Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Pokémon Black & Pokémon White
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Genosect propably changes type due to the item's effect and not its own ability.
Also, I can't find a Pokemon who resists Reshiram's STABs. If you find one tell me.
I also read on smogon that Thunder Wave doesn't hit ground types after all, but I don't know if it is confirmed.
Anyone notice Mewtwo's lvl 100 Attack? (It's propably a signature at last).
Replying to posts from last page:
Ononokurso gets Earthquake but doesn't get any Fire moves.. i was hoping ofr Fire Punch or somethin'..

And if you're gonna say Skarmory.. he can be Taunted and become a set-up bait, and it falls down to +2 Outrage.. (2HKO)

If it Roosts, then Earthquake.

Quote: Also, I can't find a Pokemon who resists Reshiram's STABs. If you find one tell me.

Heatproof Bronzong.
^No, Bronzong takes normal damage from fire type moves with Heatproof(damage is halved so 2x->1x)

I'm hoping for a future tutor(on the third-Gray version perhaps) for a fire move on Ononokuso.

Also, Serebii claims Eccentric is Ditto's new ability(opposed to Jack of All Trades which seems pointless on it) allowing Ditto to transform into your oponent's pokemon immediately at entering the battle, essentially making it the perfect scouter and an awesome revenge killer(giving it a scarf allows it to outspeed any non-scarf pokemon, if it copies stat boosts as well it's top OU for sure).
Any comments on this?
Oh, i thought Heatproof makes Bronzong resist Fire. (0.5)

Anyway, i read about the Ditto, it seems interesting, definitely will be the top revengers of Gen V.
Both of you ignored Turbo Blaze which blocks Heatproof. That means that it can also hit Heatran for Neutral Damage bypassing Flash Fire.

I always liked Ditto so I am glad it gained this new ability.
I'm still not sure about Ditto, Transform doesn't copy stat boosts iirc, I don't see why Eccentric will. So, if the opponent has a boost in Speed (Dragon Dance, Dragon Dance everywhere), you still get a Speed tie after the Scarf. Also, switching in will need great prediction skills, if you switch in on Gyarados's Waterfall you're cool, if you switch in on a Stone Edge, you're dead before doing anything.

About Reshiram, Heatran is the only Pokémon resisting Fire/Dragon but with TurboBlaze, he's stopped. Anyway, it's not like Reshiram has any chance of not being an uber. Toungue

About Skarmory vs Mr. Axeface, what will Skarmory do, Brave Bird? Only thing it could do is Whirlwind your boosts away, but Axeface is faster and can use Dragon Tail, assuming it has the same priority as Whirwind ([M525]Dragon Tail - Physical - Dragon - 10 PP - 60 Base Power - 90% Accuracy - Forces the target to switch).
Yeah, I thought of Heatran too, but Game Freak tried their best to give Reshiram a perfectly unresisted dual STAB it seems.

Another random thing I'm happy about is Heracross getting Overconfidence. I tend to use him a lot in the Tower and getting a boost after KOing sth is more than welcome.

Also, does anyone know how an ability like Heavy Metal(doubles pokemon's weight??) could affect a battle(low kick and grass knot still hit heavy metal pokemon hard...)? Maybe new moves?
[M484]Heavy Bomber - Physical - Steel - 10 PP - 100% Accuracy - The heavier the user is, the more damage it deals.
[M535]Heat Stamp - Physical - Fire - 10 PP - 100% Accuracy - The heavier the User is, the more damage it deals.

Aggron and Bronzong are the only Pokémon with Heavy Metal that can learn the first one and the second one is Enbuoh's signature move and it doesn't get Heavy Metal.
97 base speed means its DD set is doomed to be outspeed by the 100+ Scarfed Dragons, not good imo.And it's pretty frail too. (talking about Ona something Toungue ).

(20-09-2010 03:13 PM)sweet-devil Wrote: [ -> ]If it Roosts, then Earthquake.

Try using EQ against a slower Roost user...
(20-09-2010 06:53 PM)GeorgeSlayer Wrote: [ -> ]97 base speed means its DD set is doomed to be outspeed by the 100+ Scarfed Dragons, not good imo.And it's pretty frail too. (talking about Ona something Toungue ).

Disagreeing on that one. Well, I would personally never switch in a Dragon against something that can fire a super-effective, STAB Outrage off a 147 base Attack. And not only that. As things stand now (no metagame shaped, etc), the set I would like to try is DD, Outrage, Earthquake and Dragon Tail. So, if it was the first time I'm switching in this beast and (obviously) expect my opponent to switch to a counter, I'd use Dragon Tail, not DD, scouting the counter and sending it away. This guy plays as any other DDer (well, maybe apart from Tyranitar Toungue), you shouldn't DD unless you know you're gonna sweep.

Also, is there any other base 100 Scarf'd Dragon apart from Flygon? Toungue I don't believe I'd see any Scarf'd Salamence even if he came back to OU.
Base 100+ scarf everything (Chomp if OU,Starmie,Latias if OU, Flygon,Jirachi,actually depends on whether we have the choice items [are they confirmed] and what uses them in the new metagame), and of course I wouldn't switch the revenge killer in directly either Toungue.Its 97 speed kinda ensures it stays in OU, would be one step closer to uber with 103+ Speed.

Anyway, I still like having another great Dragon Toungue.Maybe this time a mono-type Dragon team can be completed and be viable...
the new stats for the moves are really helpfull
(20-09-2010 09:03 PM)GeorgeSlayer Wrote: [ -> ]actually depends on whether we have the choice items [are they confirmed] and what uses them in the new metagame

Yup, confirmed. Also, some new items, available at the Battle Subway:

- Bulb: A used bulb. If equipped, Sp. Atk rises when your Pokemon is hit with a Water attack.
- Rechargable Battery: A used rechargable battery. If equipped, Attack rises when your Pokemon is hit with an Electric attack.
- Red Card: A card with mysterious power. If equipped, you can eject your opponent (when hit by their attack).
- Escape Button: If the Pokemon holding this item is hit by an attack then it can escape from battle and switch with another Pokemon in your party.
- Balloon: Pokemon holding this item will float in the air. Pops when hit by an attack. (Ground immunity until you get attacked).
- Discipline Band: A band that helps discipline attacks. When equipted, discipline attacks get stronger. (No idea)
(20-09-2010 05:00 PM)Ninjomewtwo Wrote: [ -> ]About Skarmory vs Mr. Axeface, what will Skarmory do, Brave Bird? Only thing it could do is Whirlwind your boosts away, but Axeface is faster and can use Dragon Tail, assuming it has the same priority as Whirwind ([M525]Dragon Tail - Physical - Dragon - 10 PP - 60 Base Power - 90% Accuracy - Forces the target to switch).

But Mr. Axeface can also Taunt Skarmory. Which is why it's over-hyped, because unlike other Dragons, it can't be PHazed.
Uragamosu will be our next uber i think with this amazing attack : Butterfly Dance
Reference URL's