil, including the wyrm (dragon) Níðhöggr, an unnamed eagle, and the stags Dáinn, Dvalinn, Duneyrr and Duraþrór.

Yveltal could represent the unnamed eagle while Xerneas could represent the stags (or just one of them Toungue). That also leaves Níðhöggr as the obligatory third legendary because we all know we need more Dragon-type legendaries.
Then we'll have aesir , valkyries, and wolf Fenrir as pokemons and a place like Valhalla?

Hmmm maybe the 3rd legendary will be snake-like cause we have the giant midgar serpent Jörmungandr.
The dragon NM2 talks about was also in Age of Mythology it was Nidhogg or something like that.Anyway its really fascinating that they use the mythology of european regions.About the grass type starter it REALLY looks like oshawott thats why I dont think I will choose it.
(09-01-2013 08:31 PM)Grim Ripper Wrote: [ -> ]Then we'll have aesir , valkyries, and wolf Fenrir as pokemons and a place like Valhalla?

Hmmm maybe the 3rd legendary will be snake-like cause we have the giant midgar serpent Jörmungandr.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%B6rmungandr

Dragon/Poison with levitate!

Also, I don't thing that Yveltal is an eagle at all. I'm gonna stick with my wyvern theory. Wyverns are awesome!
All this talk reminds me of final fantasy xii. All of these names and I mean ALL of them are included in ffxii. As Grim Ripper said what's left to see is Fenrir, and I add Rocktoise,Ixion and why not a Fire/Dark pokemon Ifrit and the Dark/Dragon Bahamut. But I guess Game Freak will have to co-operate with Square Enix which is kinda hard (because of the difference in moves and item names,basically).

Personally, I find the two names different than what we were used to.

Maybe it's that X and Y at the start of each name that make them different and kinda difficult to pronnounce them,imo.

Earlier today I looked up "Y" at wikipedia and found out that it has greek roots. Other countries later added it to their alphabets. I wonder if X gives the same results. "Quick search"
Not exactly what I was expecting but still there is a jam with the greek alphabet.

So we can assume a part of the upcoming games include an (ancient) greek component.
(10-01-2013 02:00 AM)skorp Wrote: [ -> ]All this talk reminds me of final fantasy xii. All of these names and I mean ALL of them are included in ffxii. As Grim Ripper said what's left to see is Fenrir, and I add Rocktoise,Ixion and why not a Fire/Dark pokemon Ifrit and the Dark/Dragon Bahamut. But I guess Game Freak will have to co-operate with Square Enix which is kinda hard (because of the difference in moves and item names,basically).

Personally, I find the two names different than what we were used to.

Maybe it's that X and Y at the start of each name that make them different and kinda difficult to pronnounce them,imo.

Earlier today I looked up "Y" at wikipedia and found out that it has greek roots. Other countries later added it to their alphabets. I wonder if X gives the same results. "Quick search"
Not exactly what I was expecting but still there is a jam with the greek alphabet.

So we can assume a part of the upcoming games include an (ancient) greek component.

Hmmm Ifrit and Bahamut not bad, why not use most of the summons and a moogle just for fun.

Look what i found:
http://funnymama.com/post/128630
I don't agree completely but w/e.

I would like something ancient greece related or with all mythology not only greek, they could use the egyptian mythology also.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/01...ble_gaming

So what do you think about the real play thingy and the streetpass-spotpass?

They say at least 50 new pokemon. What you say we help them? Create some sketches about new pokemon and maybe say what type(s) could be.
(Some could sketch then give the to another person here for coloring and maybe make some changes and then send it to gamefreak. If it's possible)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...x8Rpbej7oQ#!
Let's see this vid with some explanations about the games.
Opa opa! AT LEAST 50 new Pokemon? Including evolutions? I hope not. Toungue This won't be a 6th gen then. xD
Reference URL's