Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Pokémon X & Pokémon Y General
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got a Protean Froakie and a Clefable in Wonder Trade!
You see? If we all close our eyes and believe really hard, Wonder Trade can be an awesome place!
Wonder Trade is one of my favorite ways to trade. I've gotten so many good Pokemon!
change to Pokeradar (Click to View)
(10-11-2013 05:22 AM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]Wonder Trade is one of my favorite ways to trade. I've gotten so many good Pokemon!

And what do YOU give?
You know,95% of the Pokemon I get there are easy to find Pokemons.
4.5% are from eggs and 0.5% good ones for in-game.
(07-11-2013 02:22 PM)pekinoua Wrote: [ -> ]I think I'd like those extras you have. Big Grin

I was away for a few days and only saw it now. I'll hold on to them for you.

(11-11-2013 11:41 PM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]And what do YOU give?

My breeding leftovers with 3-4 perfect IVs are all ditched in the abyss of Wonder Trade.
(11-11-2013 11:41 PM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-11-2013 05:22 AM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]Wonder Trade is one of my favorite ways to trade. I've gotten so many good Pokemon!

And what do YOU give?
You know,95% of the Pokemon I get there are easy to find Pokemons.
4.5% are from eggs and 0.5% good ones for in-game.

I typically give Pokemon I find in the Safari but I don't plan on using or I have excess of. Lately I've been giving away lots of Ivysaurs. I've given away starters with their Hidden Ability. Next time I get online, I'm going to give away a level 52 Scizor, a Venusaur, and one of my event Torchics. I would say I give pretty good stuff. I also plan on giving some of the Mega Stones I don't use away on the Pokemon I wonder trade. I've got them all (except Mewtwoite X cause I traded it and Mewtwo to thanasis for a Swirlix and Heracronite because a good friend of mine really wanted it.) Toungue Mega Mewtwo X doesn't fit my battle style and Mewtwo is too good of a Pokemon to sit in my box. It needed to be nurtured and cared for and I know thanasis will do that.

The only Mega Stones I plan on using are:
Mewtwonite Y
Venusaurite
Houndoomite
Pinsirite
possibly Lucarionite
Charizardite Y
Gardevoirite
Possibly Tyranitarite

All others are fair game for trade.
I get online from 11:00 am -12pm (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) on Saturdays only.

Also, how does one breed for almost perfect IVs? I know if the parent holds the Destiny Knot, the offspring will inherit all the parent's IVs and I also know that the Safari Pokemon typically have 1-3 perfect IVs.
@GD
Safari mons have ALWAYS at least 2 perfect IVs.
So,you need a Ditto safari for Pokemon not available in the safaris you have or not available in safaris at all.
Catch a lot of Dittos.Check the IVs and breed.If your other parent has 1 perfect stat,then it's better.
Then,you use your breeds as parents,moar Dittos (Toungue),etc.
It's not a pain for Peke,but for me it is.Toungue
Btw,will Pokebank be with accounts?If yes,maybe members with a number of posts could have access to a Legendary Pokemon Forums Pokebank account or sth.We could give away the breeds we don't want there.Big Grin
(12-11-2013 04:16 PM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]Btw,will Pokebank be with accounts?If yes,maybe members with a number of posts could have access to a Legendary Pokemon Forums Pokebank account or sth.We could give away the breeds we don't want there.Big Grin
You should be a member for at least 4 years to access that. Toungue

Also, personally I have found the breeding process quite fun. I actually don't use the ditto safari anymore for this. I have a lot of different Pokemon with at least 4 31 IVs and now I trade them with other people. If you start breeding a few Pokemon, you can find more a lot easier. I think that's the good thing about Pokemon and why I hated what was happening in Gen IV and especially V, because of the many different exploits. At least shinies(I haven't found one yet ffs...), feel more special now, even if the shiny encounter chance has increased.

And I got to agree with Hachi, breeding Pokemon that you can't get in a safari, without a ditto safari, is difficult but that's the reason you should search for trades. I don't think that you need more than 5 different Dittos... Pokemon are about the trades too. And fortunately, people tend to give them a lot in Wonder Trades and sometimes GTS.
(12-11-2013 04:16 PM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]@GD

So,you need a Ditto safari for Pokemon not available in the safaris you have or not available in safaris at all.
Catch a lot of Dittos.Check the IVs and breed.If your other parent has 1 perfect stat,then it's better.
Then,you use your breeds as parents,moar Dittos (Toungue),etc.

Btw,will Pokebank be with accounts?If yes,maybe members with a number of posts could have access to a Legendary Pokemon Forums Pokebank account or sth.We could give away the breeds we don't want there.Big Grin
@Hachi ~ It would have to be with accounts. That would be the only way to keep track of the yearly fee.
I hope we can do this.

(12-11-2013 04:55 PM)pekinoua Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2013 04:16 PM)8hachi8 Wrote: [ -> ]Btw,will Pokebank be with accounts?If yes,maybe members with a number of posts could have access to a Legendary Pokemon Forums Pokebank account or sth.We could give away the breeds we don't want there.Big Grin
No. I like Hachi's solution better. Members with let's say 250 posts or more could participate.

(12-11-2013 04:55 PM)pekinoua Wrote: [ -> ]And I got to agree with Hachi, breeding Pokemon that you can't get in a safari, without a ditto safari, is difficult but that's the reason you should search for trades. I don't think that you need more than 5 different Dittos... Pokemon are about the trades too. And fortunately, people tend to give them a lot in Wonder Trades and sometimes GTS.
I don't have a Safari with Ditto in it. Sad
I've gotten some Pokemon with good IVs in the wild.
My Articuno's IVs: 18/30/21/30 /4/29
Of course that does me no good since Articuno can't breed. Toungue
I'll have to check the IVs on my other Pokemon later.
(12-11-2013 04:07 AM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]Also, how does one breed for almost perfect IVs? I know if the parent holds the Destiny Knot, the offspring will inherit all the parent's IVs and I also know that the Safari Pokemon typically have 1-3 perfect IVs.

When breeding, the offspring receives 3 of its parents' IVs. Not 3 from each, 3 total. For example, if M is the male parent, F the female one and X is a randomly generated IV, possible spreads for a baby are M/M/F/X/X/X or X/X/F/F/F/X. If a parent holds Destiny Knot, the number of IVs passed to the offspring from the parents becomes 5. So, spreads like X/M/M/F/F/F or F/F/F/F/F/X become possible. This makes passing IVs from the parents to the offspring much easier so always use a Destiny Knot if your parents are good. Also, keep in mind that Everstone always passes on the parent's nature to the offspring so use that too. One parent should hold Everstone, the other one should hold Destiny Knot.

How to get good parents now. Start by catching lots of Ditto in the Friend Safari. Get multiple natures since different Pokémon need different natures and you have to be able to pass a nature to the baby. Those Ditto will become parent #1. As far as parent #2 goes, it will have to be the Pokémon you want to breed. If you're breeding a Pokémon that can be found in the Friend Safari, catch the parent there. If not, you'll have to start with a bad one, it's not a problem but it will make the entire process slower obviously.

So, here's what you have to do. Ditto with 2 max IVs, correct nature and Everstone + other parent, let's say Larvitar, with Destiny Knot = breed them until you get a Larvitar with the correct nature and those 2 max IVs. Then you replace the parents. The Larvitar with the corrent nature and 2 max IVs and Everstone + another Ditto with different max IVs and Destiny Knot will eventually result in a Larvitar with 3 or even 4 max IVs. Every time you get an offspring that is better than a parent, replace that parent with it. Keep going and you will eventually get a Pokémon with perfect IVs.

After you're done, you will not only have a perfect Pokémon but also a bunch of near-perfect ones, Pokémon with like 4 max IVs and the correct nature. You can trade those to others for their own breeding leftovers and make your next breeding project easier by skipping a few steps in the chain.

That's the gist of it. That's obviously a summed up guide, Pokémon that require egg moves, genderless Pokémon, etc are a little bit more complicated. If somebody feels like making a full breeding guide for this generation, feel free to do it, we'd really appreciate it and upload it on the main site.

(12-11-2013 07:54 PM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]http://nuggetbridge.com/breeding/pseudo-...okemon-xy/

This only becomes useful after a few breeding projects when you have a bunch of Pokémon from different egg groups with 3+ max IVs each. You're better off starting the traditional way.
(12-11-2013 05:48 PM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2013 04:55 PM)pekinoua Wrote: [ -> ]
No. I like Hachi's solution better. Members with let's say 250 posts or more could participate.

I say at least 300,but 250 is good too.
Most of the trustworthy members are those who are known here (with the exeption of Alcovich,who has less than 250 posts as Alcovich Toungue [SERIOUSLY?3 ACCOUNTS? Toungue]).When you have a lot of posts,people know who you are and how you behave to other members.
Also,the cost being 5$ or 5€ per year makes it easier for having a forum account,since the cost is not that big.
OF COURSE only Arty2 and the other admins have the right to do it,but I only wanted to give an idea.
Big Grin
If PokéBank were account based, people would exploit it in the way you are suggesting. While it's certainly a great idea (we've talked about it ourselves in case it actually ends up being possible), it would mean less money from subscriptions for Nintendo/TPCi/Game Freak/whoever's maintaining it so I don't think we'll be ever able to do that. PokéBank will most likely be tied to each person's 3DS, similar to how you download an e-Shop game on your SD but you still can't play it on another 3DS if you switch SD cards.
(12-11-2013 08:04 PM)NM2 Wrote: [ -> ]When breeding, the offspring receives 3 of its parents' IVs. Not 3 from each, 3 total. For example, if M is the male parent, F the female one and X is a randomly generated IV, possible spreads for a baby are M/M/F/X/X/X or X/X/F/F/F/X. If a parent holds Destiny Knot, the number of IVs passed to the offspring from the parents becomes 5. So, spreads like X/M/M/F/F/F or F/F/F/F/F/X become possible. This makes passing IVs from the parents to the offspring much easier so always use a Destiny Knot if your parents are good. Also, keep in mind that Everstone always passes on the parent's nature to the offspring so use that too. One parent should hold Everstone, the other one should hold Destiny Knot.

How to get good parents now. Start by catching lots of Ditto in the Friend Safari. Get multiple natures since different Pokémon need different natures and you have to be able to pass a nature to the baby. Those Ditto will become parent #1. As far as parent #2 goes, it will have to be the Pokémon you want to breed. If you're breeding a Pokémon that can be found in the Friend Safari, catch the parent there. If not, you'll have to start with a bad one, it's not a problem but it will make the entire process slower obviously.

So, here's what you have to do. Ditto with 2 max IVs, correct nature and Everstone + other parent, let's say Larvitar, with Destiny Knot = breed them until you get a Larvitar with the correct nature and those 2 max IVs. Then you replace the parents. The Larvitar with the corrent nature and 2 max IVs and Everstone + another Ditto with different max IVs and Destiny Knot will eventually result in a Larvitar with 3 or even 4 max IVs. Every time you get an offspring that is better than a parent, replace that parent with it. Keep going and you will eventually get a Pokémon with perfect IVs.

After you're done, you will not only have a perfect Pokémon but also a bunch of near-perfect ones, Pokémon with like 4 max IVs and the correct nature. You can trade those to others for their own breeding leftovers and make your next breeding project easier by skipping a few steps in the chain.

That's the gist of it. That's obviously a summed up guide, Pokémon that require egg moves, genderless Pokémon, etc are a little bit more complicated. If somebody feels like making a full breeding guide for this generation, feel free to do it, we'd really appreciate it and upload it on the main site.

(12-11-2013 07:54 PM)grassdragon Wrote: [ -> ]http://nuggetbridge.com/breeding/pseudo-...okemon-xy/

This only becomes useful after a few breeding projects when you have a bunch of Pokémon from different egg groups with 3+ max IVs each. You're better off starting the traditional way.

Thanks so much NM2!
I just have to find someone that has a Ditto in their Safari. I don't have anybody that gives Dittos. Sad I do have some Pokemon with 2-3 good IVs though.
Reference URL's