Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Pokémon Black & Pokémon White
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(19-09-2010 06:02 PM)pekinoua Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know what are the effects of Archeon's(the archaiopteryx pokemon,fossil) ability?

When HP falls below 50%, all stats are halved.

(19-09-2010 06:10 PM)alexkafroc Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone tell me why the ability justice heart of arcanine and lucario they made it useless by boosting their attack by one point WHEN they opponent USES dark type.

How is that useless? Flash Fire worked in a similar way and only boosted Fire-type moves. This ability grants a Dark immunity to Arcanine AND a boost in Atk. My only problem is that you probably can't have any egg moves with a Dream World ability, Arcanine got freaking Close Combat as an egg move...

By the way, this seems to be the correct list of abilities. Names are just translations, they may change in the English version. Japanese names in parentheses, I'm missing some.
New Abilities (Click to View)

The most notable thing to me is [A126] that reverses stat boosts/drops. The Tsutaaja line gets it in the Dream World and also gets Leaf Storm via level-up, what can prevent it from spamming a STABed, base power 140 move that sharply raises SpAtk.?
(19-09-2010 06:50 PM)Ninjomewtwo Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-09-2010 06:02 PM)pekinoua Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know what are the effects of Archeon's(the archaiopteryx pokemon,fossil) ability?

This is useless.... There isn't any use for this!! Poor Archeon...Sad
(19-09-2010 06:50 PM)Ninjomewtwo Wrote: [ -> ]

(19-09-2010 06:10 PM)alexkafroc Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone tell me why the ability justice heart of arcanine and lucario they made it useless by boosting their attack by one point WHEN they opponent USES dark type.

How is that useless? Flash Fire worked in a similar way and only boosted Fire-type moves. This ability grants a Dark immunity to Arcanine AND a boost in Atk. My only problem is that you probably can't have any egg moves with a Dream World ability, Arcanine got freaking Close Combat as an egg move...
The ability justice heart is useless because everyone will learn after some time that if u hit arcanine with a dark type move his attack will boost like water absorb in some water pokemons.
Like Arcanine doesn't like a new immunity.
@alexcafroc
And since when is Water Absorb a useless ability? And exactly how is the opponent supposed to know you'll bring in Arcanine when they use a Dark type attack? I first thought the pokemon with Justice Heart would take damage from the dark type attack and then get the attack boost, which made it seem pretty pointless on Arcanine. Now I find it a great ability.

(19-09-2010 06:50 PM)Ninjomewtwo Wrote: [ -> ][A128] - Competitive Spirit (Makenki): Attack raised by 2 whenever it's reduced by 1 (such as by Intimidate)
And they gave it Farfetch'd -.-'

[A130] - Cursed Body: When the user faints, the move that KOed them may be disabled.
Good, this could stop sweeps, only a few ghosts have it though.

[A136] - Multi-Scales (Maruchisukeiru): Takes less damage from attacks when HP is full
Lugia could become even more of a tank, still SR will probably make the ability useless. Could work well with Roost though.

[A137] - Poison Panic: Attack boosted when poisoned
[A138] - Fire Alarm: Powered up when Burned
Poor man's Guts? Toungue

[A141] - Erratic: Random Stat Boosted when entering battle
Cool I guess...

[A144] - Regeneration (Saiseiryoku): The user recovers 1/3 of HP when they switch out.
Slowbro gets it, can't see it work with Curse.At least it'd help it recover from a failed set up...

[A148] - Analyse (Anaraizu): Moves are powered-up when you move after the target
As if Starmie would use it Toungue

[A152] - Mummy (Miira): Contact attacks replace attacker's ability with Mummy
Seems fun Toungue
So you tell me that when another trainer is facing you and you have for example onix and he has jolteon you mean with what you tell me that he is not supposed to know that electric types doesn't affect onix?Everybody (Almost) that has pokemon and using wi-fi know a little bit about pokemon they will not be so stupid to use dark type move on arcanine after they made it once mistake like using electric types moves on ground types.
Let's say you have heracross out and your opponent has gengar. You go for night slash and they Switch(and this tends to happen quite often in battles), Arcanine comes in. Now you have to deal with a 525 Attack Arcanine(supposing max Attack, not even taking the potential Choice Band/Life Orb into account) that can destroy your team with ExtremeSpeed
Can anyone find a good thing about Archeon's Ability?

Also Mummy seems to be a very interesting ability. The opponent will lose its abilityToungue
(19-09-2010 09:01 PM)alexkafroc Wrote: [ -> ]So you tell me that when another trainer is facing you and you have for example onix and he has jolteon you mean with what you tell me that he is not supposed to know that electric types doesn't affect onix?Everybody (Almost) that has pokemon and using wi-fi know a little bit about pokemon they will not be so stupid to use dark type move on arcanine after they made it once mistake like using electric types moves on ground types.

prediction?

I don't use wi-fi,but I know it :O

Grumpig will suck ;(
Seems like it will be NNNNNU...alone :'(

OU number of pokemon will be too high o.o

@Justice Heart:I can't think about Luke with this boost and LO after a good pred..it will be WOW...

And don't say me Mach punch it with technician Breloom -.-

@G_F Farfetch'd stick Adamant late game sweeper in NU!Can you imagine it?????xD

I will build a team with this,when pokepeople decide to put the pokemon in shoddy xD

@GN I said it you about 1 million times,it sucks Toungue!If Darkrai go in OU,it will just be a lead with the ability showing your next pokemon to your opponent...U-turn option though is good Toungue

ALSO!Did anyone found any rom for B&W without freezes and no demo,in any language?
(19-09-2010 09:20 PM)pekinoua Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone find a good thing about Archeon's Ability?

Its ability, no. It's just made to counter its great stats, kind of like Slaking's Truant. The only way Archaeos could be used is as a lead, hoping you'll manage to KO a Pokémon or two before your stats become crap.

(19-09-2010 09:59 PM)JuanDeLolo Wrote: [ -> ]ALSO!Did anyone found any rom for B&W without freezes and no demo,in any language?

Nintendo threatened Serebii and Pokebeach with C&D letters due to the fact that they used roms, do you believe we'll leave any discussion about it here, let alone links to the roms? Check the main site.
I can see potential in the new Fire/Bug Pokemon..

It's so awesome.

And did anyone notice that BAMF called Ononokuruso ? The guy has a freakin' 147 base Atk and 97 base Spe, plus it has access to DD, SD and Outrage..

Imagine this guy, with 800+ after an SD boost, not adding LO.. this guy can 2HKO everything. If not OHKO.
Also, don't know if it was mentioned here already, Genosekuto changes types (5 total, inc. Fire, Electric) based on the item it holds.
Sth like Arceus?

Also,sorry NM I didn't see it....
(20-09-2010 06:18 AM)sweet-devil Wrote: [ -> ]And did anyone notice that BAMF called Ononokuruso ? The guy has a freakin' 147 base Atk and 97 base Spe, plus it has access to DD, SD and Outrage..

Imagine this guy, with 800+ after an SD boost, not adding LO.. this guy can 2HKO everything. If not OHKO.

Earthquake and Mold Breaker too, not even Levitating Steel-types can stop it.

(20-09-2010 08:45 AM)Arty2 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, don't know if it was mentioned here already, Genosekuto changes types (5 total, inc. Fire, Electric) based on the item it holds.

I saw the sprites on veekun but I don't really get how it works. Arceus had Multitype, ok, Genosect has Download, it shouldn't be able to change types. Oh, it also learns a new move ("Techno Buster" or something) that works like a weaker Judgment (less power, less PP).
(20-09-2010 06:18 AM)sweet-devil Wrote: [ -> ]And did anyone notice that BAMF called Ononokuruso ? The guy has a freakin' 147 base Atk and 97 base Spe, plus it has access to DD, SD and Outrage..

Ononokuruso was basically begging for DD and Outrage with such stats, Game Freak listened to it and we get the Garchomp of this Generation Toungue

97 base speed is good(anything more than 100 would be too broken), I predict it using DD a lot(SD won't work as well as on Chomp mainly because of the slightly less speed).
It will probably get EQ and I hope for some fire moves as well...
Reference URL's