Legendary Pokémon

Full Version: Pokémon Black & Pokémon White
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(23-09-2010 01:33 PM)BLUE Wrote: [ -> ]Not entirely true. They just change the way competitive Pokemon Players are going to play. I don't like this change, but it's just because I am not used to it.

You see, it turns prediction into mind games.

Example:
Let's say i'm using an Electivire and while the foe is using an Gyarados and also has Electivire in his team.

I can easily ThunderPunch/Thunderbolt it, but then he'll switch to Electivire and get a free +1 speed, i can Earthquake but what if it doesn't switch expecting me to expect him to switch ? Then i'll just waste a turn and Gyarados will set-up DD or use Earthquake or something.
(23-09-2010 02:08 PM)sweet-devil Wrote: [ -> ]You see, it turns prediction into mind games.

Example:
Let's say i'm using an Electivire and while the foe is using an Gyarados and also has Electivire in his team.

I can easily ThunderPunch/Thunderbolt it, but then he'll switch to Electivire and get a free +1 speed, i can Earthquake but what if it doesn't switch expecting me to expect him to switch ? Then i'll just waste a turn and Gyarados will set-up DD or use Earthquake or something.

Wasn't it always like that? Even if you didn't know your opponent has Electivire, you would still have to think about that scenario. Anyways, that is a really strange change though, I wasn't expecting that. With some experience in the metagame, you can even tell what sets your opponent's Pokémon may have just by looking at the species. Also, I don't believe battle simulators will be like this, at least not at their first stages.
That's what I am talking about. It changes the way we plan/think/act. It does not destroy it. Furthermore, in a friendly environment, like our forums, my team would sooner or later be revealed and I don't think that it's easy to constantly change your team. (Always talking about in-game players, not simulators)
(23-09-2010 02:13 PM)Ninjomewtwo Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn't it always like that? Even if you didn't know your opponent has Electivire, you would still have to think about that scenario. Anyways, that is a really strange change though, I wasn't expecting that. With some experience in the metagame, you can even tell what sets your opponent's Pokémon may have just by looking at the species. Also, I don't believe battle simulators will be like this, at least not at their first stages.

Not always, that's why people usually sweep with their sweepers late-game, to make sure those kind of stuff are eliminated, or bring their sweepers when they've scouted the opponent's team.

Quote:I don't think that it's easy to constantly change your team.

Some players can do that easily.
By the way, since we now have a whole forum about Black and White, I suggest we move any discussion about Gen V competitive battling to a new thread and leave this one for just general info on the games. Will be easier to browse the thread for info if anything is in its correct place.
@sweet-devil: Do you mean that it's easy to breed and train six new Pokemon every 2 weeks? Not to mention that some Pokemon (non uber legendaries) appear only once in the game so you have the option for only one role. Again I am talking about proper in-game players. Pokesav not included.
EV training and breeding are easy if you have the right material for it.
Back sprites (Click to View)

If you're curious... :P
Wow that's fantastic now it looks far away better that gen IV.I remember playing blue&red the backsprite it like what the heck this is dump or a pokemon?
Thanks, Freq !

And alex, yeah, but it was on the Gameboy though, not even on the Gameboy color, so it's natural for to to be crap, actually it was considered good back then. Toungue
Nah only 15 years passed since then.15 years it's nothingToungue
I don't like the new back sprites.They remind me of r/b/y/g/s.
Yup, they sure look a lot like them.

[Image: rbback031.png]

By the way, it's the first time the backsprite shows the whole Pokémon instead of just its upper body.
(24-09-2010 02:42 PM)Ninjomewtwo Wrote: [ -> ]Yup, they sure look a lot like them.

[Image: rbback031.png]

lol

(24-09-2010 02:42 PM)Ninjomewtwo Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, it's the first time the backsprite shows the whole Pokémon instead of just its upper body.

That's why I'm loving the back sprites!
I also want to say that the new animation is awesome and the low-life tune is not that annoying.

Also there should be a Greek B/W discussion.
Reference URL's