Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Pokémon Black & Pokémon White
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Original you say? Hm...lets look at the similarities:
Grass, Fire, and Water starters
Some kind of Rattata/Raticate replacement
A Pidgy family replacement
Mascot legendaries
Elite 4
Rival who isn't a douche
Evil team who wants to rule the world or all pokemon
The whole "8 gyms" thingy
1 or more dragon type psuedo legendaries
A 3rd mysterious member of the mascot legendary trio
Master Ball
Zubat and Geodude families (or a replacement that acts exactly like them)
Post game is pretty boring

and so it goes
(31-05-2011 11:11 PM)Giratina88 Wrote: [ -> ]Original you say? Hm...lets look at the similarities:
Grass, Fire, and Water starters
Some kind of Rattata/Raticate replacement
A Pidgy family replacement
Mascot legendaries
Elite 4
Rival who isn't a douche
Evil team who wants to rule the world or all pokemon
The whole "8 gyms" thingy
1 or more dragon type psuedo legendaries
A 3rd mysterious member of the mascot legendary trio
Master Ball
Zubat and Geodude families (or a replacement that acts exactly like them)
Post game is pretty boring

and so it goes

You forgot some stuff:

They are pokemon games.
The battles are turn based.
You are a trainer.
You have to defeat your opponents.
It's on a Nintendo console.
Oh yeah, I forgot one more thing:
There are pokemon
Yes original storyline, that is what I said. The team plasma, the constant encounters with various game characters throught the gym challenge and the first champion and hall of fame are quite different from the previous versions` thus quite intresting. The Pokemon similarities are pretty irrelevant since the designs or movesets or evolotionary chains differ from their counterpart`s. Grass fire and water have became a tradition in Pokemon games because of the interaction of these types Grass<Fire<Water<
And these are the standards that pokemon versions will and must always have in my view. A lot of truly original comparing to the ordinary games used to be rescue teams, pokemon ranger, pokemon ranch and more I cannot recall.
They COULD do something like psychic, dark, and fighting for starter types
(02-06-2011 11:35 PM)Giratina88 Wrote: [ -> ]They COULD do something like psychic, dark, and fighting for starter types

Nah, I don't think the will ever change the starters' types. They are probably one the most classical aspect of the game, if not the most. They were and still are the first Pokémon everyone encounters when the start their adventure. So, they will keep having Bulbasaur's, Squirtle's and Charmander's type.

But your idea would be nice for an unofficial game.
Well, I don't care if its classic, I still want nintendo to use MY idea. I don't want to hear all of this nostalgia crap. That being said, I can't wait for the Ruby Sapphire remake.
I don't care about nostalgia too, after all I started playing from Gen V, a few months ago. I just think it's something that shouldn't be changed.

As for the Gen III remakes, I only hope they will also be released for DSi.
What I hate is people going around saying "They aren't gonna make a remake of gen 3 because gen 3 was the worst gen" I CONSTANTLY hear this. Gen 3 I think was one of the best generations of pokemon.
Gen 3 is the second best generation ;P. Gev V ftw
Yeah, I' ve also seen people claiming that Gens III and IV are a complete waste. I haven't played any Pokémon game taking place in Sinnoh or Hoenn yet, but they sure aren't that bad.

Anyway, every region and Gen is different, we can't expect everything to be like in Kanto.
wtf gen 3 is fukken awesome o_O;
People keep raging on kanto as well. Seems people only like johto
I think every Generation and Region has something positive about it. The first had everything fresh and different. The second one brought in a much bigger story, far better graphics and many more pokémon. The third I never played, but the fourth ... brought Heart and Silver remakes. The fifth generation sets the bar higher so that the game is more difficult, the story is more spread over the whole game and not cramped into one point in the game then nothing. It brought better technology and so on.

To say that one generation is better than the other is really unfair. To me, anyway.
I think it be totally fair. Generations are MADE so we can compare, contrast, and rage about them on internet forums like this one.
Reference URL's